IGNORED

Article: Introducing Superphonica

46 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

I was interested until I saw that Paypal is (essentially) required for individuals...

https://www.law360.com/articles/10991/paypal-settles-28-state-probes-federal-suit

I would not touch Paypal with a 10 ft. pole.

There is no requirement to use PayPal. Perhaps we errantly stated that somewhere?

Our tight integration with Escrow is a great alternative. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Very nice Chris. My closet is getting full, your new site came just in time. My previous clearance sales have been on HeadFi, and using that very busy forum was a bit of a headache, although my smaller items will probably do better there.

Registered without incident. Looking forward to taking some pictures this weekend.

Thanks, and good luck!

[Home Digital] MSB Premier DAC > Modright LS300 > Atma-Sphere "Class D" Monoblocks > Daedalus Audio Muse Studio Speakers

[Home Analog] Technics SL-1200G > Boulder 508 (Benz Glider SL)

[Office] Laptop > Kitsune R2R lvl3 > Violectric V281 > Meze Liric / Meze Elite

[Travel] Laptop/iPad -> Focal Bathys

1 hour ago, Bones13 said:

Very nice Chris. My closet is getting full, your new site came just in time. My previous clearance sales have been on HeadFi, and using that very busy forum was a bit of a headache, although my smaller items will probably do better there.

Registered without incident. Looking forward to taking some pictures this weekend.

Thanks, and good luck!

Hi bones - thanks so much. I encourage you to list even your smaller items. You have zero risk (no cost to list) and the fee to sell would be insignificant (1%). 

Thanks again. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Hi @The Computer Audiophile, this web marketplace is a good idea. I wish it all the success.

I would like to suggest that you provide an option for searching in a particular region or worldwide. Imports into the E.U. are heavily taxed and searching for local offers would save a lot of time. For me not having Region in the filtering option is a deal breaker.

R

"Science draws the wave, poetry fills it with water" Teixeira de Pascoaes

HQPlayer Desktop / Mac mini → Intona 7054 → RME ADI-2 DAC FS (DSD256)

9 minutes ago, Tintinabulum said:

Does that mean either paypal or escrow?, something wrong with cash? All these limitations, either/ors, all have costs and charges which all add up and profit the monopoly suppliers. Options reduced, pockets filled. I find this menacing and grabby. I'm getting a bit and grumpy though...

Hi Tintinabulum - No worries about getting . a bit grumpy :~)

Currently we support PayPal or Escrow for private sellers. if you purchase from a dealer or manufacturer who are in our Premium program, then we are totally cool with them accepting cash, wire transfer or whatever. 

The deal is that we have to keep the lights on and get paid for services rendered. When people use PayPal or Escrow, we receive a 1% fee (up to $349). This is automatic. If people paid cash to the seller, we wouldn't get paid. Because our dealer and manufacturer premium programs have a monthly fee, we waive the 1% fee on all sales. Thus, we encourage payment any way that works for these products. 

Does this make sense?

We really like free listings and only paying once a product has sold. Zero risk to list. Thus, we have to collect at some point upon the sale.

Ok just registered. One thing I might add is that it would be nice for there a way to differentiate between used items and new, or at least private sellers and dealers. Best of luck - it looks great!  

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: opticalModule> Sonore microRendu 1.4> Matrix Mini-i Pro 3> Naim NAP 110>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack, Moon Audio DIN>RCA, USB A>C. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab. 

4 minutes ago, charlesphoto said:

Ok just registered. One thing I might add is that it would be nice for there a way to differentiate between used items and new, or at least private sellers and dealers. Best of luck - it looks great!  

Hi Charles - Thanks for the feedback. 

There is definitely a way to do what you want. We wanted it too, so we made it work. 

You can filter by New or Used as long as the seller indicates if the item is new or used. 

We also have Premium Seller and Trusted Partner indicators on each product page. On the search page, Trusted Partner’s products have a handshake icon in the upper left corner. 

15 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Hi Charles - Thanks for the feedback. 

There is definitely a way to do what you want. We wanted it too, so we made it work. 

You can filter by New or Used as long as the seller indicates if the item is new or used. 

We also have Premium Seller and Trusted Partner indicators on each product page. On the search page, Trusted Partner’s products have a handshake icon in the upper left corner. 

Great, missed that. Got a few misc items to list in the coming week or so. Best, CP

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: opticalModule> Sonore microRendu 1.4> Matrix Mini-i Pro 3> Naim NAP 110>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack, Moon Audio DIN>RCA, USB A>C. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab. 

Feature Requests:

As a seller, it would be great to have statistics on each listing that showed total number of views, as well as a breakdown of unique vs. repeat views, as well as how many people have 'favorited' / 'liked' the listing, a chart of views broken down by day & hour, etc.  That will give us a sense (as sellers) of how much reach our ad has.

As a buyer it's nice to know, at least on a gross level, the total number of views & the total number of likers/watchers (similar to what eBay has) so you can get a sense for how popular the thing is (i.e., how likely it is to sell soon...)