I think I have touched many magic buttons in my setup the latest few day. My sound have never ever been this great as it is right now! The image depth is crazy good as if the the depth have gone into the next level. Details that use to be crystal clear is now astonishing! Bass notes that use to be deep and nuanced is now filled with fibers with loads of textures. Mid-range have improved quite a lot and I almost feel releived listening to well known music.

The improved grounding have really revealed my latest changes a lot. The LT3045's, the new ATL starquad and star-earthed PSD, the ATL 8 conductor USB cable with JSSG, new ATL DC starquad cable with JSSG and additional ATL starquad AC mains cables have all contributed to this amazing transformation, that feels like going from 3D to a full blown 4D. I am so so happy and are smiling from ear to ear right now! ?

It looks like the DC sockets will come tomorrow, so I can add the LM317 to the mix during the weekend. I will also see if I can figure out how to ground the DC- output of my Brooklyn DACs internal SMPS to the star-earth receptacle on my PSD.

I am really looking forward to see how that turns out. I feel blessed right now when all the work is so greatly rewarded! ? 

🎛️  Audio System  

5 hours ago, Forehaven said:

Where did you find then tapatrick the HW cap?  All I found was UHW.  

Ah yes they are one and the same. I had the same puzzle and contacted Nichicon to ask. 

Topaz 2.5Kva Isolation Transformer > EtherRegen switch powered by Paul Hynes SR4 LPS >MacBook Pro 2013 > EC Designs PowerDac SX > TNT UBYTE-2 Speaker cables > Omega Super Alnico Monitors > 2x Rel T Zero Subwoofers. 

39 minutes ago, Cornan said:

I think I have touched many magic buttons in my setup the latest few day. My sound have never ever been this great as it is right now! The image depth is crazy good as if the the depth have gone into the next level. Details that use to be crystal clear is now astonishing! Bass notes that use to be deep and nuanced is now filled with fibers with loads of textures. Mid-range have improved quite a lot and I almost feel releived listening to well known music.

The improved grounding have really revealed my latest changes a lot. The LT3045's, the new ATL starquad and star-earthed PSD, the ATL 8 conductor USB cable with JSSG, new ATL DC starquad cable with JSSG and additional ATL starquad AC mains cables have all contributed to this amazing transformation, that feels like going from 3D to a full blown 4D. I am so so happy and are smiling from ear to ear right now! ?

It looks like the DC sockets will come tomorrow, so I can add the LM317 to the mix during the weekend. I will also see if I can figure out how to ground the DC- output of my Brooklyn DACs internal SMPS to the star-earth receptacle on my PSD.

I am really looking forward to see how that turns out. I feel blessed right now when all the work is so greatly rewarded! ? 

Wow diddly! Nice reward @Cornan ?

Topaz 2.5Kva Isolation Transformer > EtherRegen switch powered by Paul Hynes SR4 LPS >MacBook Pro 2013 > EC Designs PowerDac SX > TNT UBYTE-2 Speaker cables > Omega Super Alnico Monitors > 2x Rel T Zero Subwoofers. 

44 minutes ago, lmitche said:

Spent the morning soldering, and early afternoon listening.  Thumbs up on the serial lt3045 solution.  More blackness, image stability and timber are the results here.

Recommended!

Nice!?

2 minutes ago, Cornan said:

Yeah, I am all star strucked right now! This amount of music magic almost makes me giggle like a kid! ?

Happy days! Likewise here, I can’t wait to get home in the evening, clear the decks and have an amazing listening session. Just like when I was younger and  vinyl was king and everyone sat around with closed eyes really listening AND enjoying the sounds ....?

Just now, tapatrick said:

Happy days! Likewise here, I can’t wait to get home in the evening, clear the decks and have an amazing listening session. Just like when I was younger and  vinyl was king and everyone sat around with closed eyes really listening AND enjoying the sounds ....?

Only it’s even better now!

15 minutes ago, tapatrick said:

Really great to hear Patrick! ? This is what it is all about. Finding happiness in the music. Thanks for your great tips. I am really looking forward to receive the BluWave now. 

Luckily I've got a turntable. You're welcome to my place and flip vinyl records any day! ?

🎛️  Audio System  

5 hours ago, TubeMan said:

I can see that it's not many people that recommend Mundorf capacitors ,, a little bit strange for me

Too expensive ?

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

8 hours ago, tapatrick said:

How would you define the effect of low noise on the power input with these regs or are you saying this is not the reason for what is happening?

