IGNORED

AudiophileOptimizer BETA Thread (AO 3.00 beta is closed)

Hi,

I'm running WS2016 Core ServerStandardEval edition with a timebased activation expiration, which is linked on AO website. The one instaled on Control-PC works fine, the one on AudioPC shuts down after 30 to 60 minutes.

Could it be on purpose to force people to activate?

Martin

Phil, I found this interesting article.  I'd appreciate your comments re whether AO overcomes these issues on Windows 10.  If it's an issue on Windows 10 Enterprise, it's certainly also an issue on Pro.

https://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/3010547/microsoft-appears-to-be-blatently-ignoring-privacy-group-settings-in-windows-10

OK, so another question.  It seems everyone agrees that Windows Server 2016 sounds better than Windows 10.  I'm not familiar with Server editions ... is Essentials sufficient to get core mode and get the maximum benefit from AO?

Is Windows Server 2016 free from the privacy issues highlighted in this article?

After a while struggling with Windows 10, the price of Windows Server 2016 doesn't look so bad.O.o 

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

11 hours ago, bummer said:

Hi Phil,

in dual-PC setup Audio-PC shuts down after a while out of sudden , even when playing.

AO 2.20 Beta 5

Any idea?

Martin

8 hours ago, bummer said:

Hi,

I'm running WS2016 Core ServerStandardEval edition with a timebased activation expiration, which is linked on AO website. The one instaled on Control-PC works fine, the one on AudioPC shuts down after 30 to 60 minutes.

Could it be on purpose to force people to activate?

Martin

Hi

you need to activate the trial of Windows, otherwise it will start shutting down after two hours.

Best,

AudioPhil

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

1 hour ago, bummer said:

Hi Phil,

I found this command for WS2008 powershell:

cscript C:\windows\system32\slmgr.vbs -ato

Does it work for WS2016?

Thanks

Martin

Hi Martin

sure, slmgr.vbs works on all Windows Versions since Windows 7/Server 2008 and up.

There is also a small chapter about its usage in our PDF guide.

Best,

AudioPhil

____________________________________________________________________________________

Doing things in the wrong order is never good

I installed Roon server in core mode before i had run AO to provide Roon support

I installed again after running AO, but loading tracks fails. The logs are full of "failed to extract audio format"

The first install was unhappy as the audio codecs were missing - perhaps the reinstall didn't deal with that

Any suggestions - delete Roon, clean out the registry and try again?

Source: Pink Faun Ultra - Chord DAVE

Amps: VTV Purifi

Speakers: Trenner and Friedel RA

Cables : JCAT reference USB, Tellerium XLR, Kubula-Sosna Elation speaker

Plus CEC TL 5 Cd transport - Blackcat Tron BNC - Chord DAVE

Hi

Roon in Core will only work on Server 2016 and with AO 2.20 Beta 5 or newer. It will not work on 2012/2012 R2 or with older AO versions.

Best,

AudioPhil

Hi Phil - if that was for me I'm using beta 5 and Server 2016.

3 minutes ago, kaka said:

Hi Phil - if that was for me I'm using beta 5 and Server 2016.

Hi

Please run "AO -WASAPI" again.

Best,

AudioPhil

Action!!

I didn't run AO - WASAPI as i am using ASIO to the mutec, but Roon must have needed it

BTW the Mutec driver loaded itself the first time, none of that removal and trying again

Thanks

kaka

19 hours ago, rickca said:

Phil, I found this interesting article.  I'd appreciate your comments re whether AO overcomes these issues on Windows 10.  If it's an issue on Windows 10 Enterprise, it's certainly also an issue on Pro.

https://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/3010547/microsoft-appears-to-be-blatently-ignoring-privacy-group-settings-in-windows-10

OK, so another question.  It seems everyone agrees that Windows Server 2016 sounds better than Windows 10.  I'm not familiar with Server editions ... is Essentials sufficient to get core mode and get the maximum benefit from AO?

Is Windows Server 2016 free from the privacy issues highlighted in this article?

