IGNORED

Let's talk about SOTM SMS-200 ULTRA

6 hours ago, aggielaw said:

I've spent nearly 60 hours trying to update my firmware to 0.4.59.  I'm having to use the "recovery instructions" because updating through enuhasu freezes at 92% and won't finish.

That is strange I have done the upgrade from 4.58 to 4.59 a couple of times in Eunhasu with no problem.

6 hours ago, aggielaw said:

I've gone back and forth with engineers at Passmark about why the image won't write, and one engineer noticed from my screenshot that the .img file is almost the same size as the zipped file.  He said when he unzipped the file it was just under 8GB.

The downloaded file before unzip is 2.77Gb and after unzip 2.8GB so there are something wrong with the downloaded file, this also happened to me using Firefox. After I downloaded it in Microsoft Edge the file is 2.8GB and unzips to 7.7Gb so that should work.

I use WinRAR to unzip.

Main system
TAD D1000mk2, TAD M2500mk2, TAD CE-1, Ansuz Mainz 8 C2, Ansuz Darkz D-TC, 
Qobuz Studio -> Roon ROCK on NUC -> Uptone etherREGEN -> dCS Network Bridge -> AES/EBU -> DAC
HD Plex 200W PSU (4 rail for ISP fiber, router, etherREGEN and NUC)

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

I apologize for not following up on this.  Last night I finally found the solution.  In my case, the file had to be unzipped twice - once with  WinZIP and once with 7-ZIP.  I don't understand how this circumstance occurred, but I'm very happy to have stumbled on the solution.  It was so frustrating I actually made a youtube video to spare others who may run in to the issue:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ty_HN2gqJtQ

Octaviars, very interesting about the browser making a difference.  As it happens, I use Firefox almost exclusively.  I wonder why the browser would make a difference.  Any ideas?

I haven't listened to the 200ulta with the new firmware, but I believe I recall someone here mentioning minor sonic improvements with a prior upgrade (0.4.5 maybe?) a few months ago, so I'm looking forward to an hour with my digital setup later today. :)

Thanks again for the assist, guys!

Front ends:

Digital: Sonore ultraRendu or SOtM 200 ultra Trifecta --> LKS MH-D004

Analog: Clearaudio Performance DC --> Rogue Triton

Back end: SMc Audio VRE-1C --> SMc Audio DNA125 Platinum Plus-->Stealth Dream v10 cables --> Ridge Street Audio Designs Sason speakers, dual Rhythmik F12SE subs

I tried to install the offline update to V 0.4.5 in January. File-Size of bin was 7.761.921 kb, but had problems with squeezelite and library-config.

Everytime i updated offline i spend a new sd-card for it (as backup)

Since latest version from sotm, i took the older sd-card with version before 4.5 and the online-update was no problem to 4.59.

If it’s any help, i initially downloaded (a couple of times) the 4.59 image using Firefox but verification failed. On the advice mentioned here i tried yesterday with Chrome and everything went through! I have yet to see whether it works okay with the sms-200 though.

I have downloaded the 4.59 version and installed it on several SD cards for friends. I did have a problem verifying the image on completion with "imageUSB" but this was totally dependent on the card used. I found Sandisk cards to be the worst and Verbatim cards to work every time.  

Hello Kopelli,

yes, the HDD connected via usb is a good solution. I used this before with  WD Elements.

Now, i am in use of a NAS-Server - i think sound quality is the same - the server is a 4-bay NAS - OS is Freenas - SOtm-Config only allows Windows-Verification - Unix NFS shares doesn't work - only Windows SMB shares.

Can you be more specific about the sound improvement between the two versions? 

Triangle Magellan Concerto 2 < AQ Everest < Vitus Audio SS-010 Mk2 < AQ Dragon High Current < AQ WEL XLR < Chord Qutest DAC w UpTone JS-2 & AQ Dragon Source < AQ Diamond USB < Innuos Phoenix USB w AQ Dragon Source < Aurender N100H & AQ Dragon Source < NetGear GS105GE Switch w UpTone LPS1.2 < Supra CAT8 Ethernet < Gryphon PowerZone w AQ NRG-Wild < Stillpoints UltraSS, Ansuz Darkz D-TC & D2, Omicron Harmonic Stabilizer, Gold Evolution SE & Classic < Furutech FT-SWS (R) < Synergistic Research Orange Quantum Fuse < Solid Tech Hybrid < GigaWatt G-16A 2P Circuit Breaker

• 2 weeks later...

