IGNORED

Sonicorbiter - The Operating System

10 hours ago, bobflood said:

He never does that. He always leaves that judgement up to you the user.

I’ll take that as a no, just smoke ‘n mirrors. Maybe some necessary bug fixes.  Nothing most will notice. 

Tidal / Qobuz--> Roon--> Fios Gigabit--> Netgear Prosafe GS105 --> Supra 8-->EtherRegen --> Fiber--> opticalRendu / CI Audio LPS --> Curious Evolved Link --> Chord Qutest--> AQ Water --> Belles Aria Integrated--> AQ Robin Hood--> Kudos Super 20's

@bobflood I’m not really interested in waiting to hear your opinion about whether or not the new version of sonicorbiter provides a sound quality improvement.  This is a simple question purposely directed to the software designer - who I’m going to assume has a done many hours of testing and comparing  It’s entirely reasonable to expect a simple, clear answer without obfuscation. 

Tidal / Qobuz--> Roon--> Fios Gigabit--> Netgear Prosafe GS105 --> Supra 8-->EtherRegen --> Fiber--> opticalRendu / CI Audio LPS --> Curious Evolved Link --> Chord Qutest--> AQ Water --> Belles Aria Integrated--> AQ Robin Hood--> Kudos Super 20's

1 hour ago, OldBigEars said:

@bobflood I’m not really interested in waiting to hear your opinion about whether or not the new version of sonicorbiter provides a sound quality improvement.  This is a simple question purposely directed to the software designer - who I’m going to assume has a done many hours of testing and comparing  It’s entirely reasonable to expect a simple, clear answer without obfuscation. 

Good luck with that.

1 hour ago, OldBigEars said:

It doesn’t really matter what you’re interested in. Bob stated the facts for you. These facts have been gleaned over many years of using Sonore products and talking to the company about each update. Sonore doesn’t comment on changes in sound quality. Period. End of story. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

7 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

It doesn’t really matter what you’re interested in. Bob stated the facts for you. These facts have been gleaned over many years of using Sonore products and talking to the company about each update. Sonore doesn’t comment on changes in sound quality. Period. End of story. 

I don't see the link between my comment and your response. It's weird - as if you haven't read or understood my point. Bob's facts have nothing to do with whether or not Sonore should be able to inform its customers (like me) how a replacement  product compares to the previous version in the critical dimension of sound quality. "Sonore doesn't comment on changes in sound quality" Let's just allow that statement to marinate.  It's priceless.  It's rude of you to say that you're not interested in my comments.  But I'm more concerned about whether Sonore is interested in the questions and concerns of its customers.  You or Bob don't need to feel the urge to intervene.

13 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

It's never too late to change, not even for Jesus 9_9.

Relaterad bild

As was asked two days ago by BCRich, and still unanswered, are the cards actually shipping yet? I don't think that is too controversial a question (but I could be wrong).

Main System: [Synology DS216, Rpi-4b LMS (pCP)], Holo Audio Red, Ayre QX-5 Twenty, Ayre KX-5 Twenty, Ayre VX-5 Twenty, Revel Ultima Studio2, Iconoclast speaker cables & interconnects, RealTraps acoustic treatments

Living Room: Sonore ultraRendu, Ayre QB-9DSD, Simaudio MOON 340iX, B&W 802 Diamond

I don’t think so. Probably Jessus didn’t see the question.

Jensen VRD-iFF>Router>Rj45>opticalModule>
SFP>Buffalo2016>SFP>opticalModule >Rj45>

IZen Mk3>Rj45> Delock62619>Rj45>
etherRegen (Master Clock+ Mini-Circuits BLP)>SFP>opticalRendu>USB>IsoRegen>

USB>Phoenix>USB>OPPO 205 (Modded)>HMS “the Perfect Match”>Proac Tablette Reference 8 Signature.

22 hours ago, vortecjr said:

I'll try not to be to controversial:)

Sonic Orbiter 2.8 is for sale and we have shipped a few and are shipping more each day. This is a big update and we are doing this slowly on purpose incase odd things pops up as we move along. FYI this is typical of any of our releases. 

The reason for the new OS is as previously discussed...update apps, fix broken apps, add a new feature(s), and modernize the OS. I recommend people update to Sonic Orbiter 2.8 and keep the older OS as a backup.

SQ wise it sounds great...enjoy! 

