IGNORED

Allo Digione

Enjoying Digione with Roon very much. It's amazing how these two have changed the musical landscape at my place over the last week, the digione sonically, Roon organizationally. Only trouble is changing spidf cable over to my sound card when I want to watch something on YouTube or Netflix. Is there a way to make the Digione play all the sound that's  coming out of my PC?

• 2 weeks later...

I received my Digione player today diet pi and it can be found on my network. However, there appears to be no BNC digital output to my DAC. Any recommendations?

Screen Shot 2018-01-11 at 12.38.16 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-01-11 at 12.38.01 AM.png

Main Room: Synology DS116 NAS > Intel NUC7i7BNH Mini PC (Roon Core) > Linn Selekt DSM with Katalyst DAC > Mark Levinson No. 532H Amp > Thiel Audio CS 2.4 Loudspeakers

Bedroom: Synology DS116 NAS > Intel NUC7i7BNH Mini PC (Roon Core) > Chord 2Go/Hugo 2 (fixed line level) > McIntosh MHA200 Headphone Amp > Audeze LCD-X (2021) or Focal OG Clear or JH Audio Roxanne IEM

Whichever software you use on RPI3 needs to be told to use I2S output/Digione as its audio out. I use Volumio and it is there under 'Playback Options/I2S Dac' switch.

my > overly > fancy > system > with > directional > interconnects > powered > by > ego & linear fusion reactor

5 hours ago, Bikutoru said:

Whichever software you use on RPI3 needs to be told to use I2S output/Digione as its audio out. I use Volumio and it is there under 'Playback Options/I2S Dac' switch.

Thanks Bikutoro . I think it's set in DietPi already. Was pre-configured at Allo? My iFI Audio micro IDSD does not lock on the signal and there is no sound output. See screenshot.

Screen Shot 2018-01-11 at 9.22.35 AM.png

Main Room: Synology DS116 NAS > Intel NUC7i7BNH Mini PC (Roon Core) > Linn Selekt DSM with Katalyst DAC > Mark Levinson No. 532H Amp > Thiel Audio CS 2.4 Loudspeakers

Bedroom: Synology DS116 NAS > Intel NUC7i7BNH Mini PC (Roon Core) > Chord 2Go/Hugo 2 (fixed line level) > McIntosh MHA200 Headphone Amp > Audeze LCD-X (2021) or Focal OG Clear or JH Audio Roxanne IEM

I'm confused.

Does iFI Audio micro IDSD has BNC or coax input? That's what Digione is for. If you are just using USB from Digione to IDSD then Digione needs to be told to output USB, but that defeats the purpose of Digione which is the cleanest BNC/Coax output.

my > overly > fancy > system > with > directional > interconnects > powered > by > ego & linear fusion reactor

Thanks for your help.

The iFi Audio micro iDSD does have a coax input.

I think that I got it working. I have audio output. I hooked up a monitor and keyboard and went to the dietpi-config page and selected the allo digione for the audio output. Now, the screenshot looks better, I believe.

Screen Shot 2018-01-11 at 7.19.38 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-01-11 at 7.18.58 PM.png

19 minutes ago, Bikutoru said:

I'm glad you got it going.

Since it is working you have to tell us how it sounds ;-)

So far it sounds good. Better than my HiFiBerry Digi+ Pro, I'm still thinking. Will try it with various cans. My Roon DSP-enabled Audeze iSine 20's sound good but very different than my other cans/earphones. I'll try a few ear-tip options to see if there is more bass.

I have been experimenting with the Allo DigiOne Player and so far this is the best sounding combination for my bedside rig:

Synology NAS DS116 > Roon ROCK (NUC7i7BNH) > Allo DigiOne Player (Diet Pi) > Resonessense CONCERO HP > Audeze iSine 20 (Roon DSP Audeze iSine 20 Preset Enabled)

I'm liking the sound of the Resonessense CONCERO HP over my excellent iFi Audio micro iDSD by a good margin in the above set-up.

On 12/19/2017 at 11:15 AM, ALLOaudio said:

Hi to all

please see the mat black finish alu case for Digione player with integrated heat sink for the RPI.

Ready to ship early 2018!

Comments welcomed!

regards

IMG_0253_0.jpg

IMG_0252.jpg

IMG_0251.jpg

Will you notify us when the new metal case is available through this Allo Club?

MacMini Quad i7/Audirvana Studio/USBridge DigiOne Signature Player/Schiit Yggdrasil GS/Aragon Palladium 1 amplifiers/Stacked Energy 22 speakers (Reference Connoisseur on bottom & Pro 22 on top) set tweeter to tweeter/Kimber Monocle XL speaker wires/Straightwire Crescendo & Virtuoso IC/Mordaunt Short 309 subwoofers

11 hours ago, ALLOaudio said:

yes we will.

we are making some changes to the final design.

thank you for your patience.

i will have more news and images next week

Please keep the ethernet port portion of the case flat. I've been finding it extremely difficult to work with telegartner connectors and the digione as the case gets in the way of the clasp.