IGNORED

Allo Digione

I can't get my Hifiberry Digi+ Pro to output signals. I am running the latest version (v0.3-beta 23/03/2016) of RuneAudio on a Raspberry Pi2. I can't bypass the on bord sound card. I have be browsing a lot of website for a selotion - they are all a little different - but I can't get any of them to work. I can see the card in the Audio output interface in RuneAudio.

Here is the output from aplay -l:

**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: ALSA [bcm2835 ALSA], device 0: bcm2835 ALSA [bcm2835 ALSA]
Subdevices: 8/8
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
Subdevice #1: subdevice #1
Subdevice #2: subdevice #2
Subdevice #3: subdevice #3
Subdevice #4: subdevice #4
Subdevice #5: subdevice #5
Subdevice #6: subdevice #6
Subdevice #7: subdevice #7
card 0: ALSA [bcm2835 ALSA], device 1: bcm2835 ALSA [bcm2835 IEC958/HDMI]
Subdevices: 1/1
card 1: sndrpihifiberry [snd_rpi_hifiberry_digi], device 0: HifiBerry Digi HiFi wm8804-spdif-0 []

Does anyone in here know how to fix my problem?

KSR

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/7/2018 at 1:08 AM, KSR said:

I can't get my Hifiberry Digi+ Pro to output signals. I am running the latest version (v0.3-beta 23/03/2016) of RuneAudio on a Raspberry Pi2. I can't bypass the on bord sound card. I have be browsing a lot of website for a selotion - they are all a little different - but I can't get any of them to work. I can see the card in the Audio output interface in RuneAudio.

Here is the output from aplay -l:

**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: ALSA [bcm2835 ALSA], device 0: bcm2835 ALSA [bcm2835 ALSA]
Subdevices: 8/8
Subdevice #1: subdevice #1
Subdevice #2: subdevice #2
Subdevice #3: subdevice #3
Subdevice #4: subdevice #4
Subdevice #5: subdevice #5
Subdevice #6: subdevice #6
Subdevice #7: subdevice #7
card 0: ALSA [bcm2835 ALSA], device 1: bcm2835 ALSA [bcm2835 IEC958/HDMI]
card 1: sndrpihifiberry [snd_rpi_hifiberry_digi], device 0: HifiBerry Digi HiFi wm8804-spdif-0 []

Does anyone in here know how to fix my problem?

KSR

If you search the Runeaudio forum there is a beta version that will see the Digi+ Pro.  Works fine.

http://www.runeaudio.com/forum/hifiberry-digi-pro-t4530.html

Does DigiOne fit ok on the new rpi3B+?

Thnx

Mac Mini with JRMC26 or Audirvana  / Raspberry4B_4GB(GentooPlayer_LMS) / Raspberry Rpi3B+: Allo DigiOne(GentooPlayer) - M2Tech Evo DAC Two Plus/iPurifier2 - Schiit Vali 2 - Densen DM20pre/30pwr amps - Spendor SP2/3E, Sennheiser HD600 & HD25Aluminum - Audeze Sine

Cables: Vovox, DIY, Furutech. 

Portable sources: iPad, DELL Laptop with JRiver MC26

22 hours ago, ALLOaudio said:

Thank you very much Allo!!

Mac Mini with JRMC26 or Audirvana  / Raspberry4B_4GB(GentooPlayer_LMS) / Raspberry Rpi3B+: Allo DigiOne(GentooPlayer) - M2Tech Evo DAC Two Plus/iPurifier2 - Schiit Vali 2 - Densen DM20pre/30pwr amps - Spendor SP2/3E, Sennheiser HD600 & HD25Aluminum - Audeze Sine

Cables: Vovox, DIY, Furutech. 

Portable sources: iPad, DELL Laptop with JRiver MC26

@ALLOaudio  (or really anyone who knows) From my Windows PC, I am able to copy a few music files from my NAS to the Allo Digione Player \music folder via SMB.  I am also able to update the MPD library then play these copied tracks using O!MPD/MPD.  Sounds good.

Three Questions:

1.  How do I 'mount' the NAS on the Digione Player so MPD can scan the correct folder and add my entire music track collection on the NAS to the MPD library?

2.  Do either USB port on the Digione Player support external hard drives?  If so, how would I instruct MPD to add tracks from a specific folder on an external hard drive to the MPD library?

3.  For best sound quality (noise management, CPU cycles, stability) which is preferred (1) NAS mount or (2) USB hard drive mount?

Thanks

--jay

4 hours ago, jaynyc said:

@ALLOaudio  (or really anyone who knows) From my Windows PC, I am able to copy a few music files from my NAS to the Allo Digione Player \music folder via SMB.  I am also able to update the MPD library then play these copied tracks using O!MPD/MPD.  Sounds good.

