IGNORED

Sonicorbiter - The Operating System

If your unit is not booting up it's likely because you have a cracked card. I spoke with Andrew and they are going to do two things: 1. Look for any cards that have creases which will not be shipped. 2. Add a piece of cardboard to the shipments to help support the cards. 

This crease is not a crack yet but a little pressure will crack it. 

1714703662_ScreenShot2020-02-03at5_30_12PM.png.423363b75a5f2fc15c33bd158d93446c.png

This is a cracked card.

469775546_ScreenShot2020-02-03at5_36_06PM.png.c49d9aa9d6806aae38547381bcfd4050.png

My opticalRendu 1.8 card worked for a while then shut down. Powering off and on did not work. I put the 1.7 card back in and it worked fine. Then the 1.8 worked again. But once again it played for 20 minutes before shutting down.

The solution was to update before the unit shutdown. Two updates were necessary. It’s now staying on. 

SonicTransporter i9 > EtherRegen (optical out) > LUMIN P1 > LUMIN Amp > YG Kipod Signature Passive speakers.

1 hour ago, Ultrarunner said:

My opticalRendu 1.8 card worked for a while then shut down. Powering off and on did not work. I put the 1.7 card back in and it worked fine. Then the 1.8 worked again. But once again it played for 20 minutes before shutting down.

The solution was to update before the unit shutdown. Two updates were necessary. It’s now staying on. 

Good work...enjoy!

On 1/30/2020 at 7:04 AM, vortecjr said:

If you are using Kazoo as the controller you need to uncheck Compatibility Mode in the Rendu in Settings / MPD DLNA and then press Save.

for the issue above go to Kazoo and select something other than Tidal or Qobuz.

- then in the Rendu go to Apps / MPD DLNA
- clearing DLNA cache
- clearing MPD database
- Then go to Kazoo and select Tidal or Qobuz 

Same problem. I could not login to Tidal on Kazoo. Tried to do as your instruction, but no help. I'm also running 2.8!

8 hours ago, vodanhkhach said:

Same problem. I could not login to Tidal on Kazoo. Tried to do as your instruction, but no help. I'm also running 2.8!

Let's trying another control app.

Steps:

1. Download and install on your mobile device mconnect Player from ConverseDigital Co.

1460966949_ScreenShot2020-02-04at8_28_10PM.png.b268ee9b74acbf3e351e70089646764b.png

2. Go to Play-to and Select the Rendu.

image1.thumb.png.544f3ed29183baf80780d6b5e42b531a.png

3. Go to Browse and Select Tidal or Qobuz and enter your username and password.

image0.thumb.png.8e7e5e1915d34ae5e28fa554a1c1396c.png

4. Select a title and play it.  

9 hours ago, jegan said:

I have the same problem. I sent Jesus an email. Does the wrong model name affect the operation of the unit?

I received the card (ultrarendu 2.8) and install went fine. I was expecting to have issues with hires files again, but no issue at all. When I go to software manager it shows

Current sw version: 2.8

Latest sw version: 2.7

Is that something that will be changed? I am a bit hesitant to upgrade as everything works at the moment and there is no possibility to go back.

3 hours ago, Blackfiction said:

I received the card (ultrarendu 2.8) and install went fine. I was expecting to have issues with hires files again, but no issue at all. When I go to software manager it shows

Current sw version: 2.8

Latest sw version: 2.7

Is that something that will be changed? I am a bit hesitant to upgrade as everything works at the moment and there is no possibility to go back.

Yes. Update the unit twice.

13 hours ago, vortecjr said:

Let's trying another control app.

Steps:

1. Download and install on your mobile device mconnect Player from ConverseDigital Co.

1460966949_ScreenShot2020-02-04at8_28_10PM.png.b268ee9b74acbf3e351e70089646764b.png

2. Go to Play-to and Select the Rendu.

image1.thumb.png.544f3ed29183baf80780d6b5e42b531a.png

3. Go to Browse and Select Tidal or Qobuz and enter your username and password.

image0.thumb.png.8e7e5e1915d34ae5e28fa554a1c1396c.png

4. Select a title and play it.  

Thanks vortecjr! mConnect works well now! 

