IGNORED

Sonicorbiter - The Operating System

6 hours ago, micbro said:

I have hit my first hurdle with 2.8 on the SE.   When switching to MPD / DLNA from RoonReady and using Linn Kazoo as a controller.

Cannot sign in to Tidal.   Account and password are entered and the screen just sticks at a "signing in" screen.

I've turned off / rebooted / reloaded latest Kazoo etc.

Any ideas as to what I could be doing wrong ?  Worked perfectly with 2.7

If you are using Kazoo as the controller you need to uncheck Compatibility Mode in the Rendu in Settings / MPD DLNA and then press Save.

for the issue above go to Kazoo and select something other than Tidal or Qobuz.

- then in the Rendu go to Apps / MPD DLNA
- clearing DLNA cache
- clearing MPD database
- Then go to Kazoo and select Tidal or Qobuz 

I had a customer report this issue yesterday.  

“I received the 2.8 card today. I opened Roon, hit play, and it played fine for 20 minutes. Then it disappeared as a zone.

I tried unplugging the opticalRendu power to reboot, but can’t get anything but a red light. It appears as a Network Player on sonicorbiter.com but can’t connect when “Manage” is pressed.”

It turns out he was powering the unit with a JS-2 at 12V and the unit was overheating and shut down. The solution was to dial the voltage down to 7V.

1 hour ago, vortecjr said:

“I received the 2.8 card today. I opened Roon, hit play, and it played fine for 20 minutes. Then it disappeared as a zone.

I tried unplugging the opticalRendu power to reboot, but can’t get anything but a red light. It appears as a Network Player on sonicorbiter.com but can’t connect when “Manage” is pressed.”

It turns out he was powering the unit with a JS-2 at 12V and the unit was overheating and shut down. The solution was to dial the voltage down to 7V.

I am amazed he didn't fry it.

4 hours ago, vortecjr said:

Wow!  Very lucky that the opticalRendu survived 12 VDC input.  Kudos to John's protection circuitry.

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

Hi all,

Just received my 2.8 SD card this morning and can’t get it working at all.

I’ve put the original 2.7 SD card back in and everything works fine, so I haven’t got a clue what’s going on can someone please help.

I’ve restarted the Router, restarted the opticalrendu, restarted the opticalmodule. I’ve tried absolutely everything and the light on the opticalrendu just won’t change from red, just constantly red.

Both lights are on the opticalmodule, one solid green one flashing orange.

Any insight would be much appreciated please, thanks

19 minutes ago, quark said:

Hi all,

Just received my 2.8 SD card this morning and can’t get it working at all.

I’ve put the original 2.7 SD card back in and everything works fine, so I haven’t got a clue what’s going on can someone please help.

I’ve restarted the Router, restarted the opticalrendu, restarted the opticalmodule. I’ve tried absolutely everything and the light on the opticalrendu just won’t change from red, just constantly red.

Both lights are on the opticalmodule, one solid green one flashing orange.

Any insight would be much appreciated please, thanks

I received a new 2.8 card yesterday for my Sig Rendu SE Optical and am experiencing a constant Red LED. I have tried everything as you have. 2.7 works flawlessly. I love the Sig Rendu SE and hope that something will be figured out for this issue. 

Steve Plaskin

Thought I'd tried everything too. Then I followed this advice: 2. Have you pressed Save in Settings. (solves most issues). And it turned out to be true. But maybe you did this. Scroll back a couple of pages in this discussion and consult the numbered list of stuff to check.

Desktop: SonicTranporter i7, Ubiquiti switch, optical, OpticalRendu, Musician Pegasus, Linear Tube MicroZOTL 3, ZMF Verite Open

Main: SonicTransporter i7, Uniquiti switch, optical, EtherRegen, Lumin U1, Bricasti M3, Naim 252/250, DeVore Gibbon Nines

14 minutes ago, johnwilk said:

Thought I'd tried everything too. Then I followed this advice: 2. Have you pressed Save in Settings. (solves most issues). And it turned out to be true. But maybe you did this. Scroll back a couple of pages in this discussion and consult the numbered list of stuff to check.

Hi mate thanks for the advice

but unfortunately I can’t even get to the settings to press Save, Just a constant red light

Quark,

Have you tried disconnecting and reconnecting the Ethernet cables?

Or maybe removing and re-installing the SFP modules?

