IGNORED

Site Issues, Updates, Changes, and Feedback Thread

I have a question that nobody else has brought up.  This makes me think it might be a browser or other type of issue on my end and not a site change.  Enough fruitless attempts have been made to resolve it I'm willing to see if it has effected others.

Looking at the post above me where mansr quoted R Johnson.  I no longer have a button that links to the full message being quoted.  The collapse button next to date/time/username on the left is still there.  The one far right which would transport me back however many pages disappeared at least a few weeks back with no changes to my system that I'm aware of.  Not something I rely on heavily but handy when some upstart makes a salient point during a post maelstrom.  :)

On 1/30/2018 at 11:40 AM, The Computer Audiophile said:

I really wish Google would open it's site search product back up for paying customers to not display ads, but it isn't going to happen unfortunately. Site search is the best.

Hopefully Elasticsearch will be good. I really dislike the search we have now. It's nearly useless, even when it's "working."

Go figure the paged flipped over making my example null.  Only quoted to reintroduce an example post.

@The Computer Audiophile, Chris I haven't been receiving any emails in the last 36 hours, at times it's a relief.  User settings haven't changed, all good there.  I'm using Comcast here locally in the Twin Cities.

Computer setup - Roon/Qobuz - PS Audio P5 Regenerator - HIFI Rose 250A Streamer - Emotiva XPA-2 Harbeth P3ESR XD - Rel  R-528 Sub

Comfy Chair - Schitt Jotunheim - Meze Audio Empyrean w/Mitch Barnett's Accurate Sound FilterSet

49 minutes ago, ShawnC said:

@The Computer Audiophile, Chris I haven't been receiving any emails in the last 36 hours, at times it's a relief.  User settings haven't changed, all good there.  I'm using Comcast here locally in the Twin Cities.

Updated the site Thursday evening. I’ll take a look at what’s up. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Hi @ShawnC - I see this as the last email sent to you from the site. This tells me the problem is with the site or configuration. Can you check to make sure the email notification settings are set correctly? I know you didn't change anything, but I want to make sure they weren't changed by the upgrade.

Thanks for helping me on this one.

Screen Shot 2018-03-25 at 10.04.59 AM.png

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

On 3/19/2017 at 11:35 AM, The Computer Audiophile said:

Hi Guys - This thread is here to log any issues that you find with the site and to provide any feedback you wish. As usual, all feedback, good, bad, indifferent, is welcome.

It has been a long weekend and I'm sure I missed a few things in my final run-through of the site. Please let me know what you find. In addition, I still have a lot of housekeeping to do and will get to it as soon as possible.

A few issues I am working through:

1. Front page articles need some of the code that didn't transfer over from the previous site removed (it's still visible in some articles).
  2. Article, not forum, attachments need to be re-attached (this will keep e busy for a while).
  3. Blog attachments need to be re-attached (this will also keep me busy for a while).
  4. I am creating URL redirect so some of the old URLs / web addresses will still work. Please let me know if you want your favorite thread to still work with the old URL (test to make sure I haven't created it already). 

Notes:

1. Support for the iOS and Android apps has been discontinued.

P.S. I still have access to the old site incase someone thinks they lost something.

Hey, Chris! Any chance of getting a feature from the "old CA" back? How about reinstating numbering the responses to a thread? It gets confusing when you're trying to go back to a response that you are answering and your answer is on a different page. There might be half a dozen posts from that person between the post to which you are responding and your response. The numbering of posts made it very easy to find any post that you are looking for. Thanks.

George

I haven't had any sent for a week now except one this morning that was a recap from yesterday's threads that I visited (all in one notification).  I tried changing a few things, leave it for a day or two then switch back to my normal settings but nothing.  I visit the site at least 3 times daily or more, so I can usually stay on top of things without the the notifications but if someone mentions or responds to me then I might miss out corresponding in a timely manner.

My email Inbox is significantly smaller though :) 

Computer setup - Roon/Qobuz - PS Audio P5 Regenerator - HIFI Rose 250A Streamer - Emotiva XPA-2 Harbeth P3ESR XD - Rel  R-528 Sub

Comfy Chair - Schitt Jotunheim - Meze Audio Empyrean w/Mitch Barnett's Accurate Sound FilterSet

1 hour ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Hi Guys - Let’s get one specific scenario to troubleshoot. 

If I tell them you don’t receive notifications to this specific thread (among others) is that correct?

I only receive 1 email now called a digest of what I've followed from the previous day, which serves no purpose.  Even that email only shows one thread (Headphones  vs. Speakers...) out maybe 20+ that I'm attached to in some way.

14 minutes ago, One and a half said:

This is the second time I've seen this little problem , where an image is cast over the message, and can't read the contents of the post.

Running Chrome on Win10 Pro.

Yeah I've encountered the same thing a few times recently but with an all white image overlaying the post contents.  I think you will find if you click on the image overlay it moves out of the way and you can read the previously obscured text.  It shouldn't be there, but there's a bypass.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

20 minutes ago, One and a half said:

This is the second time I've seen this little problem , where an image is cast over the message, and can't read the contents of the post.

Running Chrome on Win10 Pro.

image.thumb.png.a723420cb012b62af39d7c3c0ef46ece.png

I've seen this several times with embedded YouTube videos on Chrome/Android when the video would be partially clipped by the 5-line limit on the quote box. Clicking where the "read more" link should be makes the box expand and fixes the overlap.