15 minutes ago, Cornan said:

I would be happy to buy you one for SEK 2000 and send it to you plus freight charges if you're interested? I can also keep an eye open for a second hand unit that usually goes for SEK 1200 - 1500, but that might take a while. Silver Minimus usually goes for SEK 2500, but if it turns up I will grab it myself! ?

Yeah keep an eye out for used and let me know. Thanks for the offer!

9 hours ago, Middy said:

Not much to see but I believe it's sounding better replacing the caps with what I think are better quality. I have 1 more to fit coming Friday from Digi-Key US For the 5600uf cap.

If anything they are newer caps so that helps I believe and 75ns diodes in the rectifier bridge seems to help. EE guys probably would have a fit at me. 

Another lesson learned with lead free though. Flood the joint with silver lead solder first then remove with wick. Reducing the iron time as it melts faster than just lead free....

Also heat the board up with a hairdryer heat gun ...Less than 80oc ish. But heat up the solder wick as well and jump in fast. Liquid flux helps...

More tips than effects of sound but when the last cap comes and 2 days listening I can judge the final result.

20170621_204526.jpg

20170621_194141.jpg

20170621_194128.jpg

20170621_170032.jpg

I envy your soldering skills! I do want to change the caps in my Gopherts, but are still too scared to make that dream come true. Only my soldering skills are stopping me to try! ?

🎛️  Audio System  

1 hour ago, Cornan said:

I received the Aucharm grounding box today. No cable was delivered, so I did my own which I installed in my B setup.

IMG_6080.thumb.JPG.b65067c3584cd4d427762154c4ffc82c.JPG

Aucharm is connected to the D-Link DSG-105 Network switch plus the additional connection to my pocket router. I changed my DIY battery/tourmaline grounder to take care of the DC terminal ground (Not a final installation. Just to test).

IMG_6078.thumb.JPG.8e753e6f4bb1a2329ac7ee168baa9f43.JPGIMG_6079.thumb.JPG.d1b77fe35792e2d9a1ffaf2e5c9b0de9.JPG

Definately improved, but not as expected. I got a sort of matt presentation that I do like. Still pitch black and deep as before, but it is like a no one have been here before feeling to it all.  Difficult to describe. I'll have to turn up the volume a bit and it takes a lot of volume before it turns fatigue. Before I did only reach roughly 20 dB before it was too high. Now I'll need atleast 30 dB before my GF complains! ? (Mind that I am using two grounding boxes)

Before I installed it in my B setup I did compare it to my Entreq Minimus with same cables. No contest in my setup I'm afraid. Entreq Minimus is the clear winner. In fact Aucharm do not bring the same awesome natural feeling to the music as Entreq does. Very hard to describe, but it is like they are improving different things all together. Aucharm is making it more silent inbetween the tracks and Entreq is enhancing the natural feeling of instruments and voices. Ofcourse this makes me wonder if both together will be optimal? ? I will surely try! ? 

Price vs performance then? Sorry, but it goes to the Minimus as well! In Sweden the Minimus is roughly $200 and the Aucharm ends up at $$120 with import charges. I would pick Entreq Minimus any day!

It did'nt improve anywhere else in my A setup (AC ground, Brooklyn, Gopherts, Naim Powerstrip and Peaktech2240 chassi). None the less it makes a great improvement in my B setup, so I am happy after all! ?

As a final note I must say that it was a completely different feeling to receive the Aucharm and the Minimus. Entreq gave me the thrills and the Aucharm just got me a bit dissapointed in terms of quality of the product. Only by looks and workmanship the Entreq Minimus scores big time. Next grounding box will be a Entreq for sure.

Since I have built my own DIY grounding boxes I know it ain't cheap to build them. Entreq is actually fairly priced in Sweden when you think about the quality work and expensive materials that is going into their products.

Great report @Cornan, Entreq must be doing it right, they have the knowledge and experience to  make it work. It goes beyond putting the material together to have a great grounding box. I am still happy with my Aucharm boxes which I beefed them up with silver wires.

One question, how did you connect your pocket router to the Aucram box?

17 minutes ago, mozes said:

Great report @Cornan, Entreq must be doing it right, they have the knowledge and experience to  make it work. It goes beyond putting the material together to have a great grounding box. I am still happy with my Aucharm boxes which I beefed them up with silver wires.

One question, how did you connect your pocket router to the Aucram box?

Entreq have definately fine-tuned their boxes to bring the best out of them. If you think about it they have done it since 2009. Those years ahead of competitors should really give them the upper hand.

You can see the pocket router connection on my posted picture, posted here as well.

IMG_6078.thumb.JPG.8e753e6f4bb1a2329ac7ee168baa9f43.JPG

The Aucharm connection is the crocodile clip connected to the switch GND screw. The wires (stuck in the crocodile clip) on the right goes to the USB input of the pocket router. The wires is connected to GND and shield pins of the screw terminal USB A plug.

If it did'nt come out right in my report the Aucharm was a great improvement. It was just not the same improvement as Entreq that I am use to and love. It is still a great improvement. Just in another way.

Thanks BTW! ?

🎛️  Audio System  

5 hours ago, TubeMan said:

Thanks,  as I don't know the effect of going away from basic design. I tried a 200V diode from the 100v installed. 

The faster being 600v. 

I did think about FG higher grade audio type Caps. But stuck to the power principal of ESR ripple impedance.

Feeding my MytekBrooklyn. 

As Cornan now knows the Quad cable really helped, I hoped a faster bridge diodes and higher spec same uf cap value. Hopefully less ripple smoother DC... But I am just guessing O.o

Thank you for the input though really appreciated..

Really I am playing top trumps comparing data sheets to whats in the SBOOSTER LPS....

