IGNORED

dCS Network Bridge

r_w

On 10/11/2017 at 1:51 PM, Confused said:

there are some users that have reported good results when feeding the Network Bridge with a Mutec REF10/MC3+ generated word clock signal. 

who made this test here? is it on this thread or another one?

for me the MC3+USB doesn't change anything alone as external reclocker vs internal clock from dCS. Wondering about the addition of the Ref10 though...

thanks!

1 hour ago, pam1975 said:

who made this test here? is it on this thread or another one?

for me the MC3+USB doesn't change anything alone as external reclocker vs internal clock from dCS. Wondering about the addition of the Ref10 though...

thanks!

See mecani’s posts in this thread, a couple of pages back.

Windows 11 PC, Roon, HQPlayer, Focus Fidelity convolutions, iFi Zen Stream, Paul Hynes SR4, Mutec REF10, Mutec MC3+USB, Devialet 1000Pro, KEF Blade.  Plus Pro-Ject Signature 12 TT for playing my 'legacy' vinyl collection. Desktop system; RME ADI-2 DAC fs, Meze Empyrean headphones.

Are there any users out there who are using NB with Chord Dave. If so have you tried to interface the dual AES output from NB to DAVE? DAVE manual states; "Dual Data Mode - Dave supports dual data mode on its BNC inputs. This is where a 176kHz data rate is supported by sending a left 88kHz signal and a right 88kHz signal via separate BNCs." Therefore I think it might be possible with appropriate connectors.

FWIW I am currently interfacing the NB to a Weiss dac202 and outputting NB clock to Weiss dac. The dac is unable to receive any clock signal above 96KHz as the manual states and does not output music. I did not find much audible difference (if any) compared to taking the clock signal through the AES which does output upto 192KHz.

46 minutes ago, Chewy560 said:

Are there any users out there who are using NB with Chord Dave. If so have you tried to interface the dual AES output from NB to DAVE? DAVE manual states; "Dual Data Mode - Dave supports dual data mode on its BNC inputs. This is where a 176kHz data rate is supported by sending a left 88kHz signal and a right 88kHz signal via separate BNCs." Therefore I think it might be possible with appropriate connectors.

Interesting. You could try these adapters from Neutrik: https://www.thomann.de/gb/neutrik_naditbncfx_aesebu_bncadapter.htm

Then set the dual AES mode in the NB settings to 176.4 khz and see if it works.

41 minutes ago, AmusedToD said:

Interesting. You could try these adapters from Neutrik: https://www.thomann.de/gb/neutrik_naditbncfx_aesebu_bncadapter.htm

Then set the dual AES mode in the NB settings to 176.4 khz and see if it works.

Excellent - those connectors would appear to be suitable.

Unfortunately I am only contemplating the DAVE at the moment, however if the above works it would be a big +. (the alternative dCS options are too expensive for me at the moment).

5 minutes ago, Chewy560 said:

Excellent - those connectors would appear to be suitable.

Unfortunately I am only contemplating the DAVE at the moment, however if the above works it would be a big +. (the alternative dCS options are too expensive for me at the moment).

In my experience the dual AES mode is a significant step up from any other possible digital connection between the NB and DAC (single AES or regular rca spdif), so you should definitely have it in mind when choosing your DAC. 

@AmusedToD  Unfortunately, I arrived at the same conclusion (based on reading/researching) on the best use case; i.e. using the dual AES out was really the best choice.  That, and the uncertainty about the USB output, it's compatibility, and the quality vs AES.

Unfortunate, since I was (still am) very interested in the dCS NB but I wasn't able to play at the price point I needed to, for a dual AES DAC. 

31 minutes ago, Cyrus said:

@AmusedToD  Unfortunately, I arrived at the same conclusion (based on reading/researching) on the best use case; i.e. using the dual AES out was really the best choice.  That, and the uncertainty about the USB output, it's compatibility, and the quality vs AES.

Unfortunate, since I was (still am) very interested in the dCS NB but I wasn't able to play at the price point I needed to, for a dual AES DAC. 

Well, you can always get a used dCS DAC, they are built like tanks. I had an older Elgar Plus (15 years old) for audition in my system before purchasing the Paganini, and it blew away everything I ever used before. I am not even sure if the Paganini is a real upgrade to the Elgar Plus (apart from being prettier in its shiny silver chassis and for having the ability to play 24/384 and DSD64). 

I would still love to hear if anyone compared the DCS NB to an ultrarendu with LPSU.

4x20A circuits | Shunyata Triton + Typhon | Source 1: HDPlex HD100 PSU -> OCX clock + EtherRegen -> Paul Hynes SR4T + HDPlex HD500 PSUs -> Music PC w/JCAT XE nic, HQPlayer, Roon, Tidal / Qobuz |  TotalDAC D1 Twelve DAC + Mk II Streamer | Source 2: Acoustic Signature Ascona with Kuzma 4 Point tonearm | Koetsu Rosewood Signature cart | Pass XP-15 phono pre | Audionet Pre G2 preamp | Audionet Max mono blocks | Vivid Audio Giya Spirits |  4 JL Audio Fathom subs | Echole ICs /SCs / Siltech King jumpers, Shunyata/Audioquest PCs / Eth. Cs | Critical Mass CS2s -> components, Isoacoustics -> speakers + subs | Adona Eris II rack w/ Herbie's titanium footers | Fully treated and dedicated 2 channel room

21 minutes ago, sb6 said:

I would still love to hear if anyone compared the DCS NB to an ultrarendu with LPSU.

Price wise, a more relevant comparison would be dCS NB v Signature Rendu.

