IGNORED

Site Issues, Updates, Changes, and Feedback Thread

Chris: Images (as added in the Album of the Evening thread, which contains many images) were always a reasonable size. Suddenly, they are full page, which seems excessive. Can we go back to reasonable? Thanks.

For my system details, please see my profile. Thank you.

4 hours ago, Guidof said:

Chris: Images (as added in the Album of the Evening thread, which contains many images) were always a reasonable size. Suddenly, they are full page, which seems excessive. Can we go back to reasonable? Thanks.

Hi Guido - I’m trying to find a balance for those who’ve asked for larger (and say it’s the reasonable size) and those who like smaller. 

If we use the previous smaller setting, the image size is capped unless one clicks it. If we use the larger size, one can double-click the image and specify a smaller size to be displayed. I know it isn’t perfect, but at least it provides an option. 

Nothing is permanent. I’ll take another look when I return from the Munich show. 

Thanks for your feedback. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

1 hour ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Hi Guido - I’m trying to find a balance for those who’ve asked for larger (and say it’s the reasonable size) and those who like smaller. 

If we use the previous smaller setting, the image size is capped unless one clicks it. If we use the larger size, one can double-click the image and specify a smaller size to be displayed. I know it isn’t perfect, but at least it provides an option. 

Nothing is permanent. I’ll take another look when I return from the Munich show. 

Thanks for your feedback. 

Jet lag keeping you up, Chris? Pretty late in Munich! ;) 

9 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

When inserting an image from an external URL, it starts out small but can be resized in the editor. Uploaded images can also be resized, but then you get a blurry, scaled-up version of the thumbnail. Having the former of these behaviours for both external and uploaded images would be nice. If that's not possible, perhaps increasing the thumbnail to, say, 400 pixels would be a good compromise. 250 pixels is just too small for modern displays. Even a phone is 4x wider.

There is also the option, rarely used, of attaching images to a post without inserting them inline.

The dCS ad at the top of the page is really intrusive because it keeps changing every 3 seconds.  Thankfully, you can just scroll down so it doesn't drive you completely nuts.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

14 minutes ago, Solstice380 said:

What ad?

You're joking, right?

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

1 hour ago, rickca said:

You're joking, right?

Paid CA members don’t get to see the ads.  This is something I’ve been giving Chris a hard time about for years. :P  I like to see the ads so I stopped paying membership after the first year.

Of couse I can not legitimately complain about this from a manufacturer’s perspective (wanting members to see the ads) since I don’t currently run ads here—or anywhere for that matter! 

[That will change when I ever get caught up and make the time to create a nice ad.  But I admit to taking some pride in our success with zero advertising—just the $8.22/day that we pay for the UpTone-sponsored forum area. B|]

43 minutes ago, rando said:

I'm sure as much as Chris appreciates your patronage he understands the solution is using an adblocker in your browser.  

:ph34r:

Yes, I appreciate everyone's patronage and am very grateful for their contributions. I'd never tell someone what to do, but I encourage people to purchase a subscription if they don't want to see advertisements. Subscriptions help us expand the site and take it to the next level. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

2 hours ago, mansr said:

I understand the need to run ads, but really, two banners at the top is too much.

Does your browser stay at the top of the page for long?

can you explain the issue a bit more to help me understand? For example, is it the number of banners or the amount of space they take up?

4 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Does your browser stay at the top of the page for long?

Depends on what I'm reading. Now if I don't see it, I won't click it. Wouldn't it be better not to make people hurry to the ad-free mid section? I'd never buy any of the advertised products, but I have occasionally clicked an ad out of curiosity. Not going to happen if I quickly scroll the annoyance off-screen.

4 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

can you explain the issue a bit more to help me understand? For example, is it the number of banners or the amount of space they take up?

Right now there are two animated banners at the top of the page. It's annoying. One or the other would be fine.

4 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

is it the number of banners or the amount of space they take up?

not only are there two ads but they take up the entire screen before I scroll!  I'm all for advertising and find the ads here helpful and relevant FWIW.  

edit: That's at 720p monitor resolution - shot of my entire screen.

full.jpeg

Noticed something strange.  When I get on the forum I select "unread content" and select threads that are of interest.  When all the new threads are load and you click on "Load more activity" I get the same last 2 threads multiple times.  I tried it with both Chrome and Firefox on a Win10 system.

image.png.02819d1ceea0be785ebc0255f55613b5.png

Not sure if this has been covered but I couldn't see a solution. 

For the last week or so the type size in my email notifications is tiny and the line length runs off the page which makes reading on my phone almost impossible. Its the same on Laptop but because of the larger and wider screen its okay to read, but still the line length makes for difficult reading. 

Thanks for a great site Chris!

Topaz 2.5Kva Isolation Transformer > EtherRegen switch powered by Paul Hynes SR4 LPS >MacBook Pro 2013 > EC Designs PowerDac SX > TNT UBYTE-2 Speaker cables > Omega Super Alnico Monitors > 2x Rel T Zero Subwoofers.