IGNORED

POTUS Has A Turntable

So this libtard president is using a foreign turntable. In the White House? Is this a way to make America great again?

And then look at those Asian-looking vases below it.

This is probably all the works by some foreign secret service! Or a Globalization-lover conspiracy!

It's a decoy. If the American tax payers saw his real system, that we paid for, it would cause an uprising. His aids had the system moved to the situation room. It was the only way they could get him to go in there.

Looks like the former Russian President Dmitry Medvedev's system easily beats Obama's!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30389[/ATTACH]

Russian President Medvedev's $200K Sound System | Luxury Insider

Come on guys, you need to fund a new audio system for your President! Can't let the Russians win this one!

"Senior Russian intelligence officer tries to destabilise UK audiophile community by using Naim CD player without matching amplification"

I bet the real Obama's system was more expensive than Medvedev's but it is hidden behind the wall (not to piss off the American taxpayers) - what looks like the painting on the wall is in reality camouflaged Martin Logan limited White House Edition 'Russians You Can't Beat US(!)' model! See the grilled ventilation duct below.? It's obvious there's subwoofer behind it, so powerful that it is capable of destroying the White House (remote control) in case it was taken by the enemy. BTW that's how the White House admistration can easily justify the expenses - it was a question of national security! ;)

This is an indictment on how much we as Americans love music. This is the leader of the free world and this is what he has for a hifi?

I'm not saying those aren't dandy little speakers and sort of a decent turntable, but really? At a minimum it should be McIntosh MA-5200 integrated amp with a pair of Vandersteen 1's and a U-Turn Orbit table.

David

This is an indictment on how much we as Americans love music. This is the leader of the free world and this is what he has for a hifi?

I'm not saying those aren't dandy little speakers and sort of a decent turntable, but really? At a minimum it should be McIntosh MA-5200 integrated amp with a pair of Vandersteen 1's and a U-Turn Orbit table.

Maybe a change to the "First HiFi" after next week? Klipschorns, McIntosh and top of the range VPI perhaps?

Especially with all the good American made HiFi that could be in there.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Who new President Obama has a turntable in the White House?

What model of turntable and speakers is he using?

[ATTACH]30387[/ATTACH]

Can't say what model TT it is but the speakers look like some computer desktop model. Notice also that the First Family has about a dozen records (under the side-board and next to the TT).

George

Looks like the former Russian President Dmitry Medvedev's system easily beats Obama's!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30389[/ATTACH]

Russian President Medvedev's $200K Sound System | Luxury Insider

Come on guys, you need to fund a new audio system for your President! Can't let the Russians win this one!

You're right! We cannot get caught out by the stereo system gap!

OTOH, this POTUS will be gone by January, and with him, probably the stereo system. and Medvedev is already gone. Also, I cannot imagine either candidate with a sound system. Hillary's more interested in where to store her cauldron and her broom while Trump is more interested in where to hang his sheets and store his inflammable crosses. :)

George

I guess the same thing. Denon table and Audioengine speakers. Not really what I would have set up for him but hey....

Yeah, but since he only seems to have less than a dozen records, The expenditure seems apropos. I know Silicon Valley millionaires who have systems to die for, and only have a handful of recordings to play on their megabuck systems (mostly just to show them off). I know one guy who has, in his "music room", $350,000 Steinway concert grand fitted with a Disklavier system, and has only one disk to play on it!

George

Glad to see he's buying British, Looks like Avid TT, Naim CD ( although he could have gone a bit further up the range for the latter). Has a reel to reel too.

And a shiny reflective floor. Hmmm...

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

"Senior Russian intelligence officer tries to destabilise UK audiophile community by using Naim CD player without matching amplification"

Hahahahahaha!!!!!

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

system pics

Dare I say Mbl or Kharma to match the gold toilets :~)

Make America Sound Great Again (fart noises in the background).

system pics

Are you sure about the speakers?

No. I thought they were AE's, but another poster thought they were made by Kanto. If I remember correctly, they do look very similar. I'm sure about the TT. The only exception would be if its re-branded. For example, NAD's TT's are made by Rega, so if you can't see the label you could mistake a Rega RP1 for an NAD C556. Its the same TT. Since the label isn't visible on the TT in the pic, I'm assuming its a Denon, or the same TT re-branded.

Sadly, I now believe that this setup was staged. The missing wires are one thing (they could have been concealed / tucked away neatly), but when you consider the subwoofer being on the lower shelf of this table (instead of being on the carpeted floor) you gotta realize how bad that would be. Two big-ass vases sitting next to it on the same shelf - they would just rattle along to your music. No way this was ever turned on the way it's set up here.