Three Questions:

1.  How do I 'mount' the NAS on the Digione Player so MPD can scan the correct folder and add my entire music track collection on the NAS to the MPD library?

2.  Do either USB port on the Digione Player support external hard drives?  If so, how would I instruct MPD to add tracks from a specific folder on an external hard drive to the MPD library?

3.  For best sound quality (noise management, CPU cycles, stability) which is preferred (1) NAS mount or (2) USB hard drive mount?

Thanks

--jay

It sounds like you're using DietPi.  I'm not sure you can add a NAS in that system.  I found it very limiting and difficult to configure.  You might want to try Volumio, it's much easier to set up and works perfectly with the Digione, and it sounds just as good.  You can add a NAS very easily by browsing for network drives in the My Music page, and it will automatically recognize any USB drives you plug into the RPi.  Picoreplayer is nice too, but it uses squeezelite and LMS, very different sound and quite alluring.  You can add a NAS there by clicking the Advanced tab at the bottom of the home page, then go to the LMS tab up top, install LMS and configure it to see your NAS.  I haven't tried a USB drive.

I'm pretty impressed with my Digione after breaking it in for a week.

19 hours ago, zackthedog said:

It sounds like you're using DietPi.  I'm not sure you can add a NAS in that system.  I found it very limiting and difficult to configure.  You might want to try Volumio, it's much easier to set up and works perfectly with the Digione, and it sounds just as good.  You can add a NAS very easily by browsing for network drives in the My Music page, and it will automatically recognize any USB drives you plug into the RPi.  Picoreplayer is nice too, but it uses squeezelite and LMS, very different sound and quite alluring.  You can add a NAS there by clicking the Advanced tab at the bottom of the home page, then go to the LMS tab up top, install LMS and configure it to see your NAS.  I haven't tried a USB drive.

I'm pretty impressed with my Digione after breaking it in for a week.

@zackthedog you are correct i am running the stock DietPi config from Allo.   that’s useful info.  i’m going to wait to see if @ALLOaudio responds maybe they have some ideas without me moving to Volumio.

hello, i just received my digione player w/ spdif out. 

i am confused because on the site it says volumio comes on the microSD provided. 

i don't see volumio in the software list at all, i am completely lost. 

also i'm having trouble accessing the allo gui because it says i'm entering an incorrect password although i'm entering the same email and password as the account i made to order the digione player??

there is no volumio found on my network, both on iOS app and separate computer browser.

am i missing something?

i need help lol

image.thumb.png.6c22d1d4be2dd2b6989d426c730ef347.png

cool.  my allo digione player is bricked.  lol.  because of updating the DietPi.  ok...  wtf.  I paid 170 for this thing, 25 usd to have it shipped quickly, STILL shipped very late, didn't come with volumio on it, and is now crashing on boot.    COOL

1 hour ago, crab said:

cool.  my allo digione player is bricked.  lol.  because of updating the DietPi.  ok...  wtf.  I paid 170 for this thing, 25 usd to have it shipped quickly, STILL shipped very late, didn't come with volumio on it, and is now crashing on boot.    COOL

hihi, same for me, I have ordered a player digione with a dietpi and I received one with Volumio hihi :D

I think Allo has few difficulties to deliver the good memory card ...

But when I heard the sound quality, Allo has been quickly forgiven, above all regarding the price :D

If you have a PC with Windows, download a Volumio OS for RPI3, flash it on your memory card with Win32DIskImage for example and enjoy ... ! It is very simple and easy.

Source : QNAP TS-131, LMS 7.9, Player Digione

Amp+Cables+Speakers : FDA V200, Audioprana Ag Cryo 4 brins, Atohm GT2

too late 

46 minutes ago, r11bordo said:

hihi, same for me, I have ordered a player digione with a dietpi and I received one with Volumio hihi :D

I think Allo has few difficulties to deliver the good memory card ...

But when I heard the sound quality, Allo has been quickly forgiven, above all regarding the price :D

If you have a PC with Windows, download a Volumio OS for RPI3, flash it on your memory card with Win32DIskImage for example and enjoy ... ! It is very simple and easy.

too late.  it crashes on boot up.   im pissed.  i was waiting for this for days and now its useless

2 hours ago, crab said:

too late 

too late.  it crashes on boot up.   im pissed.  i was waiting for this for days and now its useless

It may not be too late.  Your memory card may be corrupted.  If you have a laptop or PC with an SD card reader, download the Volumio image for RPi3 and a free app called SD Formatter.  See if you can reformat the card.  Then use Win32DiskImage, also free, to write the Volumio image to the card.  If none of that works, pick up a blank 8GB SD card from Best Buy or an office supply shop, and write the Volumio image to that.  See if it will boot.