After a while struggling with Windows 10, the price of Windows Server 2016 doesn't look so bad.O.o 

Hello

For Windows 10 I made an "Anti Piracy" feature. It works pretty simply by rerouting all the requests to know Microsoft Servers to a non existent (not reachable) address. So basically it does not matter if Windows does or does not try to contact those Microsoft servers, because if it does it won't reach the target anyway.

Might be an idea to include this for Server 2016 as well, but in a future version of AO...

Best,

AudioPhil

7 minutes ago, AudioPhil said:

For Windows 10 I made an "Anti Piracy" feature. It works pretty simply by rerouting all the requests to know Microsoft Servers to a non existent address. So basically it does not matter if Windows does or does not tries to contact those Microsoft servers, because if it does it won't reach the target anyway.

What does matters is that Windows 10 is still doing all the processing to collect the data and try to exfiltrate it, and they keep changing the servers.  Actually, the privacy exposure bothers me less than the unnecessary code execution.  That's why I ask whether this issue is as big a deal in Server 2016.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

On ‎05‎.‎08‎.‎2016 at 0:24 PM, planner said:

Is Kernel-Streaming not supported in Windows 10? Just installed AO today. It didn't have the option to install KS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi

The question does not show up because KS is available in Windows 10 "out of the box". So it would not make any sense to offer such a feature in AO.

Best,

AudioPhil

16 hours ago, greenleo said:

@Phil,

If I'm doing a clean installation of OS, followed by clean installation of AO, do I just run AO only?  Or do I need to run AO-WASAPI afterwards?

Hi

Please see step-by-step instructions over here: http://jplay.eu/forum/index.php?/topic/2282-how-to-switch-from-gui-mode-to-a-near-core-mode-in-windows-server-2016/

Best,

AudioPhil

8 hours ago, AudioPhil said:

Hi Phil,

I read the thread through but can't get the answer.  My question is very simple, just a yes or no answer will do.

Scenairo:

A fresh installation Win Server 2016 in core mode.

latest AO b5 installed, run in ultimate mode with wasapi support option chosen

***  Restart ***

Question:

Do I need to run AO-WASAPI now?  (Or is this process already been taken care by the previous AO run as described in the scenario?)

Regards

7 hours ago, greenleo said:

Hi Phil,

I read the thread through but can't get the answer.  My question is very simple, just a yes or no answer will do.

Scenairo:

A fresh installation Win Server 2016 in core mode.

latest AO b5 installed, run in ultimate mode with wasapi support option chosen

***  Restart ***

Question:

Do I need to run AO-WASAPI now?  (Or is this process already been taken care by the previous AO run as described in the scenario?)

Regards

Hi

you cannot run AO in ultimate mode and run the WASAPI injector at the same time. The WASAPI injector is an independet part.

So yes, you need to run "AO -WASAPI".

Best,

AudioPhil

36 minutes ago, AudioPhil said:

Hi

you cannot run AO in ultimate mode and run the WASAPI injector at the same time. The WASAPI injector is an independet part.

So yes, you need to run "AO -WASAPI".

Best,

AudioPhil

Great.  Thank you for the reply.  

Given that they are independent, does it means that AO-WASAPI may be run first, followed by running AO?  Or AO must be run first, then AO-WASAPI.  After these, the installation of the DAC driver.

Sorry, i posted the wrong link in my last post. All you need to know is found here: 

http://jplay.eu/forum/index.php?/topic/2321-wasapi-in-core-mode-all-you-need-to-know/?view=getnewpost

On 2017-05-23 at 7:11 PM, dtb300 said:

Have you tried OO Shutup 10 to disable all that gathering and telemetry in Win10?

From the site:

...........Using a very simple interface, you decide how Windows 10 should respect your privacy by deciding which unwanted functions should be deactivated.......................

OO10 Work good on server 2016 Gui AND Core
Have tested and it eliminate many piracy settings

https://www.oo-software.com/shutup10

On 22/05/2017 at 10:43 PM, AudioPhil said:

Yes this is correct. 1A is the most "exact" way, most precise, fast and clear. 4D on the other hand is more lifelike, more fluid, more body to the sound, more weight. 4D is more like a tube amp while 1A is more like transistor amp.

When using AO with the MicroRendu do these settings make any difference given that the output from Server is via Ethernet to the Rendu?