IGNORED

Sonicorbiter - The Operating System

1 hour ago, Mercman said:

I just received 2.8 for my Signature Rendu SE Optical. Guys, I cannot get Roon to see the Rendu. The Rendu is coming up in the Sonicorbiter software. The settings seem correct and I restarted the Roon app on the Rendu. My DAC is recognized by Sonicorbiter and the DAC is indicating a connection with the Rendu.  I have restarted everything multiple times, but no success.

When I change out the card to 2.7, Roon recognizes the Rendu.

If you see your DAC in DAC Diagnostics and you pressed Save in Apps / RoonReady then in Roon go to Settings / Audio enable the Rendu.

9 hours ago, Jim Sylva said:

If I have gleaned anything from this site, it's this: sound quality is in the ear/mind of the beholder. Jesus is wise to not go there. 

OK so it's wise that a manufacturer doesn't talk about the primary, relative performance capabilities of its products.  And that's normal? hmmmm

Barrows - the other regular contributor from Sonore on this website - normally has plenty to say about sound quality performance.  Perhaps he can chime in?

Tidal / Qobuz--> Roon--> Fios Gigabit--> Netgear Prosafe GS105 --> Supra 8-->EtherRegen --> Fiber--> opticalRendu / CI Audio LPS --> Curious Evolved Link --> Chord Qutest--> AQ Water --> Belles Aria Integrated--> AQ Robin Hood--> Kudos Super 20's

Got the 2.8 card but couldn't get the Bridge app to recognize my Unitiqute and Roon couldn't find the Bridge app in Squeezelite mode. Tried every permutation of restart etc from modem on back. Bummer, as what I heard straight from the mR sounded good (beefier) but the main draw of the sonicorbiter OS is the ability to cast Roon to my non-RAAT Naim. Reverted back to 2.7 and all works just as it should. Tried back and forth a few times but to no avail. 

I will wait to see if there's any update that might solve this otherwise will have to return for a refund. 

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: opticalModule> Sonore microRendu 1.4> Matrix Mini-i Pro 3> Naim NAP 110>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack, Moon Audio DIN>RCA, USB A>C. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab. 

Got it yesterday. Everything runs ok. Roon running in the Zen.  I tried Spotify, squeezelite and HQP (running in my STi5). Didn’t experienced any SQ improvement but I was not counting with it. Just a clean os update, ready for futures apps. Thank’s Jesus

Jensen VRD-iFF>Router>Rj45>opticalModule>
SFP>Buffalo2016>SFP>opticalModule >Rj45>

IZen Mk3>Rj45> Delock62619>Rj45>
etherRegen (Master Clock+ Mini-Circuits BLP)>SFP>opticalRendu>USB>IsoRegen>

USB>Phoenix>USB>OPPO 205 (Modded)>HMS “the Perfect Match”>Proac Tablette Reference 8 Signature.

11 hours ago, charlesphoto said:

Got the 2.8 card but couldn't get the Bridge app to recognize my Unitiqute and Roon couldn't find the Bridge app in Squeezelite mode. Tried every permutation of restart etc from modem on back. Bummer, as what I heard straight from the mR sounded good (beefier) but the main draw of the sonicorbiter OS is the ability to cast Roon to my non-RAAT Naim. Reverted back to 2.7 and all works just as it should. Tried back and forth a few times but to no avail. 

I will wait to see if there's any update that might solve this otherwise will have to return for a refund. 

This has been fixed...just update the unit.

3 hours ago, vortecjr said:

This has been fixed...just update the unit.

Did earlier today - Andrew let me know. A few hiccups at first but all working now. Sounding really great I might say, but I'll leave it at that, as everyone's mileage and ears may vary as far as that is concerned. Playing from Roon much snappier now as well. 

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: opticalModule> Sonore microRendu 1.4> Matrix Mini-i Pro 3> Naim NAP 110>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack, Moon Audio DIN>RCA, USB A>C. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab. 

Tried to update tonight, multiple error messages, I don’t think it completes the update because the oRendu shuts down. Left this morning with a Burn in disc playing on repeat, got home it had stopped after 40mins because the oRendu shut down by itself.

FYI: just received my 2.8 card yesterday, no issues prior.

Appreciate any help.

Thanks.....Mike

9 hours ago, BCRich said:

Tried to update tonight, multiple error messages, I don’t think it completes the update because the oRendu shuts down. Left this morning with a Burn in disc playing on repeat, got home it had stopped after 40mins because the oRendu shut down by itself.

Appreciate any help.

Thanks.....Mike

That is not normal. The update yesterday takes 30 seconds at most. What color is the status LED when it turns off?

12 hours ago, BCRich said:

Appreciate any help.

Thanks.....Mike

I got error messages on the first update (not the NAA 4.0 update which went fine) but it did complete. However, as I mentioned above, it did not restart on reboot and I had to power down and then re-power up to restart.

6 hours ago, vortecjr said:

That is not normal. The update yesterday takes 30 seconds at most. What color is the status LED when it turns off?

Thank you Jesus for replying.

I have seen it red on occasion and off all together, when I tried the update it was unlit as it failed to properly execute.

I did the usual disconnect, reseat the SD Card, and reboot. And all was good. I had it playing when I left for work this morning. I think I tried the update twice last night, same thing happened each time.