IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3 for Windows (Official Thread)

6 hours ago, greyscale said:

Seems there is an update for the windoz version. Wish DP would let us know whats in the updates???

The changes for each version are on the Audirvana forum, Windows support area, Change Log topic.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

On 2/18/2019 at 1:03 PM, bodiebill said:

@damien78

Audirvana+ and JPLAY Femto is a great combination for PCM, but I did not succeed playing DSD with it so far.

On the JPLAY forum I see that is a known problem and that Marcin (JPLAY) has already contacted you about it.

Would be great if DSD would also work in this setup! 

I've replied to Marcin, giving him some hints on how to fix this.

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

I just updated the latest version (1.3.5 -1061) but then whenever I played music with upsampling to DSD256 or 512, an error message of "Audirvana Plus has exited unexpectedly. A miniDump file has been generated" pops up.

I never met such problem with all previous versions. So what could I do?

Thanks.

T+A DAC 8 DSD

Audirvana+ (i7-7700) DSD 512 upsampling

Can you first send me the mini dump file by email so I can analyse it?

Then, you can roll back to the previous version:
Open Windows control panel, Applications page.
Click to uninstall Audirvana Plus. In the popup that asks you to confirm, select to roll back to previous version instead of fully uninstalling.

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

23 hours ago, damien78 said:

Can you first send me the mini dump file by email so I can analyse it?

Then, you can roll back to the previous version:
Open Windows control panel, Applications page.
Click to uninstall Audirvana Plus. In the popup that asks you to confirm, select to roll back to previous version instead of fully uninstalling.

Email sent. Thanks a lot!

T+A DAC 8 DSD

• 2 weeks later...

I am a new Audirvana user and had a question re: streaming services.  If I search for an album and then click on it I am accustomed to that bringing up a track listing of all tracks on the album.  Currently If I want to view the tracks on an album I have to play the album and then go to the queue to see a listing of the tracks on that album.  Is there a more straightforward method that would enable me to see the tracks on the album directly without having to go to my playback queue?  I apologize if this is something that is obvious to most but I have tried fiddling around with settings with no success.  Thanks for any help>

Sure, what about clicking on the album vignette anywhere else than on the Favorite, Play, More menu buttons ?

I have downloaded the Windows version (Trial) on three different computers and each time I have the exact same issue (I have used the Mac version for years and never ran into this).  I start playing an album, then switch back to Library view.  If the first song is still playing, I can return to the Play Queue without a problem.  However, if any song after the first one is playing, the software crashes when I try to go back to the Play Queue.  First the music stutters for a few seconds, then the software closes down.

I am using Windows 10 with 16gb of RAM.  My music is stored on a NAS.  I have the same issue when using Qobuz.

I have searched this forum as well as the forum on Audirvana's website and I haven't found anything on this issue which is weird since it has happened on three of my computers. 

Thanks for your help.

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 9:57 AM, aaron8489 said:

I have downloaded the Windows version (Trial) on three different computers and each time I have the exact same issue (I have used the Mac version for years and never ran into this).  I start playing an album, then switch back to Library view.  If the first song is still playing, I can return to the Play Queue without a problem.  However, if any song after the first one is playing, the software crashes when I try to go back to the Play Queue.  First the music stutters for a few seconds, then the software closes down.

I am using Windows 10 with 16gb of RAM.  My music is stored on a NAS.  I have the same issue when using Qobuz.

I have searched this forum as well as the forum on Audirvana's website and I haven't found anything on this issue which is weird since it has happened on three of my computers. 

Thanks for your help.

Wild guess but sounds like your network. I'd put some music on your PC and try the above again to see if Audirvana works OK.

🎸🎶🏔️🐺

I thought of that since it seemed to be the only common denominator among the three computers.  However, I tried it with music on an external drive connected via USB and on the internal SSD.  Same thing happens.  This is very odd since the issue arises on three completely different computers, each using a different Windows 10 license.  Also, I have not seen this issue come up anywhere else on this forum or the Audirvana forum.  I'm pretty stumped!

Having a terrible time switching over to the Windows version.

I've installed Windows 10 on i7i5bnh nuc and canmot get my synology Nas shared folder to be read by the programme. Now have USB ext. drive as my music source.

USB out from nuc to matrix spdif 2 converting to XLR into Cambridge Audio 851d dac/pre amp into two Schiit Vidar power amp.

The Audirvana software tells me the Intel 'sound card' on the nuc is using the matrix as speakers - no pass through to the upscaling dac which is pumping out 88khz not 192!

Advice welcomed!

On 3/20/2019 at 4:42 PM, StuartsYoga said:

Having a terrible time switching over to the Windows version.

I've installed Windows 10 on i7i5bnh nuc and canmot get my synology Nas shared folder to be read by the programme. Now have USB ext. drive as my music source.

USB out from nuc to matrix spdif 2 converting to XLR into Cambridge Audio 851d dac/pre amp into two Schiit Vidar power amp.

The Audirvana software tells me the Intel 'sound card' on the nuc is using the matrix as speakers - no pass through to the upscaling dac which is pumping out 88khz not 192!

Advice welcomed!

All is right with the world! Well, almost. Progress is made on my new build nuc i7i5bnh. I have taken the matrix audio spdif 2 out of the chain and now have sound and upsampling usb direct to 851d. I have downloaded the vst version of Fabfilter pro3 eq, which I used (au) on my hackintosh, and this will open in A+. When I have more time I will paste my license in and get that running.

Now, I found the matrix spdif 2 improved my sound on my mac A+ and for mac users it simply displayed as the first link in the chain post USB cable and allowed through put to my CA dac via XLR. I cannot get this result for A+ for windows. I  have downloaded and installed Windows drivers and A+ sees the matrix as speakers. I  am hoping to get  sound through the matrix converter to be upsampled by my dad. Is this yet available? What am I missing Damien?

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, exdmd said:

Could we get some guidance on most common settings for SoX upsampling and how each setting affects sound quality so it is easier to tweak to preference?

I'm guessing the most common settings must be the default ones. People who have customized them are probably all over the map.

What each one does, I'll get into when I have more time, or someone else can take a stab at it.  Understand also that some of these settings may affect different systems differently.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Hi any help/suggestion for dual pc setup?

I am having A+ in an i7 computer, upsampling to DSD512 to my T+A dac8dsd.

Just bought a fanless mini pc as the audio-pc, with the plan to move the noisy i7 pc to another room as music server. I have tried with a number of uPnP renderer software but could manage to play DSD128 with foobar and Jriver only.

Have anyone tried an UPnP renderer that could work with A+ upsampling DSD512? Thanks!

T+A DAC 8 DSD

2 hours ago, tonileung said:

Hi any help/suggestion for dual pc setup?

I am having A+ in an i7 computer, upsampling to DSD512 to my T+A dac8dsd.

Just bought a fanless mini pc as the audio-pc, with the plan to move the noisy i7 pc to another room as music server. I have tried with a number of uPnP renderer software but could manage to play DSD128 with foobar and Jriver only.

Have anyone tried an UPnP renderer that could work with A+ upsampling DSD512? Thanks!

Replying myself... After playing around the settings, I could play DSD512 from A+ to Jriver.

T+A DAC 8 DSD