IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3 for Windows (Official Thread)

46 minutes ago, Screwdriver said:

Looking at JRiver 24 which I have not used in awhile shows many missing artists that Audirvana does not show. Looking at the tags, I cannot see what would cause this. BTW, I am a database admin and do field compares for conversions for an insurance client management software. I take databases from companies that want to merge with our software and match/edit fields so the conversion is successful.

Attached are screens from JRiver and Audirvana. You can see missing artists like Ace Frehley and Aretha Franklin. Both of which show up in a search, but not in any view I choose in the library.

Here is a search for "Ace Frehley". He shows up in a search under "artists", but is not listed in the library when "album artist" is chosen. Tags are in line with artist that do show in the library. So the only way I can find Ace Frehley is through a search as he is nowhere in the library view.

1. Can you check the integrity of your library database, using the command in the Maintenance section at the bottom of the preferences page?

2. If it succeeds, can you send me your database file, e.g. using Firefox send, giving me the DL link by email or PM? So I can inspect it.

3. You'll want to update to the 3.5 beta

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

I know this is [insert descriptor here] to get one program to function.  Wiping out all tags and refreshing them along with creating a new folder the files get copied into might be the solution.  

Edit: See the programmer responded.

22 minutes ago, damien78 said:

1. Can you check the integrity of your library database, using the command in the Maintenance section at the bottom of the preferences page?

2. If it succeeds, can you send me your database file, e.g. using Firefox send, giving me the DL link by email or PM? So I can inspect it.

3. You'll want to update to the 3.5 beta

This is what drives me nuts. Where is the 3.5 beta? Don't see it on the site, the forums etc. I just wasted 10 minutes looking for it.

24 minutes ago, rando said:

I know this is [insert descriptor here] to get one program to function.  Wiping out all tags and refreshing them along with creating a new folder the files get copied into might be the solution.  

Edit: See the programmer responded.

I have done that.....in fact if you look at my old posts, I did redo my entire collection for it to play well with Audirvana. 

Why does this work flawlessly in every program but Audirvana?

2 minutes ago, Screwdriver said:

This is what drives me nuts. Where is the 3.5 beta? Don't see it on the site, the forums etc. I just wasted 10 minutes looking for it.

You need to be registered to the Audirvana forum to access it, and thus post feedback

Just now, Screwdriver said:

I have done that.....in fact if you look at my old posts, I did redo my entire collection for it to play well with Audirvana.  Why does this work flawlessly in every program but Audirvana?

That's why I'd like to inspect your database.

BTW, in the artists view you're showing, you have selected to show only the album artists, that is either the ones declared as AlbumArtist in the tags, or artists that are in at least 75% of the album tracks.

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

1 hour ago, damien78 said:

You need to be registered to the Audirvana forum to access it, and thus post feedback

That's why I'd like to inspect your database.

BTW, in the artists view you're showing, you have selected to show only the album artists, that is either the ones declared as AlbumArtist in the tags, or artists that are in at least 75% of the album tracks.

Well the database checks out OK....but sending you the file is probably not happening as my upload is 10Mbps at best and the database is 1.2GB.

Also from my example above, Ace Frehley is listed as the artist...here is the meta shown in Audirvana. But will not show no matter how I sort the library. I can only find with a search and Ace Frehley is the only artist on this album.

I'll try 3.5 and see what happens...

spacer.png

spacer.png

3 hours ago, RafaPolit said:

Did you delete your own post?  

On AS, you can’t delete your posts, once the timeout on the editing applies. The OP or a request to admin can delete the post. Traditionally, if the post is submitted, and there’s still time to edit, and you’ve changed your mind totally, members write “deleted”.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Sonic77 said:

So where we at with this release? Are we close?

The beta is public, so probably the best thing is to take it for a spin and see how it works for you.

I believe you'll have to register on the forum community.audirvana.com to do this if you haven't already.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

5 hours ago, Jud said:

The beta is public, so probably the best thing is to take it for a spin and see how it works for you.

I believe you'll have to register on the forum community.audirvana.com to do this if you haven't already.

On the forum, I found this for installing the beta for Windows:

https://audirvana.com/delivery/windows/index.html

However when trying to install the app, nothing happens.

Any idea?

audio system

10 hours ago, bodiebill said:

Any idea?

No idea. Works for me.

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

5 hours ago, bodiebill said:

Windows Server 2019. Could that be it?

Same answer. 🙂

20 hours ago, bodiebill said:

Any idea?

