IGNORED

POTUS Has A Turntable

I want to know if the next president has a turntable too?

Nearfield setup-Matrix Element H USB>Curious Evolved>Yggy OG>Freya+>Mono Trys>Harbeth P3ESR 40th & Martin Logan Dynamo 1100X & Burson Soloist w/ Super Charger> Mr.Speakers Ether 2,& Technics 1500C, Arcromat> SoundSmith Carmen MkII > Zu Mission>Parks Puffin Toslink.. Blue Jeans interconnects, Pangea power cables, IsoAcoustics feet, Goldpoint SW2X

It should be done like some states do it, by district.

If we were smart we would have term limits as well as nothing limits the voice of the people more than these corrupt career politicians that people in this country a too dumb to vote out. It's an amazing phenomenon that the overwhelming majority of Americans favor term limits yet vote the same people back into office.

I've noticed that as well. Congressional approval rates are down to 10 - 11%, the lowest in history, yet we keep reelecting the same incompetent do-nothings election cycle after election cycle. I've often thought that the answer would be to allow legislatures to run for one term only (but make the term 8 years so we don't have a new set of neophytes continually) and the pay should be the same as the job they left to become a legislator(with a congressional expense account, of course). That way, only those who think they can make a difference and really WANT the job will run, rather than those who just run because they can get a comfy, cushy, prestigious job (maybe for life).

The problem with this idea is that it would require a Constitutional Amendment, and who can do that? The very Congressmen and Senators whose job characteristics we are trying to change. That's like asking Congress to cut it's own pay or eliminate lobbyists. It ain't gonna happen!

George

Guys, several posts in this thread were already deleted because they strayed too much into politics. You just can't help yourselves, can you. Either your posts will be gone, or this thread will be closed. Sometimes I wish this forum had a warning points system like some other forums - ignore the moderator, and you accumulate points. Get enough points, and you are banned. Something for Chris to think about.

Guys, several posts in this thread were already deleted because they strayed too much into politics. You just can't help yourselves, can you. Either your posts will be gone, or this thread will be closed. Sometimes I wish this forum had a warning points system like some other forums - ignore the moderator, and you accumulate points. Get enough points, and you are banned. Something for Chris to think about.

+1

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Every nation has politicians it deserves. Unfortunately mine too..

There is a limited amount of intelligence available for mankind. The more humans there are the lower the average intelligence. Since only stupid people start wars. This system is a protection for over population. We need a good war that will kill 2/3 to 4/5 of the world population.

[br]

We need a good war that will kill 2/3 to 4/5 of the world population.
Just one question.. Would you prefer to be in 1/3 - 1/5 of the surviving population or ..would you be ready to make a sacrifice for the sake of the human kind (I would respect such an attitude a lot! :)) ..?

Maybe after all it's really better to go back to the turntable. Even if it's Denon.

There is a limited amount of intelligence available for mankind. The more humans there are the lower the average intelligence. Since only stupid people start wars. This system is a protection for over population. We need a good war that will kill 2/3 to 4/5 of the world population.

To be honest though ... the current weaponry would also decimate the planet.

We need to engineer a virus / other biological weapon which kills 2/3 to 4/5 without damaging the delicate echo systems. At the same time another nano-virus needs creating which will tear down the metal and concrete structures, creating a new echo system for the recreation of eco-systems which have been irreparably replaced with cities. All the time avoiding damaging the culture which is around - so eat the sky scrapers and concrete monstrosities in the City of London while leaving St Paul's, Tower of London, everything pre-victorian in tact.

:-)

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

Just one question.. Would you prefer to be in 1/3 - 1/5 of the surviving population or ..would you be ready to make a sacrifice for the sake of the human kind (I would respect such an attitude a lot! :)) ..?

Maybe after all it's really better to go back to the turntable. Even if it's Denon.

I personally would not mind dying. I have no children, one of the reasons is that I think there are too many people on the planet already. Also if I were to have a stroke of some kind I do not want get reanimated. Or if one of my organs fail I'd prefer to die (hopefully drugged out to avoid pain) over having a organ transplant.

The older I get, "I'm 41" the less I like the human race. More and more I start to believe that human self consciousness is an error in evolution.

[br]