IGNORED

Sonicorbiter - The Operating System

14 minutes ago, quark said:

Hi,

I had the exact same Problem.

Using Roon it would suddenly lose connection to OpticalRendu, but when checking DAC diagnostics in sonicorbiter  my DAC had disappeared.

I managed to make things a lot more stable by purchasing bluejeans Ethernet cables, which when you see them you can tell are very well made. 

Apparently a lot of ethernet cables are made in such a mass that often connection is not that good.

However to put your mind at rest, since getting sonicorbiter 2.8 I have had  perfect connection to my DAC every time. 

In 2.7 my DAC would be shown in DAC diagnostic but would have different readings randomly, and I’d have to restart the opticalrendu several times to get it to connect properly. 

But since version 2.8 my DAC has connected perfectly every single time.

So if I was you definitely upgrade to version 2.8

Which DAC are you using?

4 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

Which DAC are you using?

The original Mytek Brooklyn DAC.

like I said in version 2.7 often in DAC diagnostics the readings would be not quite correct and randomly different each Time I checked, and I’d have to restart two times at least to get it to connect properly.

But since version 2.8 the readings in DAC diagnostic have been perfect every single time, couldn’t be happier 🙂 

1 hour ago, Foggie said:

Have the shipping issues been sorted

They are being shipped in a small cardboard box with a usps tracking # attached.

Although my new SRSE 2.8 card (in box) failed multiple times but my 3 other 2.8 cards (in plain envelope) didn't.

I have contacted SGC...still waiting for a reply

1 hour ago, seaharp1 said:

They are being shipped in a small cardboard box with a usps tracking # attached.

Although my new SRSE 2.8 card (in box) failed multiple times but my 3 other 2.8 cards (in plain envelope) didn't.

I have contacted SGC...still waiting for a reply

This is a little confusing. Is the SRSE card working after multiple attempts? What are the other three units? 

38 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

What are the other three units? 

Other 3 units with 2.8 cards that are working: Ultra rendu (2), micro rendu 1.4.

SRSE Tier 1 upgrade with 2.8 card not working.

After updating card on Friday unit shut off.

Failed to boot when I turned it on (red light).

I learned from some directions from @barrows post how to boot it with green light on but when I went to apps roon ready and tried to update the unit it shut off.This happened a few times so now using 2.7 card.

I hope this  clears up the confusion.

We have started shipping 2.8 cards again. Cards shipping today do not need the update procedure above.

For regular updates stopping all audio playback at the server/controller is recommended. Then wait for the Back to Main Link at the bottom of the screen and reboot.  

I upgraded my ultraRendu to version 2.8 with replacing my old 2.7 card for a new 2.8 card. This according the instructions from Andrew and Jesus. This was still the first card, not the updated version that came out very recently. Everything went fine, but look out when inserting the new card in the slot. Do this preciseley! One question remains: I am used to delete every app I don't need, so I did, but I was not able to delete the Roon app. Is there a reason for this?

8 minutes ago, jos said:

I upgraded my ultraRendu to version 2.8 with replacing my old 2.7 card for a new 2.8 card. This according the instructions from Andrew and Jesus. This was still the first card, not the updated version that came out very recently. Everything went fine, but look out when inserting the new card in the slot. Do this preciseley! One question remains: I am used to delete every app I don't need, so I did, but I was not able to delete the Roon app. Is there a reason for this?

Some people are having trouble finding the hole:)

I have one other report of not being able to delete the RoonReady app, but I have not been able to replicate it here.

There is no reason to delete the unused apps output modes since they are not running when not the selected output mode. LMS, BubbleUPnP, and the SonoreUPnP Bridge are active if installed. 

All said if you update all the cards are the same. 

Not sure if this is a good place to post this but Sonicorbiter - The Operating System is locked so I thought this was the next best place. I did the upgrade to the 2.8 OS for both of my opticalRendus several days ago and, knock on wood, both of them seem to working correctly since then. I'm glad @vortecjr said to ignore the errors as the update went along because there were a lot of them but everything went off without a hitch and I'm now current on the OS. Thanks.

8 minutes ago, daverich4 said:

Not sure if this is a good place to post this but Sonicorbiter - The Operating System is locked so I thought this was the next best place. I did the upgrade to the 2.8 OS for both of my opticalRendus several days ago and, knock on wood, both of them seem to working correctly since then. I'm glad @vortecjr said to ignore the errors as the update went along because there were a lot of them but everything went off without a hitch and I'm now current on the OS. Thanks.

Update them both again. 

I also almost missed the hole and inserted the card above the slot. Tip for other users: don't be lazy as we were, take the ultraRendu out of the rack and change cards properly. :P

1. WiiM Pro - Mola Mola Makua - Apollon NCx500+SS2590 - March Audio Sointuva AWG

2. LG 77C1 - Marantz SR7005 - Apollon NC502MP+NC252MP - Monitor Audio PL100+PLC150+C265 - SVS SB-3000

3. PC - RME ADI-2 DAC FS - Neumann KH 80 DSP

4. Phone - Tanchjim Space - Truthear Zero Red

5. PC - Keysion ES2981 - Truthear Zero Red

2 hours ago, vortecjr said:

Some people are having trouble finding the hole:)

I have one other report of not being able to delete the RoonReady app, but I have not been able to replicate it here.

There is no reason to delete the unused apps output modes since they are not running when not the selected output mode. LMS, BubbleUPnP, and the SonoreUPnP Bridge are active if installed. 

All said if you update all the cards are the same. 

Thanks for repleying and yes, its a minor isue.

4 minutes ago, Matias said:

I also almost missed the hole and inserted the card above the slot. Tip for other users: don't be lazy as we were, take the ultraRendu out of the rack and change cards properly. :P

Indeed!! In my case it was laziness too, but I could correct it after I turned the uR and it was falling out.

19 minutes ago, daverich4 said:

That didn’t go well, now I have two non-working units. Haven’t tried putting the 2.7 cards back in but 2.8 was working until this update. 

2.7 is your back up. Anyway, what I need to know is how far the updates got? Did it finish and give you a link Back to Main Menu? If they did not let me know so we can work around it and get you updated.   

3 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

2.7 is your back up. Anyway, what I need to know is how far the updates got? Did it finish and give you a link Back to Main Menu? If they did not let me know so we can work around it and get you updated.   

They both got back to the Main Menu and I did the requested reboot on both of them. Somehow, that process didn’t complete but when I unplugged them, let them sit for a minute and then plugged them back in both units came back online. 

15 minutes ago, daverich4 said:

They both got back to the Main Menu and I did the requested reboot on both of them. Somehow, that process didn’t complete but when I unplugged them, let them sit for a minute and then plugged them back in both units came back online. 

Update them again just in case. 

23 minutes ago, daverich4 said:

If you re-boot from sonicorbiter.com, and get the message: "cannot connect to server", or something like that, just wait a  minute, and refresh the webpage: the Rendu should appear then.  It seems to me, that sometimes, sonicorbiter.com times out, expecting the Rendu to re-boot faster than it does.  If you refresh the page after the Rendu has had a chance to fully re-boot, it shows up.

Perhaps @vortecjr can confirm my suspicion here.

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio