IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

17 minutes ago, Ishmael Slapowitz said:

-Will Apple allow integration with streaming devices and interfaces? Or the usual bullshit of keeping it closed in their ecosystem?

I'm guessing the latter, streaming via AirPlay2 equipped devices only if past history is instructive.

18 minutes ago, Ishmael Slapowitz said:

-Will Apple use their power to squash the other services...Qobuz, Deezer etc...as they did with Pono?

I think in the near term it's more Spotify they have their eye on, as Spotify did show substantial paid subscriber growth between 4Q20 and 1Q21, suggesting there is still more marketshare out there to be had, and it's likely not from any audiophile niche, but from Joe and Jane Mainstream that Spotify grew most recently.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Boycott Warner Music Group

49 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I appreciate Audirvana Studio labeling this MQA track as a "Dubious HD Recording."

Screen Shot 2021-05-18 at 8.34.14 AM.png

I was very curious how that new feature would work with MQA, for example would the presence of some MQA garbage HF content trick the software into calling it "hi-res" or not?

Can you try it with 24-bit MQA and see what happens?

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

37 minutes ago, JoeWhip said:

mQa, the Scientology of audio. You have been declared an SP MikeyFresh. Wear it proudly!

I will certainly wear it proudly, and I'm only too happy to have nothing more to do with Radio Paradise.

I have many different ways of playing music, I don't actually need RP for anything. It was a fun year or so since they started their FLAC stream with meta data, I didn't really listen to it much at all prior to that, and now it's over. Good riddance!

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

5 minutes ago, botrytis said:

I did put up an interesting post on MQA. It seems Tidal has changed pricing and tiers and higher res MQA seems to be only in the highest priced tier...

So far only in Australia, and when tested the mid-tier was still serving up MQA in many cases, most likely WMG releases if I had to guess, but I don't live in Australia and so only took a passing interest in the topic.

Could very well be a sign of TIDAL's new owners at least seeking data on just how many of their subscribers would not want to pay extra for "Masters", in which case they'd probably bolt the MQA license deal at the earliest juncture if that data supports it.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, DuckToller said:

"In the 21st century, the term has been applied to Donald Trump's attempts to overturn the 2020 United States presidential election. "The big lie" in this instance is the false claim that the election was stolen from him through massive electoral fraud and voter fraud, and the scale of the claim's proponents eventually culminated with Trump supporters attacking the US Capitol.

Exactly what I thought Chris was alluding to when I read his post.

3 hours ago, DuckToller said:

What makes me wonder is why you have that need to stick that incorrect information on Chris and the MQA threat? Ulterior motives, as already suggested? 
I get that modern partisan journalism uses propganda techniques.  And it is the choice of your editor to allow this in the publications under his responsibility.

But why would you feel the urge to expose yourself (plus the publication your represent) and your intentions to do so in an environment where readers are not only informed about audio related topics?

From a personal perspective, I thought initially Mr. Cogley's remark was quite a hard punch, but your response offered a stark evidence why he may have made his point.
Shame on you.

Well said, ARQ's ulterior motives are obvious.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

13 minutes ago, JoeWhip said:

do not read TAS so can’t comment on RH. In zoom calls with JA, he doesn’t wax poetically about MQA, seems to be just another option for him.

Yet we all know that it's not just another option, despite that being the stance of various press members and indeed LS himself in the very pages of this thread.

Moreover, we all know it cannot continue on as "just another option", not with all of the investor money already pissed away. They don't have an HDCD-like outcome in mind at all, only an end-to-end domination of the music distribution chain with a "one deliverable" approach will suffice for mQa at this point.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook