IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3 for Windows (Official Thread)

On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 9:14 AM, bodiebill said:

@damien78 Are there any plans to add support for wv (wavpack)? As some of us use wavpack to pack dsd files, this would be very welcome!

May I ask you what is the use case for this instead of using standard DSF or DSDIFF ?

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 3:44 PM, hykhleif said:

as more and more time passes by I keep appreciating audirvana more and more

wishlist:

1- ability to eq

2- crossfeed

Working now on VST3 plugins hosting so you can use the ones you want for these digital signal processing tasks

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

1 hour ago, damien78 said:

Working now on VST3 plugins hosting so you can use the ones you want for these digital signal processing tasks

cool!

Also on Mac... or on Mac only AU plugins?

Mac Mini, HQPlayer | iFi Zenstream (NAA) | Intona 7055-B | Singxer SDA-6 pro | Vincent SV237 | Buchardt S400 | SPL Phonitor One | Beyer DT1990pro | Avantone Pro Planar II
Desktop: Audirvana Origin | Intona 7054 | SMSL M500MKII | Pro-Ject Stereo Box S | Aperion Novus B5 Bookshelf | Lehmann Rhinelander | Beyer DT700proX

14 hours ago, rando said:

I see the point of having little players reading compressed DST DSDIFF files. Audirvana Plus already does read them.

I'll eventually look at implementing this though I can't give any date. Won't be in 2018...

@damien78 has anyone reported truncated Qobuz playlist?  I have a playlist that has 180 or so songs and I am not seeing all the tracks when I compare to the list displayed by Auidrvana and Qobuz Desktop on the same system.  At the top it does say there are 180 tracks.

Anyone else seeing the same thing?

Edit: Did some further digging and it seems that only the first 100 songs are played and only about 80 odd are displayed.

I had a minor bug with Audirvana+ 1.2.11 (1051) licensed on Win 10 refusing to go to full screen display using the icons at top right. Discovered by trial and error that double clicking at top center just right of the search window would toggle full screen mode on and off.

Hi,

I installed the Audirvana for Windows but it takes a long time to load my library.
After hours loading it plays everything correctly, however I'm having trouble managing it with A + Remote.

I can pair the software with A + Remote but when I click in Library the application does not leave Loading.I cant not select any of my albuns and artists.

Can someone help me?

1 hour ago, Jazzbass12 said:

Hi,

Newbie here to High Res audio and using A+. I am using a Dragonfly Red with Surface Book2. 

Is there any advantage/disadvantage to upsampling  EX: 16x44 FLAC? I set mine to "Device Maximum Frequency".

Thanks

I think the answer is to try it and see whether you like your Dragonfly's entire internal upsampling chain better, or allowing A+ to do the initial upsampling to the Red's maximum input frequency, then having the Dragonfly's internal upsampling take it the rest of the way.  We all have our own impressions, but have a listen and see which you personally prefer.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Hi-Wondering if anyone has any suggestions. I have installed a trial version of Audirvana + for Windows 10 and really enjoy it except for one niggling issue that I think simply has to do with not having a very robust platform. It concerns early dropouts when playing Tidal MQA files.

My Win10 system is a Mini-PC

Intel N3450 CPU w/8Gb RAM

HD is a 64Gb eMMC

Internet is basic DSL 5mbps

System WiFI is internal 150mbps or USB 300mbps antenna

While fairly under powered compared to the typical Windows 10 PC, it runs the Tidal desktop app quite well and since Tidal updated their Windows app some 6-8 months ago, will play all the various sampling rates of MQA without issue, no dropouts or hiccups.

Problem is this:

Trial version of Audirvana + Win10-- on Tidal MQA files I'm generally getting 5-6 early play dropouts, as it seems the player is pre-downloading the song as the tune progresses but gets some sort of overwhelmed buffer. On non-MQA Tidal HiFi this never happens. It seems that the amount of musical information that is downloading at the beginning of an MQA  overwhelms my system.

I've tried adjusting the memory allocation in low level playback options--ie, I'll minimize it, put it in the middle or max out but no change. WASAPI I/O buffer on or off--same; WASAPI or ASIO--same. Same thing whether or not I am using just the internal mini-PC DAC (max 192khz) , Meridian Explorer 2 DAC w/full hardware decode or my FiiO Q1 Mk2 in DAC mode. Doesn't matter if I'm using the internal 150mbps WiFi or USB 300mbps WiFi card w/ antenna.

Interestingly, it doesn't do this with every MQA file--sometimes it plays even the most musically dense 192khz MQA no problem. Seems like the PC through some internal process, sometimes has the buffer space to properly play a given MQA. I would say it does dropouts 75% of the time on MQA.

I have no experience with this software so any advice would be appreciated. Unfortunately I don't have another Win10 PC with a little more under the hood to test things out. My gut feeling is that, at least in its current iteration, Audirvana +, at least in the MQA area, may be a bit much for this PC. Like I said though, otherwise, non-MQA Tidal, DSD and all sundry local file types play flawlessly in A+, just those MQA's are a problem. Thanks for any help!

11 hours ago, BobSmith8901 said:

Hi-Wondering if anyone has any suggestions. I have installed a trial version of Audirvana + for Windows 10 and really enjoy it except for one niggling issue that I think simply has to do with not having a very robust platform. It concerns early dropouts when playing Tidal MQA files...

regarding my post, it may be more accurate to say that the problem tracks pause; it's not really a drop out. It's like the song pauses very briefly (you can see the blue track bar stop) and then continues. It will do this about 4-6 times, then play the song through without problems..

11 hours ago, BobSmith8901 said:

Hello,

i'm a it administrator and i want to test the A+ Software at a Windows 10 64bit

I have .Net 4.7.1 installed, i deactivaed the security settings and i have admin rights, but i the installation is blocked all the time.

The Installer tries to install the c++ "14" runtime librarys

Best Regards,

Dominik

Hello,

I Test A + software on Windows 10 64bit. I have thousands of CDs cataloged in HDD with the program WhereIsIt. I run them in this program, through Windows Explorer + JRiver. Will Audirvana be able to run the file from Windows Explorer 'create with'?

Best Regards

Mirek

On 11/26/2018 at 12:48 AM, BobSmith8901 said:

regarding my post, it may be more accurate to say that the problem tracks pause; it's not really a drop out. It's like the song pauses very briefly (you can see the blue track bar stop) and then continues. It will do this about 4-6 times, then play the song through without problems..

Update: Well, figured this thing out to some extent. When playing MQA stuff, regardless of its sampling rate, as long as I don't zing around, perpetually going from one song to the next, it plays without pauses/dropouts. IOW if I choose a playlist or album and just let it play uninterrupted and don't fast forward, it will play smoothly and without any hiccups. The first MQA song of the session will pause once or twice but after that it's smooth sailing, even in a long session of several songs. I guess it's just a limitation of the system as a whole, CPU/RAM/bus speed/bandwidth, etc.

5 hours ago, _JL_ said:

Any chance Deezer can be supported?

Sure. The current issue comes from Deezer that is not willing to open access to anything other than hardware players.

Don't hesitate to tell Deezer their HiFi offer will benefit from being played from Audirvana Plus. In addition, it won't ask them any work to do it, all the integration work is on my side. And I estimate it to be a single week task.

There are two threads that have been initiated by some users on Deezer suggestions forum. Don't hesitate to vote for the Audirvana Plus integration, and be vocal there:

In English: https://en.deezercommunity.com/got-an-idea-9/audirvana-integration-with-deezer-hifi-11916

In French: https://fr.deezercommunity.com/une-suggestion-21/deezer-et-audirvana-plus-16366