IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3 for Windows (Official Thread)

deleted (... forgot that it has to be VST3...)

Mac Mini, HQPlayer | iFi Zenstream | Intona 7055-B | Singxer SDA-6 pro | Vincent SV237 | Buchardt S400 | SPL Phonitor One | Beyer DT1990pro
Desktop: Audirvana Origin | Intona 7054 | SMSL M500MKII | NAD C 316BEE | Aperion Novus B5 Bookshelf | Lehmann Rhinelander | Beyer DT700proX

46 minutes ago, Sonic77 said:

I'm a total newbie to this vst plug in stuff,  can someone suggest a relatively simple EQ, that works with Audirvana Plus 3 for windows? Thanks

https://www.bluecataudio.com/Products/Product_TripleEQ/

Mac Mini, HQPlayer | iFi Zenstream | Intona 7055-B | Singxer SDA-6 pro | Vincent SV237 | Buchardt S400 | SPL Phonitor One | Beyer DT1990pro
Desktop: Audirvana Origin | Intona 7054 | SMSL M500MKII | NAD C 316BEE | Aperion Novus B5 Bookshelf | Lehmann Rhinelander | Beyer DT700proX

Hi, new here also to VST3s and A+ Win10.

Thanks for the EQ suggestions for A+ in previous postings per Sonic77's post!

I've installed one EQ VST3 in regular install-able (.exe) format--SonEQ and it shows up fine in A+. But if one has a VST3 plug-in in the form of a .dll (N6 from RAZ Audio-- file format is just "n6_v1.03.dll"),  where in the working path should this .dll be placed?

I know Audirvana+ installs itself, for some reason, in users/user/Appdata, etc.,  but there are a lot of file locations to choose from in that zone. Of course maybe A+ only allows for executable VST3 installs. Thanks for any help!

10 minutes ago, BobSmith8901 said:

Hi, new here also to VST3s and A+ Win10.

Thanks for the EQ suggestions for A+ in previous postings per Sonic77's post!

I've installed one EQ VST3 in regular install-able (.exe) format--SonEQ and it shows up fine in A+. But if one has a VST3 plug-in in the form of a .dll (N6 from RAZ Audio-- file format is just "n6_v1.03.dll"),  where in the working path should this .dll be placed?

I know Audirvana+ installs itself, for some reason, in users/user/Appdata, etc.,  but there are a lot of file locations to choose from in that zone. Of course maybe A+ only allows for executable VST3 installs. Thanks for any help!

Thank you and Jazzbass12 and copy of a, for your suggestions! I really appreciate your help.

34 minutes ago, lucretius said:

I installed the 64bit VST3 and I too could not get it to work.

Same here w/bluecataudio when I installed the BlueCatTripleEQVST3-x64Setup file.

When I select it from the  drop down menu in A+/VST3 plugins and go to configure it (select the stereo one) a  blank screen comes up with the heading "Setup VST plugin Blue Cat's Triple EQ 4 (Stereo) and at the bottom you can Save or cancel). There is nothing in the screen to select or config. Running Win 10 Home v1809.

On 12/27/2018 at 6:35 AM, Jazzbass12 said:

Damien has rectified the automatic deactivation of “Real-time Control” Of VSTs when using MQA and DSD.

A+ will update with new latest version when launching A+. It is working great now.

The plugins work well.  But now my problem is that A+ for Windows does not "remember" their position on the screen when the plugin is closed and reopened (even when this is done automatically).

@damien78, can this be fixed?

mQa is dead!

• 2 weeks later...

Thought i was in the A+ Mac thread 😀, should never post on friday night 😀

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

With Audirvana (last version for Windows) set to upsample to DSD256, when I play a DSD64 file, Audirvana still indicates, bottom right under the volume bar, DSD64 as output. And indeed the receiving audio pc (Linux with mpd and upmpdcli) also indicates that it receives DSD64.

PCM files upsample to DSD256 without problem.

How can I upsample DSD64 to DSD256?

audio system

2 hours ago, bodiebill said:

P S The above problem does not occur with the Audirvana macOS version

Then perhaps the UI on the Mac version is faulty, because I am pretty sure A+ doesn't upsample DSD.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Not just te GUI. Using the mac version the GentooPlayer renderer confirms to receive DSD256:

access: RW_INTERLEAVED
format: DSD_U32_BE
subformat: STD
channels: 2
rate: 352800 (352800/1)

Whereas using the Windows version it receives DSD64:

access: RW_INTERLEAVED
format: DSD_U32_BE
subformat: STD
channels: 2
rate: 88200 (88200/1)

So the GUI corresponds to the actual format sent/received.

Apart from that, I think upsampling DSD64 to higher rates is essential for software like this.

audio system

Well perhaps things have changed considerably on the Mac side since I began to use the Windows version.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.