IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3 for Windows (Official Thread)

6 hours ago, zkeller said:

How do you select tracks in Windows?

It is the same as Jud described above.  You can bring up the queue to look at it by clicking on the 3 lines beside the speaker icon at the bottom right hand corner (it should also indicate the number of songs in the queue). If there was no song playing, then simply click on the Play button (bottom middle).

mQa is dead!

On 12/17/2018 at 8:40 PM, lucretius said:

I disabled a couple of virtual network adapters created by VMware Workstation.  Now, the Marantz NA6005 is discoverable by Audirvana Plus for Windows.  I will need to test further. 

However, this behavior is not optimal...

Good morning friends, first post here.

Well, it's 6 months after this post, and the issue still persists.  Thank good I actually found this post, because not only this is still happening, it is not documented anywhere!  At least add it to the 'FAQ' so we don't have to spend 2 days searching for it.

Is there a solution expected soon?  I am not paying $75 to have to disable my Virtual Machines just to listen to music.  Again, W10 is the host system and does not recognize the UPnP until I disable the Virtual bridge.

Have there been any people with better solutions? Thanks.

Hi RafaPolit

Welcome to the forum.

How certain are you that the UPnP device discovery issue isn't a Windows and/or virtual machine problem, rather than a problem with Audirvana Plus?

For example, does your UPnP renderer appear in the Windows File Explorer (or any other application with a UPnP control point on the same machine as Audirvana Plus, for that matter) as Media Device on the Network or in its Cast To Device list, with the virtual bridge enabled?

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

29 minutes ago, Cebolla said:

does your UPnP renderer appear in the Windows File Explorer (or any other application with a UPnP control point on the same machine as Audirvana Plus

Yes. I can enable the JRiver Media Center DLNA/UPnP server, with the VMware virtual network adapters enabled, and it works fine - I can see my streamer (which is now a Marantz NA6006). 

Actually, I thought @damien78 was working on this issue.  ???

mQa is dead!

That is a good question.  I am an App Developer, so I tend to just do that troubleshooting myself and then just report the 'final' issue, but its good to point out to others.

So, the scenario is

When the VM Bridge is turned on:

- Yes, local firewall has the Media 1900 ports enabled

- Yes, the machine shows in windows explorer as both a Media Device and a Media Server

- No, Audirvana does not see the device

When the VM Bridge is disabled:

- Yes, local firewall has the Media 1900 ports enabled

- Yes, the machine shows in windows explorer as both a Media Device and a Media Server

- Yes, Audirvana does see the device

What other troubleshooting could I go through to ensure it's just an Audirvana issue?

Thanks in advance.

I don't know if this question has been asked before but here goes: if one has a DAC capable of supporting native DSD 512 tracks, will my Audirvana Plus 3 for Windows software player have any problem playing them? The reason I ask is that nativedsd.com is offering a sampler that consists of some DSD 512 tracks that are all pure DSD created and are not up samplings, but re-modulations of the original DSD 256. Just thought it would be a kick to see how these tracks sound. Thanks for any thoughts.

18 hours ago, BobSmith8901 said:

I don't know if this question has been asked before but here goes: if one has a DAC capable of supporting native DSD 512 tracks, will my Audirvana Plus 3 for Windows software player have any problem playing them? The reason I ask is that nativedsd.com is offering a sampler that consists of some DSD 512 tracks that are all pure DSD created and are not up samplings, but re-modulations of the original DSD 256. Just thought it would be a kick to see how these tracks sound. Thanks for any thoughts.

Yep, it works. The download file for the sampler (of 17 minutes of music)  was 4.1GB and took a while to download. In fact it took a while to inflate from the zip file on a pretty fast Corei7 w/16GB RAM. A five minute file clocks in at 1.6GB file size!

The DAC in question is just a Topping NX4 DSD portable Amp/DAC that I recently purchased. In Audirvana settings I have to choose ASIO to get the full ability to play all of the DSD rates above 64 (128, 256 and 512). It plays all of the files on the sampler fine and it does sound good, but I'm sure I could never tell the difference between 512 and the lower rates, maybe DSD64, but probably not even that. At least on this system.

Well, to pile on the problems, now my Audirvana, which had a valid trial period till the 30th of May, now says: no valid license available!  I can only either enter a license or buy it now.

No way to still use the trial one I had working on my computer.

