IGNORED

Allo Digione

12 hours ago, uniquesnowflake said:

Normally I'd give a new component 50+ hours minimum before making an assessment, but the improvement is obvious enough that I'm happy to make a preliminary assessment. 

One of the first things I noticed is the level of fine detail, presumably due to darker background. This is a very similar experience IMO compared to upgrading to a quieter, higher quality power supply. 

Not that it was lacking in my previous setup, yet the Audiophile Pi somehow took the sense of presence and realism one step further. 

I enjoy the fuller, sweeter midrange and authoritative bass of my "new" transport. However, this is interesting as the RPi3+Digione Sig setup seemed to have more emphasis on the treble side.

Please note that this is just an early impression, and that I'm using the stock DietPi + ALLO GUI that came with the Audiophile Pi, while my RPi3 ran an optimized picoreplayer as endpoint with a dedicated LMS server. 

Thanks a lot for the feedback! I am quite tempted to try the USBridge Sig but at the same time I do not want to faff around with USB wireless sticks and I want the DigiOne  Signature to be connected wirelessly to my LAN. I am probably going to let things as they are for the time being and see what Allo come up with next! 

• 5 months later...

Hello everyone! I’ve been listening to my Allo Signature via Volumio, from my IPad. In listening to Spotify, I use airdrop, within iPad, to link with Volumio. What I noticed is that the sound quality is not on par, when listening to Spotify, as compared with web radio, paradise radio and the like, within Volumio.

Is there some way to improve the SQ of Spotify?

Thank you,

John

• 2 years later...
On 3/3/2019 at 10:50 AM, Molins said:

I just bought another download in DSD64 quality and again, 3 times white moise for a couple of seconds always the same positions, with no such errors when using a different source or a DAP. So it seems to me either Digione or VolumIO or both are not 100% capable of DSD64.

I have exactly the same situation. Unable to play any DSD files no matter what I do or what settings I try.