IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3 for Windows (Official Thread)

5 hours ago, bodiebill said:

Yesterday I re-flashed my Amanero board with the new firmware 2006be10 (CPLD_1081_DSDSWAPPED) and this is the first time ever I am able to play DSD512 under Linux with my Lampizator hybrid B7/Lite, using HQPlayer on my Windows control PC and Gentoo Linux on my audio PC.

However, trying to do the same with Audirvana+ for Windows (sending the stream to mpd via upmpdcli), there is only noise.

In both cases the Linux command cat /proc/asound/card0/pcm0p/sub0/hw_params gives:

access: RW_INTERLEAVED
format: DSD_U32_BE
subformat: STD
channels: 2
rate: 705600 (705600/1)
period_size: 32768
buffer_size: 131072

Any idea why?

Take this with a grain of salt as I don't have a system of near your complexity. I recently purchased a Topping NX4 DSD amp/DAC and downloaded a DSD 512 sampler and experienced something like you have. With the Topping connected correctly and the driver setup as ASIO in Audirvana I also got just noise when I played the DSD 512. I then checked out all of my other lower bitrate DSD material and same thing, just noise. The Topping played all other types fine, FLAC, MP3, Tidal, etc. I thought the DAC was defective. I went into the Topping's control panel in the system tray and went into volume and it was just below max. When I maxed it out all DSD played clearly. If there's something similar in your setup make sure the volume is maxed out and see if that helps..

So, I have been banned from the Audirvana forum.

I mentioned that I am unhappy that my support issues were never answered, that my problems where solved by helpful members of other forums, and that Audirvana support was lacking.

Another member voiced the same complaint and asked for alternatives, I conveyed my experience trying out Roon and said I thought the price difference wasn't much, but that the offered functionality was much broader.

So, the "obvious" approach (from my point of view) would have been to promptly solve my issues, help me get back on track with Audirvana and prove me wrong.

What was Damien's actual approach?  Delete the thread, wipe out any notion of my problems and ban me from the forum.

Of course, it makes sense, why help peolple with their issues, if you can delete the problems and make it look to others that no one is having problems!

Luckily this happened before giving out my money to them.  My Roon trial ends tomorrow, and I will be renewing.

My suggestion: avoid Audirvana as you would the plague in the Middle Ages!  That type of attitude is why I do open source software.  Paid software can be great, but you are the mercy of the developers, which on this case is rude and money-hungry instead of customer oriented.

I thank you guys here as you were much better support than the people making money out of this software,  you should be paid, not him.

best,

Rafa.

10 minutes ago, RafaPolit said:

I mentioned that I am unhappy that my support issues were never answered, that my problems where solved by helpful members of other forums, and that Audirvana support was lacking.

Another member voiced the same complaint and asked for alternatives, I conveyed my experience trying out Roon and said I thought the price difference wasn't much, but that the offered functionality was much broader.

So, the "obvious" approach (from my point of view) would have been to promptly solve my issues, help me get back on track with Audirvana and prove me wrong.

What was Damien's actual approach?  Delete the thread, wipe out any notion of my problems and ban me from the forum.

Of course, it makes sense, why help peolple with their issues, if you can delete the problems and make it look to others that no one is having problems!

Luckily this happened before giving out my money to them.  My Roon trial ends tomorrow, and I will be renewing.

My suggestion: avoid Audirvana as you would the plague in the Middle Ages!  That type of attitude is why I do open source software.  Paid software can be great, but you are the mercy of the developers, which on this case is rude and money-hungry instead of customer oriented.

I thank you guys here as you were much better support than the people making money out of this software,  you should be paid, not him.

best,

Rafa.

I can't be seen with you ☺️

mQa is dead!

1 hour ago, RafaPolit said:

Sorry that was your experience.  Banning from the Audirvana forum must be quite unusual, as yours is the first instance I've heard of.

By the way, did you know Audirvana was open source until someone ripped off Damien's intellectual property and he had to close the source in self defense?  He also participated in other open source projects prior to Audirvana, so that is the ethic he comes from.  (Open source is not necessarily no cost - people do charge for it and even make businesses from it, like Red Hat, or now IBM.)

I have personally found the developer to be the opposite of your description, but given that this was not your experience, I wish you enjoyment of Roon and whatever other music software you choose to use.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

My bitterness comes precisely from the issue that I always said: "this is my issue, please help me fix it...", things didn't happen, no support came so: "... no one is helping, I hope this is an isolated problem, and an isolated support unresponsiveness, because everyone speaks so highly of you...", but no support ever came.