From a "Do I really need to spend £3500 for a streamer, or will this £800 device deliver 99.99% of the performance for a 3rd of the price?" perspective, perhaps :ph34r:

Has anyone compared Sig Rendu vs Urendu + LPS1? Sorry for veering off topic.

4x20A circuits | Shunyata Triton + Typhon | Source 1: HDPlex HD100 PSU -> OCX clock + EtherRegen -> Paul Hynes SR4T + HDPlex HD500 PSUs -> Music PC w/JCAT XE nic, HQPlayer, Roon, Tidal / Qobuz |  TotalDAC D1 Twelve DAC + Mk II Streamer | Source 2: Acoustic Signature Ascona with Kuzma 4 Point tonearm | Koetsu Rosewood Signature cart | Pass XP-15 phono pre | Audionet Pre G2 preamp | Audionet Max mono blocks | Vivid Audio Giya Spirits |  4 JL Audio Fathom subs | Echole ICs /SCs / Siltech King jumpers, Shunyata/Audioquest PCs / Eth. Cs | Critical Mass CS2s -> components, Isoacoustics -> speakers + subs | Adona Eris II rack w/ Herbie's titanium footers | Fully treated and dedicated 2 channel room

dCS NB and Tidal

Has anyone encountered this problem?

Since last evening (Monday November 13th) I can't listen to my music library in Tidal via my dCS Network Bridge app. I got my dCS for 1.5 weeks and it worked with Tidal without problem until yesterday.
I got a message of a Status privilege problem from Tidal in my dCS Network Bridge app just before I tried to listen to one of my albums.
Is there something changed?
I contacted the Tidal technical support and they told me to get in touch with dCS since they're the ones who programmed the interface to Tidal.
In the NB app, I still have access to my albums in Tidal, but when I try to listen to one of them, the playing doesn't start, the little bar goes in circles endlessly.
I don't know what happened with the app yesterday evening between the listening of 2 albums ( the first one worked, the second, not).
I uninstalled and reinstalled the app on my iPad, without success, checked my connections, router, etc.. I can listen to music via the Tidal app with no problem, but not with the NB app anymore.

I sent an email to the dCS tech support team.. hope there's a solution soon (App update?)
Thank you.

I have had the same problem, and you can i just turned of the NB a few seconds (pull out the mains power) and then removed the app. 

Did a soft reset of the iphone, installed the NB app, and the started up the NB. 

Filled in the Tidal credentials and then it works again. 

So begin with just pull the mains of the NB, i think it is stuck / frozen just.

The App and FW in the NB are highly unstable, so i hope dCS reads this thread! 

1 hour ago, Beolab said:

I have had the same problem, and you can i just turned of the NB a few seconds (pull out the mains power) and then removed the app. 

Did a soft reset of the iphone, installed the NB app, and the started up the NB. 

Filled in the Tidal credentials and then it works again. 

So begin with just pull the mains of the NB, i think it is stuck / frozen just.

The App and FW in the NB are highly unstable, so i hope dCS reads this thread! 

I have a NB and just today neither ROON, the Tidal OS app and the iOS app would recognize my "Favourites" library in Tidal nor my account...had to restart, sign out and back in to reestablish Tidal within ROON.  

Seems to me that Tidal had a "hiccup" today.  The first in my experience.

Think this may be related to the issues you mention and may not be the NB app at all.  Dunno..just guessin'....  There is the known bug when switching between varying sample rates and the forthcoming update is rumoured to address this issue.

Thanks a lot Beolab !!

I followed your recommendations, and began with a power off and pulling the mains off the NB a few seconds and restarted it and Tidal worked again flawlessly within the NB app.

Don't understand really what is the logic in there but it worked perfectly. As you say, the link between the NB and the app is very unstable.

Hope that is something that will be corrected in a future app update alongside Wi-Fi availability and USB out.

Thanks again, very appreciated.

1 hour ago, Julius said:

Thanks a lot Beolab !!

I followed your recommendations, and began with a power off and pulling the mains off the NB a few seconds and restarted it and Tidal worked again flawlessly within the NB app.

Don't understand really what is the logic in there but it worked perfectly. As you say, the link between the NB and the app is very unstable.

Hope that is something that will be corrected in a future app update alongside Wi-Fi availability and USB out.

Thanks again, very appreciated.

Glad to help out! ;) 

i hope they are not to happy with the unstability of the App and FW in the dCS. I was on a dCS Rossini demo session this weekend combined with the NB because the NB sounds better than the integrated streamer, but it did hang up 2 times during the demo session. 

7 hours ago, Beolab said:

Glad to help out! ;) 

i hope they are not to happy with the unstability of the App and FW in the dCS. I was on a dCS Rossini demo session this weekend combined with the NB because the NB sounds better than the integrated streamer, but it did hang up 2 times during the demo session. 

Beolab, did I read this correctly?

Are you saying the NB+Rossini sounded better than Rossini alone? was Rossini connected to a clock? was the NB?

thanks!

Did anyone notice the delay when playing DSD files over Roon, it started yesterday after the new Roon Core update. It takes approx 6-7 seconds for a DSD song to start when played through Roon into the NB. I restarted everything several times after the update, but nothing helped. The same happens if I try to skip a DSD file, the long delays simply happen every time with DSD.

1 hour ago, AmusedToD said:

Did anyone notice the delay when playing DSD files over Roon, it started yesterday after the new Roon Core update. It takes approx 6-7 seconds for a DSD song to start when played through Roon into the NB. I restarted everything several times after the update, but nothing helped. The same happens if I try to skip a DSD file, the long delays simply happen every time with DSD.

Yes same issue for me

Mainboard v1.0