IGNORED

AudiophileOptimizer BETA Thread (AO 3.00 beta is closed)

Hi everyone

At present I am running WS2016 in Dual PC configuration. I have AO 2.20 Beta 5 installed. I'm not going to do it yet as it seems likely that in subsequent versions of AO 2.20, it will become easier for the less experienced and knowledgeable such as myself to set up WS2016 in Core Mode.

Connection between my Control PC and Audio PC is via Ethernet cable. If I were to run Core Mode, would I be able to maintain the wireless connection between my Control PC and my router? I need this in order to run a Samsung Galaxy tablet to control my setup via WiFi.

My WS2106 core server build came up with networking working, didn't have to do anything

Of course I didn't disable networking in AO

If you didn't have to load drivers or do setup in WS2016 gui mode, then you probably won't need to do anything in code mode either

Source: Pink Faun Ultra - Chord DAVE

Amps: VTV Purifi

Speakers: Trenner and Friedel RA

Cables : JCAT reference USB, Tellerium XLR, Kubula-Sosna Elation speaker

Plus CEC TL 5 Cd transport - Blackcat Tron BNC - Chord DAVE

Thanks kaka.

So a question to all on this thread. If I try to run WS2016 in Core Mode, I will need to install the driver for my M2Tech HiFace Evo and Minimserver. Phil has published a guide on how to install Minimserver and Java so I can follow that. What about installing the M2Tech driver? Any potential pitfalls there or can I just simply do it by running the installation exe file from Q-Dir?

I also like to run JRiver Media Center for cataloging and library purposes. Will that install OK in Core Mode? And how to I bring up the Control Panel to set up the fixed IP addresses to establsih communication between Control PC and Audio PC?

Finally ... Is there a decent online guide to setting up WS2016 in Core Mode? The link would be very handy!

Sorry if I am asking dumb questions. I want to find out as much as I can before trying it. I have next week off work so I am tempted to give it a go!

2 hours ago, JazzDoc said:

Thanks kaka.

So a question to all on this thread. If I try to run WS2016 in Core Mode, I will need to install the driver for my M2Tech HiFace Evo and Minimserver. Phil has published a guide on how to install Minimserver and Java so I can follow that. What about installing the M2Tech driver? Any potential pitfalls there or can I just simply do it by running the installation exe file from Q-Dir?

I also like to run JRiver Media Center for cataloging and library purposes. Will that install OK in Core Mode? And how to I bring up the Control Panel to set up the fixed IP addresses to establsih communication between Control PC and Audio PC?

Finally ... Is there a decent online guide to setting up WS2016 in Core Mode? The link would be very handy!

Sorry if I am asking dumb questions. I want to find out as much as I can before trying it. I have next week off work so I am tempted to give it a go!

The following I located within/from this thread....always good to read through it and do a little research:

- sconfig works great most times for Network Card setup/changes.   Make sure to read/search for NETSH commands as they work great when sconfig may not.

-We now have Device Manager and Sound Control Panel in 2016 Core 

- IMO - if you are going to run Server 2016 Core, brush up on your NETSH commands and commonly used Core tools (Google is your friend)......

**Also do a Google search (who would have thought) for:  windows server 2016 core commands

On 28.5.2017 at 2:10 PM, JazzDoc said:

Hi everyone

At present I am running WS2016 in Dual PC configuration. I have AO 2.20 Beta 5 installed. I'm not going to do it yet as it seems likely that in subsequent versions of AO 2.20, it will become easier for the less experienced and knowledgeable such as myself to set up WS2016 in Core Mode.

Connection between my Control PC and Audio PC is via Ethernet cable. If I were to run Core Mode, would I be able to maintain the wireless connection between my Control PC and my router? I need this in order to run a Samsung Galaxy tablet to control my setup via WiFi.

Hi

As soon as your Audio machine has Ethernet and is connected to the same LAN as your WiFi Access Point you will be able to remotely control the machine with your tablet.

Best,

AudioPhil

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

On 28.5.2017 at 5:23 PM, JazzDoc said:

Hi

With the final release of AO 2.20 there should be basic OS installation guides for Server 2012 R2, Server 2016 and Windows 10.

Best,

AudioPhil

____________________________________________________________________________________

Some info

I run Roon in control mode and Real VNC on another machine to control the WS2016 core mode server

Roon controls Roon Server

RealVNC gives access to HQPlayer settings

I have never known if remote desktop services and remote desktop management are needed to do that or not

The answer is no

Using AO beta 5 it all works after :

Disabling drivers and services

Leaving networking on

Disabling remote desktop services

Disabling remote management services

On 2017-5-30 at 0:15 AM, AudioPhil said:

Hi

With the final release of AO 2.20 there should be basic OS installation guides for Server 2012 R2, Server 2016 and Windows 10.

Best,

AudioPhil

Any target launching date for the official 2.20?

Happy birthday AO.  4-year old now.  Time flies☺

@Phil

I have installed audiophile optimizer 2.20 Beta 5 on two computer systems with server 2016 core mode, also booting in ram. And it sounds really excellent, and I want to say thank you very much for the brilliant work.

I have a question concerning win server 2016 core in ram:

The mmsys.cpl command doesn’t work. I’am using an original en-US keyboard. What can I do? I want to use the sound control panel, to organize two dacs.

I didn't have that running either, until I ran AO -WASAPI

3 minutes ago, dtb300 said:

In 2016 you install either GUI (Experience) or Core - there is no switching.   

If running Core brush up/or learn your commands needed to run and use Core - discussed here in this thread.

Thank you.

the commands i already know, just missed the thread when you should install Core or GUI from fresh....guess i need to install the OS again in CORE mode. 

On 2.6.2017 at 8:32 AM, wigil said:

@Phil

I have installed audiophile optimizer 2.20 Beta 5 on two computer systems with server 2016 core mode, also booting in ram. And it sounds really excellent, and I want to say thank you very much for the brilliant work.

I have a question concerning win server 2016 core in ram:

The mmsys.cpl command doesn’t work. I’am using an original en-US keyboard. What can I do? I want to use the sound control panel, to organize two dacs.

Hi

The Keyboard does not matter, it must be an en-US installation of the OS itself.

Best,

AudioPhil

On 4.6.2017 at 5:41 PM, greenleo said:

Would you mind sharing how to boot it in RAM?

I tried many times the usual way to install the firadisk driver via the pnputil-command. The system was always announcing a successful driver-installation. But the driver didn’t appear in the system32 folder.

Eventually I found the agnipulse site: install-boot-all-versions-windows-vhd-using-firadisk and it helped. The firadisk-driver was installed.

I followed the instructions but changed the ways a little bit according to the instructions for windows server 2012.

I think that two things are crucial. First to put the registry folder in the tweaks of winntsetup and second to use the dism command to install the driver.

In the bcd file of the vhd I inserted two entries with bcdedit: 000048 and 000049 and set them true.

Normal boot of the new vhd needs possibly F8 Disable Driver Signature Enforcement.

On 6.6.2017 at 3:30 PM, wigil said:

My installation is an en-US installation of the OS.

Hi

And you followed these steps exactly?

http://jplay.eu/forum/index.php?/topic/2321-wasapi-in-core-mode-all-you-need-to-know/?view=getnewpost

best,

AudioPhil

Hi All, well my pc is bedding in nicely since I switched shell mode from Fidelizer 7.7 to JRIVER instead. 

For some reason if kept asking for a pip.txt file or failing to start correctly. Since switching which program runs in shell mode (windows 10 creative update (clean install)) everything works perfectly

So much extra punch with music. So much better, I'm hearing so much more than before 

not to sure why it won't work correctly with Fidelizer in shell mode. But hey, it's a beta and the workarounds is an easy fix so I'm happy.

It could still be something I've done, so hey-ho

?

For the last couple of weeks I am switching between 2010, 2012 & 2016 (GUI & Core).

And finally I am settled on Win 2016 core mode. I am fully convinced that so far Win 2016 core is the best for SQ with AO 2.20 Beta5. Now it feels like I have changed a major component in my audio rig, lots of details retrieval with authoritative bass reproduction. Filters is now 1A, works fine in my system.
System: CAPS V4 with PPA V3 and HD Plex LPS > JB> Uptone Regen> Singxer F-1 DDC > EMM Labs DAC-2X> Hegel P-30 PreAmp > Lyngdrof RP-1 Digital Room Correction > Hegel H-30 Power amp > Dynaudio Sapphire + REL S2 x2 Sub.  Cables are Acoustic Zen Absolute. USB Cable- Acoustic Revive. Over the years I have changed and added lots of components in my rig but this software makes a real improvement which I could comprehend without any critical listening.    
Now the music is so beautiful and engaging I could immersed myself listening hours after hours without any listening fatigue. 
Thanks Phil for your continuous effort to make AO perfect and providing us with this nice upgrade.
And also thanks for bringing this high-end audio product without a high-end price tag ...... so nice of you.       

Now listening this album, WOW
Duke%27s_Big_4.jpg