Damien is very happy answering questions about roadmaps and future versions (which will mean more money) and decided to spend 0 time with my two support issues through their 'official' channel and through the support forum.

Just so you see the tone with which I approached the issue:
https://audirvana.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2331

https://audirvana.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2103#p9232

The 'offending' issue was not even mine, I was replying to someone complaining about issues being forever unresolved why spending time in putting out a very handsome new webpage to entice new users and neglecting current customers (this was NOT my complaint!).  Someone said they felt the same way and asked for alternatives to Audirvana, since his issues were unresolved as well.  I stated an alternative, and got banned for it.

You make up your own mind about if this follows your impressions of him.  I have trouble believing I'm the first person banned from the forums.  By the way, I had to spend three days for someone to manually approve my forum subscription, so my experience tells me that when someone puts every new member go through a manual approval,  they are very 'ban' prone.

Again, I'm happy your experience is so different than mine, but you can read for yourself how I approached the issue and how I was treated.  I'm not paying money to anyone with that attitude.

Rafa.

27 minutes ago, RafaPolit said:

Again, I'm happy your experience is so different than mine, but you can read for yourself how I approached the issue and how I was treated.

Well, perhaps I should not respond since this isn't strictly Audirvana discussion, and therefore I won't reply further after this.

I looked at the links you provided, and speaking only for myself, not Damien or anyone else, my understanding of what I read is you asked that the problem you were experiencing (not being able to use UPnP with Audirvana when running 10 virtual machines on the same computer) be resolved by the end of your trial period (I believe about 1 week away at the time you wrote) or you would not purchase the program.  You also referred to the fact that you had found a workaround for the problem on another forum (this one?), but it wasn't clear to me whether the workaround you mentioned was turning off the virtual machines (which wasn't satisfactory for you, since you are a developer), or something else.  You also went on to speculate about how this potentially might portend other bad experiences with Audirvana after purchase.

I am glad you found other software that works for your situation.

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

18 minutes ago, greyscale said:

Windows Ver.1.3.7. When launched, a minidump file is being generated. What is causing this behavior?

That usually means a crash, but does Audirvana run afterward?

Some process involved in the startup must be crashing, I'm supposing, but I'm no expert - maybe someone else can confirm or provide another explanation.

If it becomes really bothersome then I'd suggest reinstalling, but as long as it's working....

6 hours ago, RafaPolit said:

best,

Rafa.

Rafa, good on you!

I am happy to report that I deleted Audirvana for Windows thankfully prior to buying the thing. Glitch after glitch, problem after problem. 

I had been delighted with the mac version and am frankly appalled that it is legal to charge good money for what is clearly an unfinished unreliable product.

I researched alternatives in bit perfect pc software, jplay, roon, hqplayer, etc and settled on jriver 25. Running that with Fabfilter pro eq  and matrix xspdif 2 into my dac I am delighted.

I have one suggestion for Mr. Plisson, take this product off sale get it working glitch free like the mac package or seek gainful employment. You are responsible for dragging your own reputation through the mire. On your own head be it.

I personally always found the interface for jriver unintuitive, but many people like it a lot. And I prefer the sound of Audirvana.  Different strokes....

15 hours ago, Jud said:

I personally always found the interface for jriver unintuitive, but many people like it a lot. And I prefer the sound of Audirvana.  Different strokes....

With respect to JRiver Media Center, setting up a DNLA server is too complex. The menu structure for setting things up is far more complex than it needs to be. There are too many options (some people like this).  There is an option to use SoX upsampling but it is not configurable.  With the quadrillion setting options available, it's a mystery why the developers did not include and are not planning to include configuration options for SoX. Nonetheless, once you have everything setup, it's just as easy to use as Audirvana Plus for Windows. And it's rock solid, support is better, and the price is more reasonable.

Audirvana Plus for WIndows is an interesting project with a lot of potential. But the software hasn't yet reached an acceptable level of maturity yet but I think it will get there. (However, it's leaps and bounds ahead of Amarra Luxe for Windows.) Holding up progress is the fact that a major version was recently released for the mac and resources are stretched.

Like A+, Roon has an intuitive user interface (the latter has more views). Roon has configurable upsampling (I don't know if it is SoX), direct output to HQPlayer (if needed), and support is good. There is no support for DNLA/UPnP or VST addons like A+ or JRiver. And Roon is a pricey option.

mQa is dead!

• 3 weeks later...

