IGNORED

Allo Digione

I set up my a Digione Player, running Max2Play, LMS Server, and SqueezeLite to use as a Squeezebox. External HDD connected to Digione Player.  I used a Coax cable to connect the Digione Player directly to the coax input of a Pioneer Elite VSX 80 audio video receiver. When I use the Squeezelite player, I get music, but it doesn't sound good at all, and no subwoofer input through the receiver/speakers. The receiver has built in DAC. Is it somehow not compatible with the Digione? Is an external Dac required? Something else? thanks.

Is anyone using the DigiOne with a battery instead of a power supply? I am curious because I previously used a usb-s/pdif device (a hiface modified by jkenny), but instead of using the wall wart that came with it, I connected it to a 9 volt battery from the cable company. To have the device uncoupled from the house circuits made for amazingly quiet background. I was wondering is anyone has tried this approach for the Raspberry Pi/DigiOne combination...

MacMini Quad i7/Audirvana Studio/USBridge DigiOne Signature Player/Schiit Yggdrasil GS/Aragon Palladium 1 amplifiers/Stacked Energy 22 speakers (Reference Connoisseur on bottom & Pro 22 on top) set tweeter to tweeter/Kimber Monocle XL speaker wires/Straightwire Crescendo & Virtuoso IC/Mordaunt Short 309 subwoofers

1 hour ago, patagent said:

Has anyone gotten their Tidal to work properly using Audirvana on Volumio?  16/44.1 content works fine but I get silence when MQA files are played.  

Mine works fine - playing regular Tidal files as well as MQA files. I do not have a dac that plays native MQA (does the second unpacking), so Audirvana is set to do the work of the first unpacking. If you have some specific questions, please ask.

MacMini Quad i7/Audirvana Studio/USBridge DigiOne Signature Player/Schiit Yggdrasil GS/Aragon Palladium 1 amplifiers/Stacked Energy 22 speakers (Reference Connoisseur on bottom & Pro 22 on top) set tweeter to tweeter/Kimber Monocle XL speaker wires/Straightwire Crescendo & Virtuoso IC/Mordaunt Short 309 subwoofers

9 minutes ago, rruffin said:

Mine works fine - playing regular Tidal files as well as MQA files. I do not have a dac that plays native MQA (does the second unpacking), so Audirvana is set to do the work of the first unpacking. If you have some specific questions, please ask.

Did you have to install any plugins?

What are your output settings?  UPNP Volumio on Audirvana?  Volumio Airplay on the Mac?

Thanks in advance.

50 minutes ago, patagent said:

Did you have to install any plugins?

What are your output settings?  UPNP Volumio on Audirvana?  Volumio Airplay on the Mac?

Thanks in advance.

I may have answered my own question.  I forgot that Airplay limits resolution at 44 or 48 kHz.  Once I'm off work, going to see if changing the max resolution on Audirvana down to 44.1 will do the trick.

38 minutes ago, scott seaman said:

Ok I just stumbled in here. I am considering the digione prebuilt with the Volumio. Can I just plug in an external hard drive and or flash drive and play or control the digione from my Android phone with the app. Not into setting up a nas at this time.

Help lol!

PS this is for an upcoming lx mini with +2 subs build. The mini dsp 4x10 with dac's  that does the xover filtering does not take USB audio in so must use spdif 

12 hours ago, scott seaman said:

Ok I just stumbled in here. I am considering the digione prebuilt with the Volumio. Can I just plug in an external hard drive and or flash drive and play or control the digione from my Android phone with the app. Not into setting up a nas at this time.

Help lol!

I've played music briefly using a USB thumbdrive.  I don't think you can store music on the MicroSD slot but don't quote me.  You can play the music via any web browser connected to the same network as the Digione (//volumio.local/).  I believe Volumio also sells a iOS app for $.99 that makes this more straightforward.

Another question as I am pretty dense on these streamer/players. 

If I want to play flac music files downloaded on my external hard drive or USB stick plugged into the digione do I need to be connected to internet. Also how does the Android ui app connect to the digione. Do I have to physically turn on Wi Fi hotspot on my phone?