You may have to set the permission in Windows to permit the sideloading of apps.  See https://www.windowscentral.com/how-enable-windows-10-sideload-apps-outside-store.

Also, can you even run apps on Windows Server 2019? (I thought the Microsoft Store was removed from the server software.)

mQa is dead!

1 hour ago, lucretius said:

You may have to set the permission in Windows to permit the sideloading of apps.  See https://www.windowscentral.com/how-enable-windows-10-sideload-apps-outside-store.

Also, can you even run apps on Windows Server 2019? (I thought the Microsoft Store was removed from the server software.)

Thanks. I tried that, at least the equivalent for Windows Server 2019, but still nothing happens when hitting the "Get the app" button.

Is there another way?

All other apps run well on Server 2019 so far. It is the version with desktop (so not the core version).

audio system

8 minutes ago, bodiebill said:

Thanks. I tried that, at least the equivalent for Windows Server 2019, but still nothing happens when hitting the "Get the app" button.

All other apps run well on Server 2019 so far. It is the version with desktop (so not the core version).

Anything on this page help?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/msix/app-installer/troubleshoot-appinstaller-issues

Also, try downloading the app first -- from here:

https://audirvana.com/delivery/windows/AudirvanaSetup.appinstaller

Then try installing by clicking on the file.

mQa is dead!

5 hours ago, bodiebill said:

Thanks again lucretius. Nothing seems to work. I keep getting the "Windows can't open this type of file (.appinstaller)" message. I did reset all the changes made by AO, but maybe some of these settings became permanent and sabotage this functionality?

If you’re running a possibly modified Win Server then yes, this could potentially be a problem. Can you install a clean Win 10 Pro (preferably) or Server and see if it works, or not?

7 hours ago, Jud said:

If you’re running a possibly modified Win Server then yes, this could potentially be a problem. Can you install a clean Win 10 Pro (preferably) or Server and see if it works, or not?

Thanks Jud, a bit reluctant now to reinstall as everything is running smoothly with HQPlayer upsampling to DSD512 into my GentooPlayer audio PC with the networkaudio daemon. So far, I could not make this work with with my current version of Audirvana into GentooPlayer with mpd/upmpdcli, so I was just wondering whether it would work with the new Audirvana version. I guess not, but I might try later when I find the time and energy.

audio system

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, lucretius said:

The old version for Windows (1.28 ?) has stopped working.  I still have the beta version 3.4.912.  Is this now out of beta? And is there a 3.5 version? 

lucretius--I also see your same posting on the community.audirvana website but I'll just comment here on this site for now. Here goes:

Wow, this is weird.

I installed beta 3.4.912 a few days ago from the download site. I'd been running beta 3.4.911. After reading your post I tried to open 1.3.8 and it opened but there was no Tidal, only local files. I closed it and then opened it again from the taskbar and it did its thing like it was upgrading to a new Audirvana version. I tried to see where this new program might be located but couldn't find it in any of the usual spots. So I opened up my taskbar link for 3.4.9.12 thinking maybe that's 3.5 but it still says it's 3.4.9.12 when I click the little gear. When I again clicked on my old 1.3.8 shortcut it said:

"Update to Audirvana 3.5 complete"

"Audirvana 3.5 is now installed. The old version can't be run anymore. Please uninstall it"

Er, huh?

Is Audirvana 3.5 installed? I don't want to uninstall anything yet as I'm just not sure what I have and don't want to lose my license and go through a bunch of nonsense. And when I go to Programs and Features it shows that there was an Audirvana Plus installed on 9 Sep 2019 (like, just a couple of hours ago--so OK that makes sense I guess....and it says, in Programs and Features that its version is 1.3.9.1068! No 3.5's showing anywhere).

This is most bizarre. If this is the final product, again, it's still saying it's 3.4.9.12 ( in the program itself) and the song and artist titles in the player are still cut off even when fully expanded like I complained about weeks ago.

damien--is what I described above actually the new final version Audirvana Plus 3.5 for WIndows? or if not, what Windows folder is 3.5 in?

3 hours ago, lucretius said:

The old version for Windows (1.28 ?) has stopped working.  I still have the beta version 3.4.912.  Is this now out of beta? And is there a 3.5 version? 

lucretius--read your post again on community site...did you go to programs and features to uninstall 1.3.8? If so, did your beta 3.4.912 (or whatever it is, maybe 3.5...) stay installed in your system? If it did, is there some version of Audirvana still in programs and features so that you, theoretically, could uninstall?