• HQPE 1.4/1.5 MHz 20 Bit PCM
  • Streaming Qobuz or playing files from external SSD
  • Surface Go 3 i3 Tablet with HQPlayer Client
  • ISP Cable Modem -> Ethernet -> Sonore opticalModule 
  • Sonore opticalModule  -> 20m Fiber -> Sonore opticalModule -> Ethernet -> Managed Switch
  • Managed Switch -> Ethernet -> Sonore opticalModule Deluxe -> 5m Fiber -> Sonore Sig Rendu SE Optical ( HQPlayer NAA )
  • Managed Switch -> Ethernet ->Small Green Computer sonicTransporter i9 Optical ( HQPlayer Embedded )
  • Sonore Sig Rendu SE Optical -> USB -> Holo Audio KTE May
  • Holo Audio KTE May -> XLR -> Goldpoint SA1X/47 -> XLR to Decware ZBIT -> RCA to Decware ZSTAGE25 -> RCA to Decware SE84UFO25 -> Avantgarde Duo Omega Horns with Townshend Audio Ribbon Super Tweeters
  • Decware SE84UFO25 -> Speaker Level to Jensen IsoMax Balanced Converter -> XLR Rives PARC -> XLR Avantgarde SUB225s

got my v2.8 SD card installed yesterday........hardest part was properly inserting the new SD card by touch at back of opticalRendu  :)

these SD cards were not designed for large klutzy hands

then deleted all apps except for hqplayer NAA, which is the only one i use

then updated

got lots of error messages

updated again, fewer error messages, but NAA 4.0 was now available and running fine

perhaps i should have done all the updates before deleting the stuff i don't need?

Some updates

quark's issue seems to be a cracked SD card so I'll have Andrew send him a new card.

cat6man the cards are cumbersome to install even with the enclosure removed:) Anyway, just update your unit a second time and the last of the updates will come in. The temp file errors are in the script that runs in the update. Andrew has located the errors in the script, fixed them, and the revised scripts will go into shipments starting Monday.   

Received a new 2.8 card yesterday for microRendu and start enjoying music with HQPlayer Desktop(ver 4.3.1).  I have two questions:
Q1. It changes a model name display in http://sonicorbiter.com/ page. It says "Model: ultraRendu" but it sould be microRendu, not uR.  Is my new 2.8 card is for microRendu?

Version: 2.8
    Model: ultraRendu
    IP Address: ***.***.***.***
    MAC: D0:63:B4:01:04:98
    Serial Number: 010498

Q2. The NAA driver software might be beta as HQPlayer Output Device settings page says: "Device: 28beta:NuPrime IDA-8: USB Audio".  Is USB Audio driver is beta version?

Finally, I'd like to report that it need to update software with "Software Update" page twice. 

14 hours ago, vortecjr said:

The temp file errors are in the script that runs in the update. Andrew has located the errors in the script, fixed them, and the revised scripts will go into shipments starting Monday.   

Are these fixes available with an Update?

There is a 2.8 Card en-route to me, is this to be replaced or do I need to return it for a replacement that contains these revisions?

thanks, Simon

10 hours ago, steven.y said:

Received a new 2.8 card yesterday for microRendu and start enjoying music with HQPlayer Desktop(ver 4.3.1).  I have two questions:
Q1. It changes a model name display in http://sonicorbiter.com/ page. It says "Model: ultraRendu" but it sould be microRendu, not uR.  Is my new 2.8 card is for microRendu?

Version: 2.8
    Model: ultraRendu
    IP Address: ***.***.***.***
    MAC: D0:63:B4:01:04:98
    Serial Number: 010498

Q2. The NAA driver software might be beta as HQPlayer Output Device settings page says: "Device: 28beta:NuPrime IDA-8: USB Audio".  Is USB Audio driver is beta version?

Finally, I'd like to report that it need to update software with "Software Update" page twice. 

On 1. You have to email us so we can see what was ordered and what was shipped. Its an easy fix though.

On 2. I'm not sure what that is.

On 3. Nice work.

3 hours ago, simon_pepper said:

Are these fixes available with an Update?

There is a 2.8 Card en-route to me, is this to be replaced or do I need to return it for a replacement that contains these revisions?

thanks, Simon

Just update your card twice. 

18 hours ago, vortecjr said:

Some updates

quark's issue seems to be a cracked SD card so I'll have Andrew send him a new card.

cat6man the cards are cumbersome to install even with the enclosure removed:) Anyway, just update your unit a second time and the last of the updates will come in. The temp file errors are in the script that runs in the update. Andrew has located the errors in the script, fixed them, and the revised scripts will go into shipments starting Monday.   

Thank you so much

15 hours ago, steven.y said:

Steven, email me at [email protected] so I can log into your unit and update the model type.

18 hours ago, steven.y said:

same here with NAA device as 28beta.........maybe a leftover in Jussi's new NAA4.0 code?

On 2/1/2020 at 4:13 AM, Mercman said:

I received a new 2.8 card yesterday for my Sig Rendu SE Optical and am experiencing a constant Red LED. I have tried everything as you have. 2.7 works flawlessly. I love the Sig Rendu SE and hope that something will be figured out for this issue. 

Looks like my SD card was cracked in shipment. 

Steve Plaskin

I just received two 2.8 cards, one for an ultra rendu and one for an optical. They were clearly marked which one went with which unit but I too cannot get passed the red light of doom on both units. They work fine back on 2.7 however. No sign of physical damage on cards.