Support is not answering the support questions.  Do you figure that, after paying $75 (which in current standards is on the expensive side) things will be the same and I will get no support and have the key invalidated every few days?

Utterly unhappy with the product.  I was looking forward as it is the only UPnP solution that will do first unfold of MQA, but I'm not sure it's worth the troubles.

Anyone knows of a way to still use my valid and ongoing trial period?  If I have to wait 10 days for support to answer, my trial period would have been over before I even was able to try it at all.

Thanks for any insight, best regards,

Rafa.

PS: Incidentally, I downloaded the trial version on the 15th, and the expiry date was set to the 30th, which is 15 days, and not the 30 days trial period that the web page claims.  So I am having the vibe of less-than-professional all over the place.  Am I alone?

On 5/19/2019 at 12:14 PM, RafaPolit said:

Well, to pile on the problems, now my Audirvana, which had a valid trial period till the 30th of May, now says: no valid license available!  I can only either enter a license or buy it now.

No way to still use the trial one I had working on my computer.

Support is not answering the support questions.  Do you figure that, after paying $75 (which in current standards is on the expensive side) things will be the same and I will get no support and have the key invalidated every few days?

Utterly unhappy with the product.  I was looking forward as it is the only UPnP solution that will do first unfold of MQA, but I'm not sure it's worth the troubles.

Anyone knows of a way to still use my valid and ongoing trial period?  If I have to wait 10 days for support to answer, my trial period would have been over before I even was able to try it at all.

Thanks for any insight, best regards,

Rafa.

PS: Incidentally, I downloaded the trial version on the 15th, and the expiry date was set to the 30th, which is 15 days, and not the 30 days trial period that the web page claims.  So I am having the vibe of less-than-professional all over the place.  Am I alone?

I had this problem when I was doing the trial and when I purchased the product.  If you activate Audirvana Plus in different user accounts on the same computer, this will happen. The solution is: uninstall in all user accounts, reinstall in one user account and activate, then if you need to use it in other Windows accounts, copy the userspace (    %user%\appdata\Audirvana) from the activated account to the new account. Whatever you do, do not "reactivate" it in another account.

@damien78 solved this problem for me.  If you need his help, you can also leave a message here https://audirvana.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=11&sid=06435b9f03d124d2e762f6b41baf0844.

mQa is dead!

Thanks, but I only have a single user account on my machine.  Maybe its reading as hardware changing due to updates or the ever changing Network Devices that I have to enable-disable?

I'll have already posted in there both my issues, one in a previous post, the other alone asking for help.   No reply at all, not from the forums, not from support.  I even attempted the FB channel :( .  They seem unreachable.

Usually it wouldn't be a problem, but now I have wasted 7 days of my trial period without being able to use the software at all :( .

Thanks a lot for the help.

Rafa.

I have now fully functional Audirvana in windows sending UPnP audio to my RPis running Moode 5.2, one with an Allo Digi One, the other with Chord Qutest via USB.

It works.  Sounds great.  I'm annoyed that I have to disable the network bridge.  But, I have learned since that every major version is payed, so I pay now $75, and another when / if a new version comes along.  Also, have not heard back from any of the official channels, had it not been for Lucretius here, I would not have had a working Audirvana at all!  Read here: I would not have been able to even launch the software (and I'm a web / app developer, not a dumb user by any means!)

So, with that, plus the $10 of the remote app that would be required not to depend on the computer... I have downloaded a Roon trial... everything just works! Sublimely! I can broadcast to the entire house, I can configure DSP (headphone crosstalk), I can display play info on my Chromecasts or even access via browser in the RPi with included display.  Yearly subscription, and free apps on the iOS store.

It costs almost the same, specially if Audirvana brings a new version every year.  Support is years ahead, looks and integration as well.  Industry support and communities are also easier to find.

Finding it really hard to justify Audirvana.

Anything I'm missing?  Thanks,

Rafa.

RafaPolit has a good point in questioning the justification of Audirvana.  I've been going back and forth between Audirvana (Mac version), JRiver and Roon for a few years now.  Of the three, Roon has the most to offer in all of the ways that Rafa mentions.  My problem with Roon is how it changes my metadata for presentation in the app (fortunately it does not change what is on my database).  There are ways to force Roon to use my metadata, but it does not always work.  This is particularly true on classical music and operas.  Roon is also a resource hog, I believe primarily since it relies so much on internet based metadata.