Is adding the touch screen  display worth it or more for looks lol. Excuse my dummy questions please.

2 hours ago, scott seaman said:

Another question as I am pretty dense on these streamer/players. 

If I want to play flac music files downloaded on my external hard drive or USB stick plugged into the digione do I need to be connected to internet. Also how does the Android ui app connect to the digione. Do I have to physically turn on Wi Fi hotspot on my phone?

Is adding the touch screen  display worth it or more for looks lol. Excuse my dummy questions please.

Volumio has a web GUI that you can access from a web browser (volumio.local) provided your browser is in the same wifi/ethernet network as the Digione.  From the web GUI you can access USB drives, media servers, and the like.  You don't need to enable wifi hotspot.

I could see the value of a touch screen display but a phone or iPad is sufficient for me.

14 minutes ago, patagent said:

Volumio has a web GUI that you can access from a web browser (volumio.local) provided your browser is in the same wifi/ethernet network as the Digione.  From the web GUI you can access USB drives, media servers, and the like.  You don't need to enable wifi hotspot.

I could see the value of a touch screen display but a phone or iPad is sufficient for me.

Ok my issue is I need to use my phone as my Wi Fi provider to the digione for a while. My residence will not have cable internet for another 4 to 6 months and I refuse to go with a satellite rip off provider!!

If the UI is loaded on the SD card on the digione then will a touch screen provide playing of files without internet. I do not care about internet radio or tidal streaming yet lol. 

What are folks using for a power supply with the DigiOne?

I ditched the wall wart provided by Allo and am using an iFi iPower.

7 hours ago, rruffin said:

What are folks using for a power supply with the DigiOne?

I ditched the wall wart provided by Allo and am using an iFi iPower.

I tried the iFi power with negative results. It won't power the RPi 3 with a steady red led it always flashes with it connected. So I've gone back to the old wallwart.

8 minutes ago, ALLOaudio said:

@scott seaman

you need help ordering ?

let me know if I can help.

No I need some answers I can understand to my questions above. I am a streaming dunce lol. I can handle ordering the digione ok. Want the aluminum case so hope that comes soon. Want the digione player built with volumio installed!! For now more interested in playing flac files from external hard drive and or stick drive. Maybe some internet radio!

13 hours ago, eis said:

I tried the iFi power with negative results. It won't power the RPi 3 with a steady red led it always flashes with it connected. So I've gone back to the old wallwart.

Don't know how to respond to this. Mine worked perfectly after choosing the appropriate adapter and plugging it into the mini usb adapter provided by Allo. If you purchased the IFi iPower 5 volt new, then maybe it is defective and you could return it. Sorry that you are having to use the Allo provided wall wart. If I was still using it, I would be wondering why folks were so excited about the DigiOne. The iPower made a huge improvement to the sound quality.

Are there people here who combine the Digione with the Allo Sparky (SBC, not the USBridge)?
I know the advantages of the Sparky above the Raspberry pi (such as seperate lanes for USB and LAN, and a eMMC slot) but both of them use a 40 pins GPIO
connector for connecting to the Digione so I wonder if there's any difference in sound quality.

On 2/16/2018 at 10:32 AM, rruffin said:

Don't know how to respond to this. Mine worked perfectly after choosing the appropriate adapter and plugging it into the mini usb adapter provided by Allo. If you purchased the IFi iPower 5 volt new, then maybe it is defective and you could return it. Sorry that you are having to use the Allo provided wall wart. If I was still using it, I would be wondering why folks were so excited about the DigiOne. The iPower made a huge improvement to the sound quality.

I sent the first one back to "Music Direct" (very helpful FWIW) and the replacement did the same thing. So it maybe the RPi3... 

In the past, I powered my usb to s/pdif device (jkenny modified hiface) with a 9 volt battery. It sounded great. I would like to try to do the same with the DigiOne. It is my understanding that you could you a DC to DC Converter to change the voltage from 9v to 5v (which is needed for the DigiOne). Has anyone done this? Can Allo help me in finding the correct DC to DC converter? One of the benefits of having direct contact with the designer and manufacturer of an audio product is this kind of assistance.