3 hours ago, Cornan said:

I actually noticed that my first USPCB sounded a bit harsh post my Regen Amber initially. It is all gone now though.

2 hours ago, agladstone said:

Are you now using any USPCB's (like one of them?), or have you gone to none ? (Just curious because I'm finding it difficult to decide if they're better, the same, or worse than my Cardas USB cables - I know at least thus far at least a combo of the Cardas USB cable in addition to a USPCB sound better than all

USPCB's , but none at all vs a combination of USB Cables and a USPCB is what I just can't seem to decide upon yet?? 

I'm using only one at present after the ISO R into my Wavio USB to SPDIF board and Yes it could be a question of burn in with using 2.

Topaz 2.5Kva Isolation Transformer > EtherRegen switch powered by Paul Hynes SR4 LPS >MacBook Pro 2013 > EC Designs PowerDac SX > TNT UBYTE-2 Speaker cables > Omega Super Alnico Monitors > 2x Rel T Zero Subwoofers. 

@tapatrick

BTW. Do you have a case for the WaveIO board? I would appreciate any pictures of how it looks or a link to a suitable case.

I am thinking of starting a new B setup project. The WaveIO might be a suitable candidate if that project gets realized in the near future. 

I am currently torn how to proceed in my B setup? I really want to simplify this setup so anyone in my family can play music through the speakers without me helping them out. Right now I am thinking to buy a second hand Bang & Olufsen Beocenter 2 (quite affordable second hand right now) and connect my Chromecast Audio to it. I would then be able to play all my stored +1000 CDs as well plus Tidal.

indigo_2.thumb.jpg.76d6c6f10373747761b8ff365b922987.jpg

However, if I choose to continue to be the only one in my family that knows how to play music the WaveIO would be an interesting device to have in order to get my B setup to the next level without spending too much money. I will then probably dig up my Win 10 Pro PC and start with JplayStreamer/Fidelizer Pro/Process Lasso again, leaving my ChromeCast Audio for travelling purposes alone.

🎛️  Audio System  

2 hours ago, Cornan said:

If I would choose any USB to (I2S) Spdif converter it would be the Luckit WaveIO USB board http://luckit.biz/. A really great design IMO! :)

1 hour ago, Cornan said:

@tapatrick

BTW. Do you have a case for the WaveIO board? I would appreciate any pictures of how it looks or a link to a suitable case.

Yes @Cornan the Luckit Wavio board is really special, as mentioned I am using it with the SPDIF output as I could'nt get the I2S output to work with my Aqua La Voce DAC. Seems it needs something adjusting inside the DAC to get the I2S to coordinate properly.  

Lucian is developing a new SPDIF only board which I have ordered. See: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digital-line-level/304537-bluwave-usb-spdif-bridge-miniature-beauty-11.html  He's making a limited edition with the latest NDK oscillators and mentions it in post #107. Its in development and not perfected yet but I'm willing to give it a try as his Wavio board is amazing in my system.

I don't have it in a case yet, as I'm still playing around with it as I just added an LT3045 5v regulator to step down 7v from an LPS-1. This adds a serious uptick in the sound quality. I did use a small diy metal case from Maplins which needed drilling, they do different sizes but can't find the link at present. I can update later if you can't find them.

Topaz 2.5Kva Isolation Transformer > EtherRegen switch powered by Paul Hynes SR4 LPS >MacBook Pro 2013 > EC Designs PowerDac SX > TNT UBYTE-2 Speaker cables > Omega Super Alnico Monitors > 2x Rel T Zero Subwoofers. 

13 minutes ago, tapatrick said:

Yes @Cornan the Luckit Wavio board is really special, as mentioned I am using it with the SPDIF output as I could'nt get the I2S output to work with my Aqua La Voce DAC. Seems it needs something adjusting inside the DAC to get the I2S to coordinate properly.  

Lucian is developing a new SPDIF only board which I have ordered. See: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digital-line-level/304537-bluwave-usb-spdif-bridge-miniature-beauty-11.html  He's making a limited edition with the latest NDK oscillators and mentions it in post #107. Its in development and not perfected yet but I'm willing to give it a try as his Wavio board is amazing in my system.

I don't have it in a case yet, as I'm still playing around with it as I just added an LT3045 5v regulator to step down 7v from an LPS-1. This adds a serious uptick in the sound quality. I did have a small diy metal case from Maplins which needed drilling, they do different sizes but can't find the link at present. I can update later if you can't find them.

Wow, that new board look amazing! :) I simply love everything about it, but especially the clear isolation boundaries between the USB receiver and the output. How much is it? EUR99?