Audirvana certainly does not have the bells and whistles that Roon has, but it works for the most part (again, referring to the Mac version).  For what it's worth, I have only had to pay for the upgrade to 3+ (around $30) since I began using Audirvana over three years ago.

53 minutes ago, RafaPolit said:

I have now fully functional Audirvana in windows sending UPnP audio to my RPis running Moode 5.2, one with an Allo Digi One, the other with Chord Qutest via USB.

It works.  Sounds great.  I'm annoyed that I have to disable the network bridge.  But, I have learned since that every major version is payed, so I pay now $75, and another when / if a new version comes along.  Also, have not heard back from any of the official channels, had it not been for Lucretius here, I would not have had a working Audirvana at all!  Read here: I would not have been able to even launch the software (and I'm a web / app developer, not a dumb user by any means!)

So, with that, plus the $10 of the remote app that would be required not to depend on the computer... I have downloaded a Roon trial... everything just works! Sublimely! I can broadcast to the entire house, I can configure DSP (headphone crosstalk), I can display play info on my Chromecasts or even access via browser in the RPi with included display.  Yearly subscription, and free apps on the iOS store.

It costs almost the same, specially if Audirvana brings a new version every year.  Support is years ahead, looks and integration as well.  Industry support and communities are also easier to find.

Finding it really hard to justify Audirvana.

Anything I'm missing?  Thanks,

Rafa.

Certainly if you have a strong preference, no one here would want to dissuade you.

I happen to prefer the sound of Audirvana, and that's what is most important to me. But I am also probably a little different than the usual consumer in a couple of respects: (1) I prefer a simpler UI, with content organized in accordance with my personal preferences, and Audirvana provides that for me; (2) I already have a lot of the "backstory" knowledge regarding artists and albums that is a big part of Roon's value proposition.

This is all personal preference, and may not be true for you.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

On 5/21/2019 at 11:41 AM, RafaPolit said:

No reply at all, not from the forums, not from support.

@damien78 hasn't been active for almost 1 week.  Perhaps he is away due to vacation, the requirements of his day job, or family obligations? (It's pretty much a one-man show.) I hope Damien is well!

mQa is dead!

20 hours ago, lucretius said:

You use your admin account for every day use?

Shhhh... don't tell people that! What's the matter with you? 😛 :)  Yeah... since I need to install so many things and control VMs and change adapters and audio cards... yeah, I just use a single admin account.  Yeah, I know, not the best practice at all.

13 minutes ago, Jud said:

I send the Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC DSD512 on Windows, DSD256 on the Mac, via a microRendu with the following upsampling settings:

Bandwidth 99.5% Nyquist

Max Length 100

Anti-aliasing 100%

Phase 100 (linear)

Modulator C

Volume reduction -3 dB

Thanks.  Where are the "Modulator C" and Volume reduction settings in Audirvana Plus for Windows? 

mQa is dead!

They appear if you choose upsampling to DSD in "Forced upsampling type."

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Hi to all.  New user first post.

I installed the trial version of Audirvana for Windows yesterday and I'm having a few issues. 

First, only 49 of my album 'Favorites' from Qobuz are showing... I have hundreds of albums flagged as Favorites and displaying in the Qobuz app.  Any ideas of why the rest of my album favorites are not showing on the Audirvana Qobuz/Favorites/Album screen?

Second, the response of the application is generally very slow.  I'm running a fast PC with plenty  of memory, but as I scroll down through my local library there is a lot of hesitation between keypresses and the refresh of the screen.  Also true for many other selection activities.  I do notice that even after 24 hours, the syncing/scanning of my local library is still showing at the top of the screen.  Is this normal? 

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Gregg

Yesterday I re-flashed my Amanero board with the new firmware 2006be10 (CPLD_1081_DSDSWAPPED) and this is the first time ever I am able to play DSD512 under Linux with my Lampizator hybrid B7/Lite, using HQPlayer on my Windows control PC and Gentoo Linux on my audio PC.

However, trying to do the same with Audirvana+ for Windows (sending the stream to mpd via upmpdcli), there is only noise.

In both cases the Linux command cat /proc/asound/card0/pcm0p/sub0/hw_params gives:

access: RW_INTERLEAVED
format: DSD_U32_BE
subformat: STD
channels: 2
rate: 705600 (705600/1)
period_size: 32768
buffer_size: 131072

Any idea why?

audio system