IGNORED

Just got a Yggdrasil!

1 minute ago, Samuel T Cogley said:

Many months ago, another Yggy thread here got "Mola Mola"-ed.  This isn't an issue of "preference", it's a concerted effort to create a significant volume of negative Yggy posts on social media.

Ad hominem.

Mani.

Main: SOtM sMS-200 -> Okto dac8PRO -> 6x Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Tune Audio Anima horns + 2x Rotel RB-1590 amps -> 4 subs

Home Office: SOtM sMS-200 -> MOTU UltraLite-mk5 -> 6x Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Impulse H2 speakers

Vinyl: Technics SP10 / London (Decca) Reference -> Trafomatic Luna -> RME ADI-2 Pro

13 minutes ago, Samuel T Cogley said:

Many months ago, another Yggy thread here got "Mola Mola"-ed.  This isn't an issue of "preference", it's a concerted effort to create a significant volume of negative Yggy posts on social media.

Completely true. 

14 hours ago, JoeWhip said:

I am sitting here listening to the Mozart by Candlelight recording now available at chasing the Dragon.co.uk through my Yggy. I was at the performance in the front pew last week at St. Martin in the Field in London. We were almost right under the binaural head. This recording captures all of the magic we experienced that night. Incredible spaciousness, timbre and detail. Mani can post all he wants but this is a stellar DAC. 

Mani is simply a Schiit hater . Like I said earlier in this thread ,the Schiit haters can sniff out the Schiit threads in an instant. 

Yet look at this comments on the Chord 2 qute which I have . He claims its better than the Yggdrasil .

Not to my ears. 

2 minutes ago, hornytoad said:

Mani is simply a Schiit hater .

Ad hominem. (How many times am I going to have to point this out?)

I've just done a quick search for recent Schiit threads here. Let's see how many I've actually posted on, shall we?

WyrdSchiit... Nah

(Too bored with this to continue.)

The evidence suggests you're wrong. But hey, why look at evidence and data formulate conclusions?

Mani.

Main: SOtM sMS-200 -> Okto dac8PRO -> 6x Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Tune Audio Anima horns + 2x Rotel RB-1590 amps -> 4 subs

Home Office: SOtM sMS-200 -> MOTU UltraLite-mk5 -> 6x Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Impulse H2 speakers

Vinyl: Technics SP10 / London (Decca) Reference -> Trafomatic Luna -> RME ADI-2 Pro

9 minutes ago, manisandher said:

Your arguments with one of the owners of Schiit in an earlier Yggdrasil threas suggest otherwise. 

Ad hominem. (How many times am I going to have to point this out?)

I've just done a quick search for recent Schiit threads here. Let's see how many I've actually posted on, shall we?

WyrdSchiit... Nah

(Too bored with this to continue.)

The evidence suggests you're wrong. But hey, why look at evidence and data formulate conclusions?

Mani.

Your arguments with one of the owners of Schiit Audio in an earlier Yggdrasil thread suggest otherwise. 

You will never be too bored to ridicule the Schiit Yggdrasil . 

10 minutes ago, JoeWhip said:

I get it Mani, you don't like the Yggy. Others love it.

This is exactly what I said in my very first post in this thread...

On 3/30/2017 at 9:49 AM, manisandher said:

My feeling was that these shortcomings were indeed audible. But many (most?) Yggy owners love the way it sounds...

... but you choose to register only what you want, it seems.

Mani.

25 minutes ago, hornytoad said:

Your arguments with one of the owners of Schiit Audio in an earlier Yggdrasil thread suggest otherwise. 

You will never be too bored to ridicule the Schiit Yggdrasil . 

In the list I showed, 3 threads specifically mentioned the Yggdrasil. I have posted in only 1 of those 3. The evidence suggests you're wrong... yet again.

Mani.

9 minutes ago, Samuel T Cogley said:

Pot, Kettle, Black.

Pathetic.

2 hours ago, Samuel T Cogley said:

I think Mani knows where Facebook and Twitter are.  :)

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

6 minutes ago, Samuel T Cogley said:

Perhaps we disagree that forums also constitute Social Media.

What I meant was that if he really wanted to "create a significant volume of negative Yggy posts on social media," he well knows where that would be far, far more effective than this humble forum, much as I like it.  Which should show you that this is *not* his intent; rather, he's responding here because here is where he's feeling forced to defend himself from an onslaught of negative reaction.

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

2 hours ago, Samuel T Cogley said:

Found the thread of another Yggy hater going on about how a $20,000+ DAC was so much better than the Yggy.

Hiro's quite a different situation.  He loves DSD, and by extension delta-sigma DACs.  He will hear nothing against them, and nothing in favor of PCM files or PCM (R2R ladder) DACs.  He's never shown the slightest interest in actually auditioning a PCM DAC, unlike Mani, who owns at least one PCM DAC and auditioned the Yggy.

1 minute ago, Jud said:

What I meant was that if he really wanted to "create a significant volume of negative Yggy posts on social media," he well knows where that would be far, far more effective than this humble forum, much as I like it.  Which should show you that this is *not* his intent; rather, he's responding here because here is where he's feeling forced to defend himself from an onslaught of negative reaction.

I'm honestly not getting this.  He's just regurgitating negative Yggy material from other sources.  He's even posting dubious test results like how something designed to drive a 10,000 ohm load does with a 600 ohm load.  How is it not classic threadcrapping?  Regardless of his intent, he's certainly achieving a goal.

I sincerely don't understand why you seem to be going out of your way to cast him as some kind of victim.

Just now, Jud said:

Hiro's quite a different situation.  He loves DSD, and by extension delta-sigma DACs.  He will hear nothing against them, and nothing in favor of PCM files or PCM (R2R ladder) DACs.  He's never shown the slightest interest in actually auditioning a PCM DAC, unlike Mani, who owns at least one PCM DAC and auditioned the Yggy.

I don't know, Jud.  Your "middle way" dogma isn't squaring with this current situation.  He claims to have auditioned the Yggy.

3 minutes ago, Jud said:

Because I've "known" Mani on this forum and another a long time, and if you look at his posts just in this forum alone, you will find a quite helpful and generally mild-mannered person who knows a thing or two about audio (and has the kind of system I would love to own).  So has Yggy suddenly turned him from Dr. Jekyll to Mr. Hyde?  I don't think so - he just didn't like it, it didn't burn down his house or anything.  :)  It's really very obvious that he's a bit out of character in this thread because he's been jumped on.  He didn't like Yggy?  Fine.  Can we now continue the thread and talk about Yggy without extending this whole attack/response nonsense?

Ok, I understand.  He's in the Old Timers club, so he apparently gets a big pass.  This is the first time I've seen evidence of a clique here and I'm somewhat disappointed, but not surprised.  Your asymmetric response makes perfect sense now.  So much for that middle way, right?  Mani has now been given official sanction to slag away at the Yggy to his heart's content.

31 minutes ago, Samuel T Cogley said:

He's even posting dubious test results like how something designed to drive a 10,000 ohm load does with a 600 ohm load.

It's a standard test that JA subjects every DAC to. The Yggy struggled in a way that very few other DACs have.

29 minutes ago, Samuel T Cogley said:

He claims to have auditioned the Yggy.

Who are you talking about here?

Mani.