IGNORED

dCS Network Bridge

r_w

4 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

dCS is talking to Roon now. 

Please ask dCS about when USB output on the Network Bridge will be available.  I sent them an email over a week ago with no response.  Thanks.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

13 minutes ago, beessy said:

Yes it seems. It is like a 6s-7s resync delay is applied on all dsd track (even set at 0ms)

Exactly!

12 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

dCS is talking to Roon now. 

Hope they sort it out soon enough, it's pretty annoying for people who have large DSD collections.

Has anyone tried to use a Naim unitiserv with the DCS NB and Roon?  I am thinking of replacing my MacMini which I use as my Roon Core with a used Naim unitiserv.  The attraction of the Naim unitiserv seems to be that it is fanless, has a good quality power supply, and also has a good quality ripper.  Naim construction is also very solid.

I currently control my Mac mini via my laptop using Apple Remote and would instead control the unitiserv via my Mac laptop with its own app.  

Any thoughts would be much appreciated. Thanks.

hltf

Here is a great suggestion for those who like to watch YouTube music videos, concerts, etc.

You get an Apple TV 4K and set the audio output to dCS Network Bridge via AirPlay and voila! The best sound you will ever get from YouTube :) Especially if the NB is connected through dual AES and a clock cable to a dCS DAC!

This goes for all streaming services (Netflix and the likes) and everything else you can play through the Apple TV.

BF6BE746-5DBE-4FEA-A137-CFEE942A5C46.thumb.jpeg.1bfc92473959240214b4b3d6a2c6adfd.jpeg

Hello,

I've only skimmed this thread, so apologies in advance if I failed to glean what I needed.  I'm considering the dCS NBR to pair with my Vivaldi to use Dual AES, clock synchronization, and an attached drive, instead of a USB server and all the attendant optimization hassles.  This reviewer (https://parttimeaudiophile.com/2017/11/05/review-dcs-network-bridge-the-swiss-army-knife-of-streamers/) found great benefit to slaving the NBR to a dCS DAC clock.  Has anyone here done this?

Also, since the NBR can play files from disk, does anyone know the imbedded player dCS is using?

For any interested, I spoke with dCS this morning, and the NBR can stream music files to a DAC without a "player" as such.  NTFS partitions are now supported, but they recommend not going above 2TB for a directly attached drive.  This is exactly what I need.

Quick update on digital cables.

I received my Shunyata Sigma AES cable and had the chance to compare it to the Transparent Ref XL. In short, I am not going back. Detail, presentation, body, all there in abundance. Much clearer.

You should just give it a couple of days, may be a week to settle in.

Another AES and a Sigma Clock is now on order, expected to arrive with the Vivaldi DAC. I had a chance to try the Sigma Clock in a friend's system where it proved its worth and stayed there as a clock cable for Vivaldi Transport.

Strongly recommended.

Kii Three + BXT, dCS Network Bridge, Astell&Kern SP2000, Stromtank 2500, Roon Nucleus, Echole Power Cables, Mogami + Bocchino AES, SOTM Switch + CAT7 + CAT8

On 11/20/2017 at 8:33 AM, AmusedToD said:

Here is a great suggestion for those who like to watch YouTube music videos, concerts, etc.

You get an Apple TV 4K and set the audio output to dCS Network Bridge via AirPlay and voila! The best sound you will ever get from YouTube :) Especially if the NB is connected through dual AES and a clock cable to a dCS DAC!

This goes for all streaming services (Netflix and the likes) and everything else you can play through the Apple TV.

BF6BE746-5DBE-4FEA-A137-CFEE942A5C46.thumb.jpeg.1bfc92473959240214b4b3d6a2c6adfd.jpeg

Many audio video sync issues with this?

9 minutes ago, KunterK said:

Quick update on digital cables.

I received my Shunyata Sigma AES cable and had the chance to compare it to the Transparent Ref XL. In short, I am not going back. Detail, presentation, body, all there in abundance. Much clearer.

You should just give it a couple of days, may be a week to settle in.

Another AES and a Sigma Clock is now on order, expected to arrive with the Vivaldi DAC. I had a chance to try the Sigma Clock in a friend's system where it proved its worth and stayed there as a clock cable for Vivaldi Transport.

Strongly recommended.

You prefer the Shunyata’s to the Ref XL? Could you elaborate a bit? Which are your interconnect and speaker cables? The price of the Shunyata?

The Sigma clock is also Shunyata?

Just now, AmusedToD said:

You prefer the Shunyata’s to the Ref XL? Could you elaborate a bit? Which are your interconnect and speaker cables? The price of the Shunyata?

The Sigma clock is also Shunyata?

Yes I prefer Shunyata Sigma to Ref XL.

My interconnects are Echole Omnia and the speaker cable is HighFidelityCables UR Helix. Very revealing bunch.

Shunyata AES US retail is 2k. Yes clock is also Shunyata Sigma.

I hear simply no shortcomings on the cable. Open, airy, sort of very correct, if you will. No added coloration.

It was good from start but it just clicked about a week after being plugged in. 

Kii Three + BXT, dCS Network Bridge, Astell&Kern SP2000, Stromtank 2500, Roon Nucleus, Echole Power Cables, Mogami + Bocchino AES, SOTM Switch + CAT7 + CAT8

8 minutes ago, KunterK said:

Yes I prefer Shunyata Sigma to Ref XL.

My interconnects are Echole Omnia and the speaker cable is HighFidelityCables UR Helix. Very revealing bunch.

Shunyata AES US retail is 2k. Yes clock is also Shunyata Sigma.

I hear simply no shortcomings on the cable. Open, airy, sort of very correct, if you will. No added coloration.

It was good from start but it just clicked about a week after being plugged in. 

The Shunyata AES is almost 2 times cheaper than the Ref XL. Very interesting. Is the Sigma their top of the line cable?

Just now, AmusedToD said:

The Shunyata AES is almost 2 times cheaper than the Ref XL. Very interesting. Is the Sigma their top of the line cable?

Yes. It is half the price. I guess currently its their top of the line. Interesting and fortunate for the wallet. YMMW but its worth a try if you can get hold of one.