I purchased a 2.8 update for each of my opticalRendu’s. One of them is fine, however, one of them is not. All I get on the second one is a solid red light for a couple of minutes and then it goes out. I’m feeding it with an opticalModule and the lights next to the Ethernet cable are green on the left side and blinking orange on the right side. I’ve restarted all of the pieces multiple times but the only way I can use it so far is to put the 2.7 card back in it. That works as expected but I’d like to be able to update this opticalRendu to 2.8, the same as my other one. Can someone help me out? Thanks. 

1 hour ago, daverich4 said:

I purchased a 2.8 update for each of my opticalRendu’s. One of them is fine, however, one of them is not. All I get on the second one is a solid red light for a couple of minutes and then it goes out. I’m feeding it with an opticalModule and the lights next to the Ethernet cable are green on the left side and blinking orange on the right side. I’ve restarted all of the pieces multiple times but the only way I can use it so far is to put the 2.7 card back in it. That works as expected but I’d like to be able to update this opticalRendu to 2.8, the same as my other one. Can someone help me out? Thanks. 

Try swapping in the 2.8 card that does work. It could be a defective card and this should tell. There are reports above of cards damaged in shipment. I am sure JR will replace it if damaged.

10 minutes ago, bobflood said:

Try swapping in the 2.8 card that does work. It could be a defective card and this should tell. There are reports above of cards damaged in shipment. I am sure JR will replace it if damaged.

I’m not sure I want to do that as I don’t know whether once they’re set up if they’re specific to a device. I don’t want to mess up the one opticalRendu that IS working. The weird thing is I did the upgrade on a microRendu and ultraRendu as well with no problems. 

2 hours ago, daverich4 said:

Have a look here for what a damaged card looks like:

https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic/29102-sonicorbiter-the-operating-system/?do=findComment&comment=1025865

If you have a damaged card just contact myself or Andrew at SGC.

21 hours ago, Blackfiction said:

I have updated the unit twice, it says nothing to do. But I still have the latest sw version: 2.7 message

This is normal for right now. When we officially launch 2.8 this week it will change in the system and everyone will see that 2.8 is available from Software Manager.

11 hours ago, vortecjr said:

Have a look here for what a damaged card looks like:

https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic/29102-sonicorbiter-the-operating-system/?do=findComment&comment=1025865

If you have a damaged card just contact myself or Andrew at SGC.

I don’t see anything physically wrong with the card. I did try my other opticalRendu in the same spot and it fired right up so I know all the connections/setup are working properly. Not sure what to do next other than go back to 2.7. 

3 minutes ago, daverich4 said:

I don’t see anything physically wrong with the card. I did try my other opticalRendu in the same spot and it fired right up so I know all the connections/setup are working properly. Not sure what to do next other than go back to 2.7. 

That test was with the card that is not working in the other unit?

17 minutes ago, daverich4 said:

No, I replaced the entire unit, not just the card. I don’t want to take a chance on goofing up the working opticalRendu but wanted to make sure the connections were working properly. 

You can swap the cards.

6 hours ago, vortecjr said:

You can swap the cards.

Thanks, but I use my stereo every day and there have been enough posts in this thread about problems that I don't want to take a chance on messing up the upgraded OR. The one that won't upgrade drives my headphone system and works fine with the 2.7 card in it. If I ever decide that it matters to me I'll order another 2.8 card and give it try again. Thanks.

20 hours ago, daverich4 said:

Thanks, but I use my stereo every day and there have been enough posts in this thread about problems that I don't want to take a chance on messing up the upgraded OR. The one that won't upgrade drives my headphone system and works fine with the 2.7 card in it. If I ever decide that it matters to me I'll order another 2.8 card and give it try again. Thanks.

all of the information/data lives on the card -- nothing is in the hardware.  you can't mess up anything by trying the card in the other rendu.

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100

Just Got my replacement v2.8 SD card this morning And all is good thanks vortecjr
done the software update twice and everything works.

And so far I’ve noticed that my Brooklyn DAC has connected perfectly every time I do a reboot, and Shown up in DAC diagnostics perfectly also.

previously in DAC diagnostics Version 2.7, My Brooklyn DAC Was a bit hit and miss, But with version 2.8 every detail is correct every time I reboot.

One difference I’ve noticed is when rebooting the opticalrendu It takes a little bit longer to restart. after the countdown It takes another 5 or 10 seconds to reappear. But when it does everything is great.

Thanks