1 hour ago, mozes said:

Congrats! I am glad these cables work for you. I just use BJC 6a cables and I think they are great value. 

Thanks Moussa! ?

I am sure BJC Cat 6a is a great ethernet cable. Many people swear by them here on CA. However, it would be interesting to know just how much the JSSG (John Swenson Shield Ground) loop adds to the mix.

So far I can only confirm that this IS the best Ethernet cable I have ever tried in my setup. I have tried many Ethernet cables (Supra, Audioquest, Chord, QED etc) but not any BJC cables.

PS. For people not aware about the JSSG loop it is is simply a cable shield that is not connected to any of the plugs. Instead there is a drain wire loop that runs along the shield. In other words it is the perfect shielded cable for a unshielded cable beleiver like me! ? DS.

🎛️  Audio System  

1 minute ago, mozes said:

Very interesting and not expensive as well. I may order one to try vs the BJC and see if this is better.

Considering the high quality Metz plugs, Belden 1303E CatSnake, the JSSG loop and the top notch workmanship of the cable I would say the Ghent Audio ET02 is great value. Note though that 15cm & 50cm as I use is the same price as 1meter.

🎛️  Audio System  

2 hours ago, Cornan said:

Considering the high quality Metz plugs, Belden 1303E CatSnake, the JSSG loop and the top notch workmanship of the cable I would say the Ghent Audio ET02 is great value. Note though that 15cm & 50cm as I use is the same price as 1meter.

Now I'm intrigued!

What is the difference between T568A and T568B?

43 minutes ago, Cornan said:

T568A is a cross-over cable. Here is an overview https://acuitysupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/210113548-What-is-the-difference-between-T568A-T568B-

I ordered T568B.

Thanks for the link, Michal.

It's actually not as simple. From that link, it appears the two standards define the pin assignment to the different color wires. You can have straight through cables with either standard. And you can make a crossover by putting A on one end and B on the other.

It seems like it shouldn't matter which one you get on Ghent's site as long as he doesn't wire them as crossover.

Just weird that he'd even offer a choice, never seen that with Supra or BJC.

34 minutes ago, austinpop said:

Thanks for the link, Michal.

It's actually not as simple. From that link, it appears the two standards define the pin assignment to the different color wires. You can have straight through cables with either standard. And you can make a crossover by putting A on one end and B on the other.

It seems like it shouldn't matter which one you get on Ghent's site as long as he doesn't wire them as crossover.

Just weird that he'd even offer a choice, never seen that with Supra or BJC.

It probably makes no difference either. I just choosed T568B based om that site. I have'nt seen that choise before either. ?

🎛️  Audio System  

2 hours ago, Cornan said:

Yesturday I bought this funky Telefunken Hit 2000 LS for my 7 year old kid (borrowed picture, but exactly the same one and in same great condition). I got it for EUR 20 and ordered two A25-1 cartridge needles for it for roughly EUR 10.

352-b-big.thumb.jpg.762138fe3130ef998ce1d3369e3398da.jpg

I am amazed that no-one in his age knows what vinyl records or turntables is anymore, so this is my way to educate my own son! :D

Next weekend we will go to the record store together. They have a lot of second hand vinyl records for kids for around EUR 1-2/pc.

Does it sound good? Nah, but that´s not the point. It sounds good enough for my son and it is a extremely cheap investment  to get him interested in hifi & music! ;)

BTW. On September 2 we will go to our first live concert together here in Gothenburg! :)

Gbg_HUNDRALAPPEN_BANNER_FB.thumb.png.4a30d394564160be0b81107d3c3b2a6e.png

Lovely an audiophile in the making :)

Got some time to listen some more to my brand new Ghent Audio ET02s. What really strikes me most is how much more details, air, 3D and depht I hear on low volumes with the ET02s. It is like all the great sound I have got at -40dB before have been squeezed into -50dB volume level. The treble edgyness is all gone now. All the frequencies are silky smooth. Background is pitch matt black, almost like it is not there at all. The music is arrising from the depth with crystal clear notes. Even the bass is heavy on low volume.

Listening to the great sounding album "Slush Hours" by Phlake and get knots all over my body with only -50dB volume. Amazing! ?

http://tidal.com/album/60983727

a7872eef0ef9c37f0afd9f31e3b8f039691ec152.thumb.jpg.c2779ca11a4f3a6d89832d95a7f47ed8.jpg

Now I am definately sold on the JSSG route and are starting to plan to change out all of my DIY Canare 4S6 cables to Ghent Audio Canare 4S6 with JSSG as well. ?

🎛️  Audio System  

15 minutes ago, Cornan said:

Now I am definately sold on the JSSG route and are starting to plan to change out all of my DIY Canare 4S6 cables to Ghent Audio Canare 4S6 with JSSG as well. ?

I dont see mention of JSSG on the Ghent website for the DC cables.  Is that a special order?  What would be the additional cost?

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

6 minutes ago, tboooe said:

I dont see mention of JSSG on the Ghent website for the DC cables.  Is that a special order?  What would be the additional cost?

