IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3 for Windows (Official Thread)

After some absence of using Audirvana, a small venture to try uPNP to the Lumin U1, over several hops over the network, rather than direct from the main music server. The reason is that Audirvana will not install on a) Win Server 2016 or Win 10 LTSC, but will install on Windows 10 vanilla, not the most optimised.

Started playing something easy like Redbook files, cool, works, then a 96 file, couple of those, then a DSD64. Nothing, silence for a few seconds. Then burst of white noise from the speakers. That machine has 128GB RAM and Audirvana still couldn't buffer from one sample rate to the other.  go silent and stop, but don't lose control.

Piss poor. Will try again in another 6 months, now two years and a license upgrade since the windows version was released and finding faults far too quickly. I dare not use the original library files, since test sample files were changed when Audirvana added them to its database.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

• 6 months later...

I see no one has updated this thread, so nobody using Audirvana without trouble?

Anyway reinstalled today (April 28) in the morning, by the time I returned from work, the library was indexed, some 12,000 tracks.

Played a few redbook files, noted the muting circuit on in the DAC, the tracks skipped along for the first few seconds. Switched mid stream to a 96, it played fine apart from the messy transition of stutters for a couple of seconds.. That moment of glory was short lived when a DSD64 was selected to play mid stream from the 96. Stuttering, had to pause and wait for the buildup of memory allocation, then played again without trouble.

What junk software, honestly, why do I bother. Roon sure does have its problems, it at least has the renderer and DAC under control, albeit not the greatest SQ. Oh well wait another six months I suppose..

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

6 hours ago, JoeWhip said:

I am using the latest version of A on my MacBook Air. No issues at all. Sounds fantastic.

+1

Qobuz streaming up to 24/192 with the latest Audirvana for Mac on MBP High-Sierra. No local files. Zero issues and no complaints at all.

Matt

"I want to know why the musicians are on stage, not where". (John Farlowe)