IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

5 minutes ago, One and a half said:

Hmm, so Tidal don't read the reasons for leaving in the form and shotgun cancellations to lure back people, sounds counter intuitive. Warner most likely spent Mega$ on MQA, so Tidal HAVE to use it, or lose a large section of the offering. Rock and hard place. 

Don't go back to Tidal then, let them rot. 

I’d bet Warner didn’t spend much on MQA. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

8 minutes ago, StephenJK said:

That's a standard CD Redbook file.  The 16 bit/44.1 kHz sample rate gives you a 1,411 Kbps file - kilobits per second.  That, as compared to MP3, which at its highest rate is 320 Kbps

https://www.google.com/search?q=cd+kbps+rate&rlz=1C1OKWM_enCA906CA906&oq=cd+kbps+rate&aqs=chrome..69i57.6106j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

But 1411 is for uncompressed audio. Apply any level of FLAC and it can’t be 1411. Apply FLAC uncompressed and you’ll likely get 1411. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

1 minute ago, KeenObserver said:

The truly sad part of this is that there are people buying into this.

I suspect that some of them will follow MQA right over the cliff.

Absolutely. 

When this much money is at stake, get your boots on to wade through all the BS, and watch people clamor to get on the bandwagon as it goes right over the cliff.