Just received this email from Audirvana:

Coming soon:
Update 3.5 for Win­dows 10
From now on, macOS and Windows 10 Audirv­ana versions converge : they will both offer the same featur­es, user interface and will be updated simultaneously.
Therefore, the next Audirvana update for Windows 10 is the 3.5 as the cu­rrent macOS version. It is a free update and contains all the features already available on macOS su­ch as an in-app volu­me control option, replay gain control and album cover scali­ng

12 hours ago, tims said:

Just received this email from Audirvana:

Coming soon:
Update 3.5 for Win­dows 10

From now on, macOS and Windows 10 Audirv­ana versions converge : they will both offer the same featur­es, user interface and will be updated simultaneously.

Therefore, the next Audirvana update for Windows 10 is the 3.5 as the cu­rrent macOS version. It is a free update and contains all the features already available on macOS su­ch as an in-app volu­me control option, replay gain control and album cover scali­ng

I'm not familiar with the macOS version of Audirvana.  Prior to this announcement above, did the macOS version of Audirvana have more features/specs than Audirvana for Windows?

On 6/22/2019 at 3:05 PM, tims said:

I'm not familiar with the macOS version of Audirvana.  Prior to this announcement above, did the macOS version of Audirvana have more features/specs than Audirvana for Windows?

Yes , the macOS version has more features than the Windows version.  The former is a somewhat mature product, while the latter is relatively new.  Once Audirvana 3.5 for Windows comes out, they should be the same for both operating systems.

mQa is dead!

23 minutes ago, bodiebill said:

I have licenses for both mac and Windows and installed the last versions on both platforms.

On the mac the new version is black and called Audirvana.

On the Windows PC the new version is blue and called Audirvana Plus.

Is that correct or am I doing something wrong?

It’s correct as of right now. The versions for both OSs are planned to be standardized on the one used now for Mac. Once that happens, future updates should also be pretty well synchronized as I understand it.

• 2 weeks later...

This is driving me nuts and is only an issue with Audirvana. I have zero issues in other music library software.

No matter what I do, I cannot get Audirvana to see some artists. I can search and their music will show by artist, album etc. But none of their music can be found by just browsing alphabetically in library view. I have changed the sorts, deleted the library and did a re-scan etc. Nothing. And comparing  music I can see correctly in the library view looks in the tags, I see it is identical except with a different artist.

Attached are screens of the artist Aimee Mann and how the tags look in Audirvana. 

Why will this artist and others not appear in the library view?

spacer.png

spacer.png

27 minutes ago, Screwdriver said:

This is driving me nuts and is only an issue with Audirvana. I have zero issues in other music library software.

No matter what I do, I cannot get Audirvana to see some artists. I can search and their music will show by artist, album etc. But none of their music can be found by just browsing alphabetically in library view. I have changed the sorts, deleted the library and did a re-scan etc. Nothing.

Attached are screens of the artist Aimee Mann and how the tags look in Audirvana. 

Why will this artist and others not appear in the library view?

spacer.png

spacer.png

Happen to love Aimee Mann, so thanks.

Guesses as to possibilities:

- Does the metadata for this album list more than one artist?

- Are you sorting the library by Artist or Album Artist?

31 minutes ago, Jud said:

Artist, Album Artist....does not matter. And the only Aimee Mann album with multiple artists is Magnolia and in one of my screens you can see the three versions with the different artists etc. Tags are clean and I run everything through Musicbrainz after a rip. In fact I added another artist earlier and had no issues. This is a random thing and if you look at my older posts, I had other issues like this.

I have a few other Music Library programs like Music Bee, and JRiver 24 and both see and sort perfectly.

45 minutes ago, Jud said:

Looking at JRiver 24 which I have not used in awhile shows many missing artists that Audirvana does not show. Looking at the tags, I cannot see what would cause this. BTW, I am a database admin and do field compares for conversions for an insurance client management software. I take databases from companies that want to merge with our software and match/edit fields so the conversion is successful.

Attached are screens from JRiver and Audirvana. You can see missing artists like Ace Frehley and Aretha Franklin. Both of which show up in a search, but not in any view I choose in the library.spacer.png

spacer.png

Here is a search for "Ace Frehley". He shows up in a search under "artists", but is not listed in the library when "album artist" is chosen. Tags are in line with artist that do show in the library. So the only way I can find Ace Frehley is through a search as he is nowhere in the library view.

spacer.png

I am getting ready to dump Audirvana.....just not worth the hassle anymore.