IGNORED

Site Issues, Updates, Changes, and Feedback Thread

I'm experiencing some very glitchy behavior on Chromium using a W7 desktop.  At first glance it appears to be tied to the post notifications within a thread being viewed. 

At least one instance of a page partially loading new results occurred.  Other behavior has been split second appearance of the popup/noise alert, failure to notify, multiple notifications upon reloading of page, etc associated with some glitch possibly due to an update to the site.  

For sure Chromium.  It was very odd and I've been unable to duplicate the quirky behavior since.  All other sites and functionality seemed normal during some testing I did following.  Likewise I have made no changes to my browser or computer in at least a week.  

Go enjoy your Sunday.  If it happens again I'll let you know but it certainly doesn't seem to be impacting my ability to use the site now.

• 4 weeks later...

Chris- the search function has become pretty useless again. Just doesn’t give useful results most of the time. I thought you had fixed it at one point (maybe on the old site?), but it isn’t so useful now.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

• 2 weeks later...

@The Computer Audiophile I used to receive only a single email notification when new content was posted in a topic I follow, until I revisited the forum, which was perfect. Since a few days however I receive email notifications for *every* new post in topics that I follow, amounting to tens or even hundreds of emails per day. :o So I checked my notification settings and the option "Sent a notification when new content is posted" was selected. Moreover, the option "Only send one email notification  for content I follow until I revisit the community" has disappeared! Why? Can you please restore this notification option? Thanks.

2 hours ago, Abtr said:

@The Computer Audiophile I used to receive only a single email notification when new content was posted in a topic I follow, until I revisited the forum, which was perfect. Since a few days however I receive email notifications for *every* new post in topics that I follow, amounting to tens or even hundreds of emails per day. :o So I checked my notification settings and the option "Sent a notification when new content is posted" was selected. Moreover, the option "Only send one email notification  for content I follow until I revisit the community" has disappeared! Why? Can you please restore this notification option? Thanks.

Hi Abtr - This is frustrating to hear. We updated the site software a few days ago and that must have reset these preferences. We would never do this purposely. As a user of many different sites, I hate when they force me to into something I don't want, such as more emails. 

Happy members of the community is what we are after, and we know changing peoples' preferences doesn't make them happy. If there was a way to reverse this I would do it, but unfortunately it's not possible. 

Sorry for your troubles. Thanks for reporting it. I will be opening a ticket with the software vendor to voice my complaint. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

OK I'm confused. What changed then? Clearly, it's not being honored, since I now get a notification on every post.

I double checked - this is what the follow thread dialog looks like:

image.thumb.png.0d2ef147b0cbeeee596269334498986a.png

And you then have to click through "Change how the notification is sent"

Wasn't the option to "Only send one email notification for content I follow until I revisit the community" previously on the same  screen?

2 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Looks like it’s still there.

A9B9A526-EFE9-4A30-B906-E10D91D4F8B1.jpeg

Hi Chris,
I'm 100% sure that the removed option stated literally: "Only send one email notification for content I follow until I revisit the community." This is the default notification behavior of other fora I visit and it was the notification behavior I selected in my settings. It worked just like it says; you receive one notification per topic until you sign in again. I find this very useful. The option: "A notification when new content is posted," sends notifications of *all posts in all topics you follow*, whether or not you are signed in. I can't see why anyone would select this option, it's pretty useless and you will receive a lot of emails from CA..

1 hour ago, Abtr said:

Hi Chris,
I'm 100% sure that the removed option stated literally: "Only send one email notification for content I follow until I revisit the community." This is the default notification behavior of other fora I visit and it was the notification behavior I selected in my settings. It worked just like it says; you receive one notification per topic until you sign in again. I find this very useful. The option: "A notification when new content is posted," sends notifications of *all posts in all topics you follow*, whether or not you are signed in. I can't see why anyone would select this option, it's pretty useless and you will receive a lot of emails from CA..

Maybe I don’t get it, but isn’t what you want available with this option from my screenshot?

B24FEECA-3858-4558-91D6-91DB77585B9A.jpeg

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

3 minutes ago, Abtr said:

No. The option from your screenshot (send a notification when new content is posted) sends a notification of *all* new content in all topics that you follow, always. Just try it.. The option that was removed (only send one email notification for content I follow until I revisit the community) would, *after you sign out*, only send notifications of the first new post  in the topics I follow. Until I sign in again, no further notifications of additional new content will be sent. This greatly reduces the number of notifications, yet it informs me of all forum activity I may be interested in.

This is the standard email notification scheme of many forums. I'm surprised you don't know this. What notification setting do you use? Maybe you never sign out from CA (or other forums). When I'm signed out, I want to receive only one notification of the first new content/post per topic, until I sign in again.

BTW, I have now selected the option: "Do not send me notifications," but I still receive notifications..

Did you see the line in the screenshot that says "Only send one email notification for content I follow until I revisit the community"

B24FEECA-3858-4558-91D6-91DB77585B9A.jpeg

Chris, 

Let's turn this around to what is actually happening. Take this example: I subscribe to the HQ Player thread.

1. My account notification settings

image.thumb.png.702ff9d4f19d4e31cfd8c8af4594c59c.png

2. The notification settings for the thread

image.thumb.png.b5257a6072e7c0227cb2dcd05a7c6091.png

3. Example of notifications

image.thumb.png.ccd89fc8cb01c546ccfec20f5c14eb85.png

Based on my settings in 1. and 2., I should have only received the one email notification at 4:47am. So the fact that I received the second notification at 4:48 suggests that the site is not honoring my setting in 1.

Just wondering what is going on!

So the notification preference setting "only send one email notification for content I follow until I revisit the community" is present and it is checked in my settings, but it no longer works. I still receive notifications for all new content in all topics that I follow. Also, if I select the option "Do not send me notifications," I keep receiving notifications..