While lower noise into Regs like these is always beneficial, what is more beneficial is a VERY low output impedance combined with low noise over a wider bandwidth than most generic voltage regulators are capable of.

I would expect that a 1A LT3045 with it's parallel LT3045s, could sound a little better than a single 500mA LT3045 when supplied via a Pre Regulator or fairly low noise power source when powering a device that needed <500mA .

So far, I have only seen brief specifications for the LT3045 , but it could be worthwhile trying them with a larger value electro connected across their output if their specs permit this. The LT 3045 would be designed more for powering low current devices needing a very low noise PSU. They could be ideal for things like Phono Preamps and Preamps needing no more than a +15V supply.

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

3 hours ago, Cornan said:

Congrats @Cornan you made so many changes lately, it is hard to know where the main contribution is coming from :)

52 minutes ago, mozes said:

My switch takes 1A at 5V and is powered by LPS-1. If I want to try two of the LT3045 in series, what output should I order? The LPS-1 max voltage is 7.5V.

I followed most here with a 7v-6v to 5v.  Both will work.

Ryzen 7 2700 PC Server, NUC7CJYH w. 4G Apacer RAM as Renderer/LPS 1.2 - IsoRegen/LPS-1/.2 - Singxer SU-1/LPS1.2 - Holo Spring Level 3 DAC - LTA MicroZOTL MZ2 - Modwright KWA 150 Signature Amp - Tidal Audio Piano's.  

3 hours ago, tapatrick said:

Ah yes they are one and the same. I had the same puzzle and contacted Nichicon to ask. 

Cool, Thanks.  I watched some videos and I think I can swap them out.  I too just finished soldering  up a 6v to 5v which is for my SU1, which is out for repair now.  My very first pcb soldering job and it all went well.  Whew!  ;))

I'm now waiting for more chips and Teradak to go further, and to be  able to actually hear these babies.  So stop saying how great it is lol

Ryzen 7 2700 PC Server, NUC7CJYH w. 4G Apacer RAM as Renderer/LPS 1.2 - IsoRegen/LPS-1/.2 - Singxer SU-1/LPS1.2 - Holo Spring Level 3 DAC - LTA MicroZOTL MZ2 - Modwright KWA 150 Signature Amp - Tidal Audio Piano's.  

Guys

Just remember that the 1A LT3045 PCB is designed for a maximum of 1A, and should not be run at this current , except for short term peaks. It may also need additional heat sinking of the LT3045s when run at fairly high constant currents, unless there is only a quite low voltage differential between Input and Output. e.g. 500mV.

However, when running at such a low Input-Output voltage differential, you may also need to take into account any momentary sags in  output voltage of the PSU supplying it under short term current "spikes"

Alex

7 hours ago, lmitche said:

Spent the morning soldering, and early afternoon listening.  Thumbs up on the serial lt3045 solution.  More blackness, image stability and timber are the results here.

Recommended!

Larry: You are using 2 or 3 regulators? 

8 minutes ago, sig8 said:

Larry: You are using 2 or 3 regulators? 

2 in serial, for the Adnaco and usb card. One 6 volt for Regen with split to 5 volt for DAC vbus injection.

Moved ISO Regen to behind PC feeding lush cable to DAC. Just an incredibly rich dense image with high detail and depth.

Pareto Audio aka nuckleheadaudio

8 hours ago, sandyk said:

While lower noise into Regs like these is always beneficial, what is more beneficial is a VERY low output impedance combined with low noise over a wider bandwidth than most generic voltage regulators are capable of.

I would expect that a 1A LT3045 with it's parallel LT3045s, could sound a little better than a single 500mA LT3045 when supplied via a Pre Regulator or fairly low noise power source when powering a device that needed <500mA .

So far, I have only seen brief specifications for the LT3045 , but it could be worthwhile trying them with a larger value electro connected across their output if their specs permit this. The LT 3045 would be designed more for powering low current devices needing a very low noise PSU. They could be ideal for things like Phono Preamps and Preamps needing no more than a +15V supply.

"but it could be worthwhile trying them with a larger value electro connected across their output if their specs permit this"

I run 4 of  them with a 1000uf ELAN on output sid with very good result,

Feeding my WD Green2,5"HDD,  PPAV4CF-SATA OS disk,  PPAV4USB Card, and XMOS F1 USB-SPDIF conveter