Jesus, with the new card will it be like starting with a brand new unit? Will all previous settings be lost such as the Drive Mounter settings and MPD configuration? Trying to prepare myself... Thanks

Main System: [Synology DS216, Rpi-4b LMS (pCP)], Holo Audio Red, Ayre QX-5 Twenty, Ayre KX-5 Twenty, Ayre VX-5 Twenty, Revel Ultima Studio2, Iconoclast speaker cables & interconnects, RealTraps acoustic treatments

Living Room: Sonore ultraRendu, Ayre QB-9DSD, Simaudio MOON 340iX, B&W 802 Diamond

Just now, Axiom05 said:

Jesus, with the new card will it be like starting with a brand new unit? Will all previous settings be lost such as the Drive Mounter settings and MPD configuration? Trying to prepare myself... Thanks

With a new card, you'll have to set your rendu again.

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100

I just ordered four new cards, one each for my Signature Rendu SE, OpticalRendu, UltraRendu, and MicroRendu. I read in post #720 that a special promotion would be provided to owners of a Signature Rendu SE, however, I did not see any "special promotion" when ordering. Am I missing something?

Bob

7 hours ago, BahamaBob said:

I just ordered four new cards, one each for my Signature Rendu SE, OpticalRendu, UltraRendu, and MicroRendu. I read in post #720 that a special promotion would be provided to owners of a Signature Rendu SE, however, I did not see any "special promotion" when ordering. Am I missing something?

Sounds good - looking forward to hearing how they sound, unless of course you have a policy of not commenting on sound quality 😉

15 hours ago, OldBigEars said:

Sounds good - looking forward to hearing how they sound, unless of course you have a policy of not commenting on sound quality 😉

Sir, I sincerely apologise for my post, I was not intending it to become a source of ridicule. I was merely seeking an answer to my question, alas that appears to be eluding me.

If the moderator of this thread would remove my post I would appreciate it. thank you.

Bob

Hi Jesus,

Just got back from vacation and (unexpectedly) found the v2.8 information........I hadn't been following the thread/topic at all, just the optical Rendu thread...........you might want to put a short post in some of the other threads as well for folks like me who don't follow all the threads here.

Can you tell us if v2.8 includes (new version and protocols) NAA4.0.0 for HQPlayer and if not, when that will be available?

It is a bit of a hassle, but I fully support upgrading to a more modern/updated kernel periodically.

Maintaining the old stuff gets to be a real pia...........or even worse, maintaining many parallel versions.

Off to order my SD card update.....................

Happy new year

On 1/7/2020 at 6:09 PM, vortecjr said:

New modern Kernel, updated apps, return of Spotify (beta). I'm also trying to include Compact Disc Digital Audio Streaming as discussed here: https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic/57261-sonore-compact-disc-digital-audio-streaming/

4 hours ago, cat6man said:

Hi Jesus,

Just got back from vacation and (unexpectedly) found the v2.8 information........I hadn't been following the thread/topic at all, just the optical Rendu thread...........you might want to put a short post in some of the other threads as well for folks like me who don't follow all the threads here.

Can you tell us if v2.8 includes (new version and protocols) NAA4.0.0 for HQPlayer and if not, when that will be available?

It is a bit of a hassle, but I fully support upgrading to a more modern/updated kernel periodically.

Maintaining the old stuff gets to be a real pia...........or even worse, maintaining many parallel versions.

Off to order my SD card update.....................

Happy new year

JR, Please see the above regarding NAA 4.0. HQPlayer 4.3 was released today and it supports NAA 4.0. I am sure you will be getting inquiries about this and its availability on SO 2.8.

I just received 2.8 for my Signature Rendu SE Optical. Guys, I cannot get Roon to see the Rendu. The Rendu is coming up in the Sonicorbiter software. The settings seem correct and I restarted the Roon app on the Rendu. My DAC is recognized by Sonicorbiter and the DAC is indicating a connection with the Rendu.  I have restarted everything multiple times, but no success.

When I change out the card to 2.7, Roon recognizes the Rendu.

Steve Plaskin

10 minutes ago, Mercman said:

I just received 2.8 for my Signature Rendu SE Optical. Guys, I cannot get Roon to see the Rendu. The Rendu is coming up in the Sonicorbiter software. The settings seem correct and I restarted the Roon app on the Rendu. My DAC is recognized by Sonicorbiter and the DAC is indicating a connection with the Rendu.  I have restarted everything multiple times, but no success.

When I change out the card to 2.7, Roon recognizes the Rendu.

Try a different USB cable. Don’t laugh, I’ve done it. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png