Guys I just got my SOTM 200ultra this week put it in the chain,,, and first it won't be seen by the ROON ( did all the setup ) but it just won't work , and then it went flashing green and blue , then it just stopped working !!!!! 

I am so mad right now I cant believe it , and then I read and read ,, burned the new image on the SD so many times tried 100 different ways STILL no light is on . no sounds. no music , this is killing me,, can any one out there 

give me a pointer on what can be done to fix this stupid problem that costed me almost $2k and arrive DOA.... 

sorry just mad as hell... 

Actually finally found the way thanx to aggoielaw ! ,,, you have to extract the image properly to the 7.7gb version for this to work.. 

but I still can't find SOTM 200 Neo via my Roon ..... after all this ,,, activated everything ... but still no luck on ROON FINDing SOTM 200.. anything I am missing? 

4 hours ago, 911turbos said:

Guys I just got my SOTM 200ultra this week put it in the chain,,, and first it won't be seen by the ROON ( did all the setup ) but it just won't work , and then it went flashing green and blue , then it just stopped working !!!!! 

I am so mad right now I cant believe it , and then I read and read ,, burned the new image on the SD so many times tried 100 different ways STILL no light is on . no sounds. no music , this is killing me,, can any one out there 

give me a pointer on what can be done to fix this stupid problem that costed me almost $2k and arrive DOA.... 

sorry just mad as hell... 

Is your sms200u firm connected to the usb from the dac? Otherwise roon doesnt see it..  and try after right connecting the powerbutten on the front of the sotm and wait after 5minutes. And last but not least do you have an eunhasu connection at all and a netwerk function?! 

20 minutes ago, 911turbos said:

Yes,, I have set up the Eunhasu , and activated the Roon Ready on the SOTM 200, but still.. nothing .. : ( 

and of course all the usb connected . 

When you go in to Eunhasu and choose system config (the settings where you change LAN speed etc.) at the bottom of that page you have DAC information if you press that you will open a new page with information from the DAC it will look like this if you dont get this you dont have connection with the DAC.

"

*** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: TADUSB2D [TAD-USB2D], device 0: USB Audio [USB Audio]
  Subdevices: 0/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 003 Device 004: ID 08e4:0167 Pioneer Corp. 
Bus 003 Device 002: ID 05e3:0610 Genesys Logic, Inc. 4-port hub
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 05e3:0610 Genesys Logic, Inc. 4-port hub
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

0 [TADUSB2D       ]: USB-Audio - TAD-USB2D
                      TADL TAD-USB2D at usb-1c1c000.usb-1.4, high speed

TADL TAD-USB2D at usb-1c1c000.usb-1.4, high speed : USB Audio

Playback:
    Interface = 1
    Altset = 1
    Packet Size = 72
    Momentary freq = 44100 Hz (0x5.8333)
    Feedback Format = 16.16
  Interface 1
    Altset 1
    Format: S32_LE
    Channels: 2
    Endpoint: 2 OUT (ASYNC)
    Rates: 44100, 48000, 88200, 96000, 176400, 192000, 352800, 384000
    Data packet interval: 125 us
    Bits: 32

"

Main system
TAD D1000mk2, TAD M2500mk2, TAD CE-1, Ansuz Mainz 8 C2, Ansuz Darkz D-TC, 
Qobuz Studio -> Roon ROCK on NUC -> Uptone etherREGEN -> dCS Network Bridge -> AES/EBU -> DAC
HD Plex 200W PSU (4 rail for ISP fiber, router, etherREGEN and NUC)

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

Thank you so much for finding time to help : ) truly appreciate it , and yes I think SOTM 200 does see my MERIDIAN 818 in the chain, I tried to restart it a few times and changed router and reset them ( its running off a SOTM switch , which already made a significant difference , crazy but it really sounded better ) 

Screen Shot 2019-06-30 at 8.29.04 AM.png

problem solved ! you won't believe it , but for my situation I had to make the volume control as FIXED, and bang , there its is, not sure why these setting matters that much , but thats what got the SMS200 to show up on ROOn ( lucky I saw this on another similar post ... lol ) 

thank you all for the time.