5 hours ago, Cornan said:

Thanks Middy!

I might end up with a ISORegen (or ISORegen) in the end, but I am in no hurry. I can wait until I can get my hands on one right away! :)

I will say it loud and clear. An Iso-Regen is a MUST! there is no other component I can think of that gave me this SQ improvement for the price. 

10 minutes ago, mozes said:

I will say it loud and clear. An Iso-Regen is a MUST! there is no other component I can think of that gave me this SQ improvement for the price. 

Moussa, you have both an ISO REGEN and a tX-USBultra, right?  I know you like them in combination.

Have you ever tried the ISO REGEN on its own compared to the tX-USBultra on its own?  I have an ISO REGEN, but I'm curious how it compares to the tX-USBultra.

What does using both devices together give you that the individual components don't?

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

3 minutes ago, rickca said:

Moussa, you have both an ISO REGEN and a tX-USBultra, right?  I know you like them in combination.

Have you ever tried the ISO REGEN on its own compared to the tX-USBultra on its own?  I have an ISO REGEN, but I'm curious how it compares to the tX-USBultra.

What does using both devices together give you that the individual components don't?

I still haven't done that A/B testing. I am traveling this week. But all I can say is that the combo makes everything better. The music becomes so lifelike. 

I have shorted my VR mini because of too many testings :) so It is on its way to Vinnie now. The system is off till I get it back.

1 hour ago, mozes said:

I still haven't done that A/B testing. I am traveling this week. But all I can say is that the combo makes everything better. The music becomes so lifelike. 

I have shorted my VR mini because of too many testings :) so It is on its way to Vinnie now. The system is off till I get it back.

Bummer! ? How did that happen? A DC cable issue? I hope you get it back soon.

🎛️  Audio System  

12 minutes ago, Cornan said:

Bummer! ? How did that happen? A DC cable issue? I hope you get it back soon.

Clumsiness from my side removing the DC cable before powering it down, so the  banana connectors touched each and then I saw a spark and that's it :) 

9 minutes ago, austinpop said:

Not at all. I was just pointing your experimenter eyes in new directions!

I wish clock improvements were not so expensive. 

Thanks for the pointer! I wish clock improvements was cheaper or easier to implement as well. A DIY clock mod could be a fun project for my Regen Amber if I only understood how-to! ?

🎛️  Audio System  

15 minutes ago, mozes said:

Clumsiness from my side removing the DC cable before powering it down, so the  banana connectors touched each and then I saw a spark and that's it :) 

Something similar happened to me yesterday. I got a spark when connecting my Aries Mini to the powered Gophert, but luckily no short. ?

🎛️  Audio System  

5 minutes ago, Cornan said:

Something similar happened to me yesterday. I got a spark when connecting my Aries Mini to the powered Gophert, but luckily no short. ?

Luckily I have Vinnie with the best customer service I can think of. He responded to my email same day on a Sunday and asked me to send it so he can check it. I like to buy from small manufacturers directly, they really offer value!

6 hours ago, austinpop said:

@Superdad just posted this on the ISO-R thread, and it is one of John's gems that is germane to this discussion.

Interesting, but I cannot actually find that post. Your link is to yet another great post by JS. Is it about their ethernet device?

🎛️  Audio System  

10 hours ago, Cornan said:

Interesting, but I cannot actually find that post. Your link is to yet another great post by JS. Is it about their ethernet device?

No, No - this is the post.

He talks about the factors determining USB SQ, from leakage loops, to clock phase noise. So everything matters, but leakage loops are one aspect of the full picture.

Sorry - preaching to the choir, I know!

2 hours ago, austinpop said:

No, No - this is the post.

He talks about the factors determining USB SQ, from leakage loops, to clock phase noise. So everything matters, but leakage loops are one aspect of the full picture.

Sorry - preaching to the choir, I know!

It was a great post to read! ? Even if he have posted all of it elsewhere in different posts it is great to have so many good points in a single post. It would be great if it was possible to save posts like that in a "Read it later" folder or add it as a sticky post here on CA.

BTW. I have started the work to sum up my findings in this thread. Still a work in progress... ?

🎛️  Audio System  

I feel like a little kid on Christmas eve! This morning I found out that my favorite group have releasted a new album on Tidal. For sure this will be a part of my new limited Vinyl collection as well! :)

alt-j-relaxer-album-artwork.jpg?quality=

https://tidal.com/album/74541627

They always produce truly great albums. This is no exception. Enjoy!

I am expecting the Fostex and my Ariston RD 40 to arrive today. Yay! :)

🎛️  Audio System  

Ofcourse I had a quick listen. I refuse to draw any firm conclusions just yet, but so far my Pioneer U-05 actually sounds better than Brooklyn DAC to my ears. I will burn-in the Brooklyn and the rewired Fostex TH900 a bit more and change back to all battery supplies to confirm it. The battle is not over just yet! ? 

I am very impressed with the Ariston RD 40 though. I have only a simple but brand new Ortofon OM10 pickup and old aweful RCA turntable cables. The AC mains cable connected to the Peaktech 2240. Still it sounds really good! I wonder how good it will sound when I have changed to Linn LP-12 springs, a better turntable mat, a better record clamp, a better MC cartridge, DIY Canare 4S6 cables with Valab star RCA plugs and separate silver ground cable? Very promising indeed! ?

🎛️  Audio System  

3 minutes ago, Middy said:

Fantastic news..Have a nice night with the lad...:D

Thanks Middy! Make sure to tell me when your wifes big tummy gets emty. I am not only an audiophile. I love kids as well! I know you enough to be confident that you'll be a fun & great dad! ?

🎛️  Audio System  

While my kid fell asleep on the sofa I experimented with the mini grounders on my B setup. Connected to the speakers they actually descreased SQ, making it to sound noticable thin. Trying them on Gophert& DC terminal did'nt make any noticeable difference. Then I tried one connected to the ground receptacle on my Naim powerstrip. It sounded better. Tried a second one as well. Sounded even better. Added the third one on the same strip and yet another small jump in SQ. All three together on the same powerstrip ground receptacle reveils a small amount of background details and maybe add a little more air to the soundstage and perhaps a tiny bit more dynamics. Small changes overall, but atleast I found a place where it do matter. Everywhere else I tried it it did'nt make a noticeable difference or even maked it worse. I am satisfied after all, but I can say for sure that the extent of the SQ cannot compare to tourmaline grounding boxes. I hoped it would, but it did'nt! ?

🎛️  Audio System