🎛️  Audio System  

10 minutes ago, Cornan said:

@tapatrick

Never mind. I have just contacted Lucian and told him that I am interested to buy a BluWave. I will have find a way to use it sooner or later. It´s too interesting to resist! :)

Cool @Cornan hard to resist indeed. There are a lot of new devices coming out but Lucians bang for buck is not marginal with a little diy. I think the Bluewave is currently 89 euros. 

Look up the LT3045s too..:)

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/252951737282?_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIC.MBE&ao=2&asc=43781&meid=f8eded7f86594674948db0bc9c6e0398&pid=100623&rk=3&rkt=6&sd=121987220134&_trksid=p2047675.c100623.m-1&_mwBanner=1

22 minutes ago, tapatrick said:

Cool @Cornan hard to resist indeed. There are a lot of new devices coming out but Lucians bang for buck is not marginal with a little diy. I think the Bluewave is currently 89 euros. 

Look up the LT3045s too..:)

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/252951737282?_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIC.MBE&ao=2&asc=43781&meid=f8eded7f86594674948db0bc9c6e0398&pid=100623&rk=3&rkt=6&sd=121987220134&_trksid=p2047675.c100623.m-1&_mwBanner=1

If it´s still EUR 89 it is a truly great value! :)  I just wish he made it a little easier purchase though. Now, I´ll just have to wait until he confirms I guess? :ph34r:

Thanks for the link, but I already Google about the LT3045 and the NZ2520SDA before I decided to order the BluWave! ;)

🎛️  Audio System  

1 hour ago, Cornan said:

If it´s still EUR 89 it is a truly great value! :)  I just wish he made it a little easier purchase though. Now, I´ll just have to wait until he confirms I guess? :ph34r:

Thanks for the link, but I already Google about the LT3045 and the NZ2520SDA before I decided to order the BluWave! ;)

??

I just asked Lucian at Luckit if he could add screw terminals to the 5v input and the Spdif outputs of the BluWave. It will make it much easier if I want to experimant with different cables. I will start using it in my B setup in a chain like this:

BubbleDS Next>>D-Link DAP1620 Wireless adapter>30 cm Cat 6a U/UTP>D-Link DSG-105 network switch>30cm Cat 6a U/UTP>W10 laptop w/Jplaystreamer>USPCB>Regen Amber>USB cable>BluWave>Digital Coaxial cable>Oehlbach DAC40>Ghent Audio B05A>Hosa GLT-255 ground lifters>Monkey Banana Turbo 5>DH-Labs SSPP>Perfect Power Ultra IT.

That should be a major bump in SQ in my B setup, but I´ll need to order 5 Gopherts to make it shine. I´ll probably start with the laptop and the Regen with Gopherts and the remaining devices (DAC/BluWave/Switch) on battery power to keep my finances in harmony. :ph34r:

🎛️  Audio System  

8 hours ago, Cornan said:

Here is a new picture of my music corner (A setup).

IMG_6547.thumb.JPG.c329da7e87fbd1e370a815d07eb34aa7.JPG

It is funny! I do not think that anyone except my family would ever beleive how many hours I have spent improving this corner. ?

Thats a great corner, enjoy the fruits of your hard work! 

I did a quick test a couple of days ago to validate if battery is still the best to power an ethernet switch. My current switch is powered by a cheapo eBay 12v battery, so I replaced it with the flagship LPS from Nimitra and used a 14AWG OCC Furutech 50 cm dc wire with oyaide plug. Using Tidal the sound took a steep dip, very harsh, thin and flat. Simply unlistenable! Switching back to the battery restored the gloriuous sound again. @Cornan already confirmed this and just wanted to share my consistent finding. I think it has to do with a leakage loops. Soon I will replace the switch with a 5v one and then I will compare the battery to an LPS-1 and I think the LPS-1 will easily win here

1 hour ago, Cornan said:

I just asked Lucian at Luckit if he could add screw terminals to the 5v input and the Spdif outputs of the BluWave. It will make it much easier if I want to experimant with different cables. I will start using it in my B setup in a chain like this:

BubbleDS Next>>D-Link DAP1620 Wireless adapter>30 cm Cat 6a U/UTP>D-Link DSG-105 network switch>30cm Cat 6a U/UTP>W10 laptop w/Jplaystreamer>USPCB>Regen Amber>USB cable>BluWave>Digital Coaxial cable>Oehlbach DAC40>Ghent Audio B05A>Hosa GLT-255 ground lifters>Monkey Banana Turbo 5>DH-Labs SSPP>Perfect Power Ultra IT.

That should be a major bump in SQ in my B setup, but I´ll need to order 5 Gopherts to make it shine. I´ll probably start with the laptop and the Regen with Gopherts and the remaining devices (DAC/BluWave/Switch) on battery power to keep my finances in harmony. :ph34r:

Nice!