Good luck

Dave :D

51 minutes ago, Cornan said:

Entreq have definately fine-tuned their boxes to bring the best out of them. If you think about it they have done it since 2009. Those years ahead of competitors should really give them the upper hand.

You can see the pocket router connection on my posted picture, posted here as well.

IMG_6078.thumb.JPG.8e753e6f4bb1a2329ac7ee168baa9f43.JPG

The Aucharm connection is the crocodile clip connected to the switch GND screw. The wires (stuck in the crocodile clip) on the right goes to the USB input of the pocket router. The wires is connected to GND and shield pins of the screw terminal USB A plug.

If it did'nt come out right in my report the Aucharm was a great improvement. It was just not the same improvement as Entreq that I am use to and love. It is still a great improvement. Just in another way.

Thanks BTW! ?

I see got it thanks,

Entreq prices in North America are very high! I prefer to invest in tweaks that have high ROI such as Iso Regen :) 

1 hour ago, Cornan said:

I envy your soldering skills! I do want to change the caps in my Gopherts, but are still too scared to make that dream come true. Only my soldering skills are stopping me to try! ?

An electronics repair shop could swap them I am sure for a cheap price. 

With good soldering equipment 15 minutes work tops especially if you take the PCB out the gophert case yourself.

Just remember if you do power of while plugged in and drain the caps...

22 minutes ago, Middy said:

An electronics repair shop could swap them I am sure for a cheap price. 

With good soldering equipment 15 minutes work tops especially if you take the PCB out the gophert case yourself.

Just remember if you do power of while plugged in and drain the caps...

I wish those electronic repair shops would be still around in Sweden. It is really hard to find good ones these days. If you find them they do not know zip about floating power supplies for sure. I use to have a guy that did all my audiophile soldering jobs a couple of years ago. I used him atleast 2-3 times a year. Now he is gone and I have'nt found anyone to replace him! ?

Vinyl repair shops are still quite easy to find, but I am pretty comfortable in that perticular area! ? I can solder and have reasonable good gears, but it is definately not a part of my CV! ?

🎛️  Audio System  

48 minutes ago, mozes said:

I see got it thanks,

Entreq prices in North America are very high! I prefer to invest in tweaks that have high ROI such as Iso Regen :) 

I hear you! There is so many things I avoid due to money vs performance issues that it would take up a whole thread of its own! ?

🎛️  Audio System  

11 minutes ago, Cornan said:

I wish those electronic repair shops would be still around in Sweden. It is really hard to find good ones these days. If you find them they do not know zip about floating power supplies for sure. I use to have a guy that did all my audiophile soldering jobs a couple of years ago. I used him atleast 2-3 times a year. Now he is gone and I have'nt found anyone to replace him! ?

Vinyl repair shops are still quite easy to find, but I am pretty comfortable in that perticular area! ? I can solder and have reasonable good gears, but it is definately not a part of my CV! ?

I don't know if he is local, but this fellow may be able to help you.

http://sjostromaudio.net/shop/

Pareto Audio aka nuckleheadaudio

1 hour ago, mozes said:

I see got it thanks,

Isn't it a wood box of dirt, coal, iron, copper and crystals?  I wonder how it compares to the Synergistic Research Groundblock.  Roy switched from Entreq to the Groundblock and I checked it out at Axpona this year, but didn't get that warm fuzzy feeling about it.  From what I saw it was just another touch point to the house ground.  Synergistic wasn't too excited to talk about it either.  Granted it's one of their lower priced items.

4 minutes ago, Johnseye said:

Isn't it a wood box of dirt, coal, iron, copper and crystals?

Two out of five is not bad! ? Wood- check and copper- check. Tourmaline stones are not crystals. Sorry, but I'm picky with these things! ?

🎛️  Audio System  

2 minutes ago, Cornan said:

Two out of five is not bad! ? Wood- check and copper- check. Tourmaline stones are not crystals. Sorry, but I'm picky with these things! ?

No dirt or iron?  Not worth it then. ;)

Tourmaline is a crystalline boron silicate mineral.  Sounds like crystal to me, but I'm not so picky.

1 minute ago, Johnseye said:

No dirt or iron?  Not worth it then. ;)

Tourmaline is a crystalline boron silicate mineral.  Sounds like crystal to me, but I'm not so picky.

No dirt and no iron. Tourmaline is still quartz stones I'm afraid! ?

🎛️  Audio System  

Just now, Johnseye said:

Isn't a gemstone a piece of crystal?

We are way off topic...

That's the beauty of tweaks. You're almost never off topic! ?

Check tourmaline stones out. They are quite useful in many different areas. Take a tourmaline bath to get a truly soft skin, use them in a hairdryer to get rid of antistatic charges, use them in ionizers to get negatively charged air etc. Have fun tweaking! ?

🎛️  Audio System  

1 hour ago, TubeMan said:

Something to try on Canare starquad

https://www.stereophile.com/content/power-cables-seriously

at least it makes me curious

I have read that cryogenic freezing actually works on all type of cables, valves and even audio devices. Not all materials (like some paper, plastic and teflon materials) can handle cryogenic freezing though. Ones you've done it there is no turning back. Not all people like what it does for SQ.

Here is an interesting contact spray that I been interested to try out for a while (and have still not tried it). The Acoustic Revive ECI-100 http://www.akkelisaudio.com/tweaks-tillbehor/acoustic-revive-eci-100.html 

eci100.thumb.jpg.f72e8a465bbafbc29dcc1bc2c0f20cf5.jpg

It is not just a simple cleaner! https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_Yo_yYUxF7yYl9fUmMxMWNNejQ/view?usp=drivesdk

🎛️  Audio System