It's possible that the RPi's BIOS has become corrupted, in which case they hopefully will send you another one.  In the meantime $10 for a blank SD card might solve the problem.

i dont have computer with sd slot, i dont have microsd reader, i dont know how to do these things, and i dont want to

i dont want to have to do all this extra shit.  i paid for a fucking reason.  for it to be ready and plug and play just as they said it would.

I paid for a product that doesnt work.  Im just going to get my money back through paypal.  lol i was so excited for this thing and they decide to treat their customers like shit and not even respond.  

lol FUCK allo

51 minutes ago, crab said:

i dont have computer with sd slot, i dont have microsd reader, i dont know how to do these things, and i dont want to

i dont want to have to do all this extra shit.  i paid for a fucking reason.  for it to be ready and plug and play just as they said it would.

I paid for a product that doesnt work.  Im just going to get my money back through paypal.  lol i was so excited for this thing and they decide to treat their customers like shit and not even respond.  

lol FUCK allo

We're not kids around here, but we also don't appreciate your language. Please watch it.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

As with many things in life,  the Allo Digione Player is a bit of a mixed bag.   I'm very pleased with sound quality going directly to my Dynaudio XD 200 speakers via S/PDIF and exclusively using ROON.   It was very easy to configure and has worked like a charm.    I recently did the update to V 6.5 and it was flawless other than the fact that it rolls back service settings to defaults,  meaning all services are enabled.   Easy enough fix,  takes a few minutes. 

You can't beat the dollar for value proposition!  

The flip side is that my customer service experience has been less than exemplary.  My unit arrived with a loose screw floating freely in the bottom of the case.   Thankfully this didn't impact functionality at all.  I contacted Allo via the support link on their website several weeks ago and never heard back.   At some point I may attempt to remove the screw.   YMMV.   

43 minutes ago, TAV said:

As with many things in life,  the Allo Digione Player is a bit of a mixed bag.   I'm very pleased with sound quality going directly to my Dynaudio XD 200 speakers via S/PDIF and exclusively using ROON.   It was very easy to configure and has worked like a charm.    I recently did the update to V 6.5 and it was flawless other than the fact that it rolls back service settings to defaults,  meaning all services are enabled.   Easy enough fix,  takes a few minutes. 

The flip side is that my customer service experience has been less than exemplary.  My unit arrived with a loose screw floating freely in the bottom of the case.   Thankfully this didn't impact functionality at all.  I contacted Allo via the support link on their website several weeks ago and never heard back.   At some point I may attempt to remove the screw.   YMMV.   

I agree.  I bought the hat for my RPi2.  I prefer my CAPS-style USB renderer with the SOtM USB card, but including the HDPlex 200W power supply that's a $1500 proposition.  For the money, I could live with the Digione--it seems accurate and offers an intensely musical experience.  I power it from the HDPlex, which does make a difference.  Currently I'm using Volumio.

I will say that I find the Allo DietPi system to be a challenge--if it ain't one thing, it's another, as they say. 

11 hours ago, TAV said:

Hi Tav,

sorry to hear that , can you PM me your order number ?

17 hours ago, crab said:

lol FUCK allo

Crab , stuff happens . Its impossible for us to do anything over the Easter weekend . Keep it civil .

14 hours ago, zackthedog said:

I agree.  I bought the hat for my RPi2.  I prefer my CAPS-style USB renderer with the SOtM USB card, but including the HDPlex 200W power supply that's a $1500 proposition.  For the money, I could live with the Digione--it seems accurate and offers an intensely musical experience.  I power it from the HDPlex, which does make a difference.  Currently I'm using Volumio.

I will say that I find the Allo DietPi system to be a challenge--if it ain't one thing, it's another, as they say. 

Completely agree with yours statement "..... offers an intensely musical experience".

I'm using DietPi but only the Roon service and my system has been rock steady no issues at all.   i was a bit worried about performing the 6.5 update but that went smoothly.   

On 3/31/2018 at 6:00 AM, crab said:

hello, i just received my digione player w/ spdif out. 

i am confused because on the site it says volumio comes on the microSD provided. 

i don't see volumio in the software list at all, i am completely lost. 

also i'm having trouble accessing the allo gui because it says i'm entering an incorrect password although i'm entering the same email and password as the account i made to order the digione player??

there is no volumio found on my network, both on iOS app and separate computer browser.

am i missing something?

i need help lol

image.thumb.png.6c22d1d4be2dd2b6989d426c730ef347.png

Hi Crab

I checked your order , you have chosen DietPi and not Volumio. Thats why it was not available ..