Yes, it is a special order, but I have'nt asked him yet. Ghent is a very nice and cooperative guy. I am 100% sure he can make it if it is physically possible. I will let you know his reply when I've got one! ?

🎛️  Audio System  

@tboooe

I have sent an e-mail to Ghent Xu now asking for Canare 4S6 DC cables with JSSG loop. However, I have asked for 4mm banana plugs to DC plug (Please note! not neccessarily Oyiade plugs since I am not a beleiver in high quality DC plugs. I simply never heard any difference between Oyiade and screw terminal DC plugs myself). I will let you know his reply.

🎛️  Audio System  

Just now, Cornan said:

@tboooe

I have sent an e-mail to Ghent Xu now asking for Canare 4S6 DC cables with JSSG loop. However, I have asked for 4mm banana plugs to DC plug (Please note! not neccessarily Oyiade plugs since I am not a beleiver in high quality DC plugs. I simple never heard any difference between Oyiade and screw terminal DC plugs myself). I will let you know his reply.

Thank you very much!  I look forward to the reply.

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

6 minutes ago, Cornan said:

@tboooe

I have sent an e-mail to Ghent Xu now asking for Canare 4S6 DC cables with JSSG loop. However, I have asked for 4mm banana plugs to DC plug (Please note! not neccessarily Oyiade plugs since I am not a beleiver in high quality DC plugs. I simply never heard any difference between Oyiade and screw terminal DC plugs myself). I will let you know his reply.

Is the JSSG needed?? I thought that the Canare 4S6 starquad accomplished the same thing a JSSG cable would on a non-starquad ?? 

Just now, agladstone said:

@Cornan you will love it!! 

I'm 100% sure I will! ? My only concern right now is which USB cable to use between Aries Mini and ISORegen? My beloved Elijah Audio K-Lite 500 will not work without injection (which I do not want to use). The extra USPCB I have is too short. I might need to dig out my Vertere Pulse D-Fi USB cable until I decide what I want to buy...or maybe try the Ghent Audio USB cable with JSSG? ?

🎛️  Audio System  

Now after reading your comments on the Ghent Ethernet cable, looks like I'm going to have to order some!! 

So, I use the Baask passive Ethernet Isolators, so I definitely need 2 of them from router/switch to my Aurender. Should I also order another one to go from Cable

Modem to router/switch? (So that entire chain from modem to router /switch to Aurender music server is all Ghent Ethernet w/JSSG? 

8 minutes ago, agladstone said:

Is the JSSG needed?? I thought that the Canare 4S6 starquad accomplished the same thing a JSSG cable would on a non-starquad ?? 

I would'nt be sure until I try IRL! ? The ET02 surely made me curious enough to feel the urge to gamble with Canare 4S6 DC cables as well! ?

🎛️  Audio System  

16 minutes ago, agladstone said:

Now after reading your comments on the Ghent Ethernet cable, looks like I'm going to have to order some!! 

So, I use the Baask passive Ethernet Isolators, so I definitely need 2 of them from router/switch to my Aurender. Should I also order another one to go from Cable

Modem to router/switch? (So that entire chain from modem to router /switch to Aurender music server is all Ghent Ethernet w/JSSG? 

I can highly recommend the ET02s. They truly shine in my setup! ?

I am not completely sure you'll need the Ethernet isolator with the ET02s. Remember that the plugs is not connected to shield/ground. I am using no Ethernet isolators in my setup, but do block DC and float all my grounds.

🎛️  Audio System  

3 minutes ago, Cornan said:

I'm 100% sure I will! ? My only concern right now is which USB cable to use between Aries Mini and ISORegen? My beloved Elijah Audio K-Lite 500 will not work without injection (which I do not want to use). The extra USPCB I have is too short. I might need to dig out my Vertere Pulse D-Fi USB cable until I decide what I want to buy...or maybe try the Ghent Audio USB cable with JSSG? ?

I have tried MANY / every possible combination imaginable of USB cables and combinations with and without USPCB and this is where I have settled as best as of now :

USPCB out of Aurender music server into ISO Regen (powered as of now w/HDPLEX 100 but will buy a 2nd LPS-1 for it soon) -> out of ISO into IFI Micro iUSB with a Canare split Highspeed 2.0 USB cable (700CM) (IFI Micro powered by LPS-1 -> 2nd USPCB (90degree) -> Mytek Brooklyn DAC. 

Trust me, I've tried about 100 different combinations and configurations- this is the best sounding by far , however I'm positive it will be even better once I get a 2nd LPS-1 for the ISO Regen. 

FYI, I did try (and now have for sale if anyone wants it) a Ghent USB JSSG silver /Teflon etc split Y cable and in my system it does not sound as good as the combination of the USPCB (directly in Brooklyn DAC and directly out of Aurender and with the Cardas USB cable in-between). 

If I had a 3rd USPCB I could experiment with all USPCB's, but I don't think I could live with it after experimentation because having my entire chain from Aurender to ISO to IFi Micro to brooklyn all together in a row would not only be very difficult due to all the height differences, but also because it would be very long and need to be sideways in my rack and I would not be able to see either Aurender or Brooklyn display's