2 minutes ago, mozes said:

I did a quick test a couple of days ago to validate if battery is still the best to power an ethernet switch. My current switch is powered by a cheapo eBay 12v battery, so I replaced it with the flagship LPS from Nimitra and used a 14AWG OCC Furutech 50 cm dc wire with oyaide plug. Using Tidal the sound took a steep dip, very harsh, thin and flat. Simply unlistenable! Switching back to the battery restored the gloriuous sound again. @Cornan already confirmed this and just wanted to share my consistent finding. I think it has to do with a leakage loops. Soon I will replace the switch with a 5v one and then I will compare the battery to an LPS-1 and I think the LPS-1 will easily win here

Thanks @mozes

One more thing to add, in audio we shouldn't generalize our findings about a certain component. The reason is that the context of the test impacts the performance. In my case I found the same LPS to be clearly superior to the same battery when powering my tX-USB ultra or the Nimitra server. 

I also forgot to mention that I have two ethernet isolators installed in series after my switch (Baaske+Acoustic Revive). Obviously these two isolators failed to address the deleterious effect of the LPS.

6 minutes ago, mozes said:

Thanks for sharing Moussa! :)

Network switches are indeed extremely sensitive to leakage loops, ground loops and possibly static electricity as well. The only thing that was better than using battery was when powering the switch with dual floats, ie. floating PSU into a IT with floating secondary. I am pretty sure the LPS-1 will improve upon the battery.

🎛️  Audio System  

5 hours ago, Cornan said:

@tapatrick

Hi @Cornan in case you are interested here is a link to some metal project boxes which could work for Wavio/Bluewave boards. 

https://www.maplin.co.uk/c/components/electronics-components/project-boxes-enclosures/metal-boxes

I'll be using one when I work out a final(!) configuration with board and LT3045 regulator before dc input. Good luck with your B setup tweaks.. :) the fun never ends...

1 minute ago, tapatrick said:

Hi @Cornan in case you are interested here is a link to some metal project boxes which could work for Wavio/Bluewave boards. 

https://www.maplin.co.uk/c/components/electronics-components/project-boxes-enclosures/metal-boxes

I'll be using one when I work out a final(!) configuration with board and LT3045 regulator before dc input. Good luck with your B setup tweaks.. :) the fun never ends...

Thanks tapatrick, it will come in handy later on. As you´ve seen I have already started to plan for it´s arrival, even before I´ve got a order confirmation! I´ll guess that was it with the Beocenter 2! :D

🎛️  Audio System  

2 minutes ago, mozes said:

One more thing to add, in audio we shouldn't generalize our findings about a certain component. The reason is that the context of the test impacts the performance. In my case I found the same LPS to be clearly superior to the same battery when powering my tX-USB ultra or the Nimitra server. 

I also forgot to mention that I have two ethernet isolators installed in series after my switch (Baaske+Acoustic Revive). Obviously these two isolators failed to address the deleterious effect of the LPS.

That indeed is very true. Just saw someone on another thread say the Aqvox switch had no impact in their system where as I found it massive. You never know until its tried plus a lot of research. I'm using the supplied Aqvox power supply for my switch and have yet to experiment with other supplies/batteries. Thanks for the tip...

6 minutes ago, mozes said:

Exactly the way I´ve noticed many times. In certain configurations the same gears can really destroy the sound. When I recently robbed my B setup on the Gopherts and got back to all battery the whole setup sounded aweful in comparence. It sounded flat. With some minor changes with different battery packs I got it to sounds alright, but I do miss the Gopherts a lot. I am sure it will be enough to change out just one of the batteries to a Gophert to get back to a good sounding B setup again. It just a matter of experimenting back and forth to find the optimal spots.

🎛️  Audio System  

11 minutes ago, tapatrick said:

That indeed is very true. Just saw someone on another thread say the Aqvox switch had no impact in their system where as I found it massive. You never know until its tried plus a lot of research. I'm using the supplied Aqvox power supply for my switch and have yet to experiment with other supplies/batteries. Thanks for the tip...

The AQVOX made a big improvement in my system with Tidal. Of course setting it up correctly and using some tweaks takes it to the other level

7 minutes ago, Cornan said:

Exactly the way I´ve noticed many times. In certain configurations the same gears can really destroy the sound. When I recently robbed my B setup on the Gopherts and got back to all battery the whole setup sounded aweful in comparence. It sounded flat. With some minor changes with different battery packs I got it to sounds alright, but I do miss the Gopherts a lot. I am sure it will be enough to change out just one of the batteries to a Gophert to get back to a good sounding B setup again. It just a matter of experimenting back and forth to find the optimal spots.

Why did you remove the Gopherts? Is it because you want to use them in the A setup?