IGNORED

SOtM smS-200 unveiled at Munich Hi-End

4 hours ago, manisandher said:

Thanks for letting us know.

Any idea exactly what the new 'CPU latency tuning' does and/or how it works?

Mani.

The CPU latency tuning is the most important in this firmware version.

It is automatically enabled and users can disable it in the system config page. Because Enabling the CPU latency tuning can bring a significant sound improvement on the system., but it might sound a bit stingy for some few systems(in this case, recommend enhancing some devices hardwarely first), so we added a disable function.

2 hours ago, MayfromSOtM said:

It is automatically enabled and users can disable it in the system config page. Because Enabling the CPU latency tuning can bring a significant sound improvement on the system., but it might sound a bit stingy for some few systems(in this case, recommend enhancing some devices hardwarely first), so we added a disable function.

Congratulations SOtM team!

I love what 'CPU latency tuning' does 🙂.

Mani.

Main: SOtM sMS-200 -> Okto dac8PRO -> 6x Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Tune Audio Anima horns + 2x Rotel RB-1590 amps -> 4 subs

Home Office: SOtM sMS-200 -> MOTU UltraLite-mk5 -> 6x Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Impulse H2 speakers

Vinyl: Technics SP10 / London (Decca) Reference -> Trafomatic Luna -> RME ADI-2 Pro

5 hours ago, MayfromSOtM said:

Good job to all the SOtM team, I like this update. This is like another christmas present 🤩

Curious thing : the little yellow arrow for the update was on on the previous version, but didn't lead anywhere.

I had to burn a new image and load it this way.

Note : you may have to update the kernel after installing, it was needed here.

Mac Mini server running Audirvana+

SOtM SMS-200 neo ultra w/ external clock output linked to a tX-USBhubEX 
SOtM SPS-500 powering both streamer and USB reclocker with Ghent Audio Y DC cable

Wyred4Sound DAC2DSDse w/femto clock

Audia flight FL TWO

B&W CM10S2

Updated the software this evening. Oops... more detail, more clarity. Hope this version is more stable than the previous, I had to reboot at least once an evening. We will see. But the sq is addictive (my smS-200 is best friends with a Sonnet Morpheus, they really like each other).

I had no trouble with the Online Upgrade. All worked well and took about 10 mins start to finish. It's too early to comment on SQ.

I had hoped this would also fix the issue I have with HQPlayer NAA - I'm at version 4.20 and have been told there is an update to the NAA but after stopping the app, closing it on my computer, clicking uninstall and seeing "3-2-1 Done" the app is still there and not uninstalled at all. So, I don't get the "Install" button to install the upgrade.

May responded to me about this a week or so ago saying that I should wait as files were being prepared. Any ideas on what I'm doing incorrectly? I've tried multiple uninstalls, rebooting the SMS 200 Ultra, etc.

Analog: Rega P8 'Table > Ortofon Cadenza Black Cartridge > Bob's Devices SUT 1:20 > Naim Supernait3 Phono Section

Network Streaming: SoTM SMS200 Ultra w/ SoTM SPS500 power supply > Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC
Digital Disc: Shanling ET3 CD Transport > Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC

Audio: Naim Supernait3 Integrated> Harbeth P3ESR Speakers w/ Two Goldenear Forcefield 3 Subwoofers
Power: PS Audio Stellar PowerPlant3

4 hours ago, creativepart said:

I had no trouble with the Online Upgrade. All worked well and took about 10 mins start to finish. It's too early to comment on SQ.

I had hoped this would also fix the issue I have with HQPlayer NAA - I'm at version 4.20 and have been told there is an update to the NAA but after stopping the app, closing it on my computer, clicking uninstall and seeing "3-2-1 Done" the app is still there and not uninstalled at all. So, I don't get the "Install" button to install the upgrade.

May responded to me about this a week or so ago saying that I should wait as files were being prepared. Any ideas on what I'm doing incorrectly? I've tried multiple uninstalls, rebooting the SMS 200 Ultra, etc.

It's not clear to me what is the issue about exactly, but if you have updated the firmware version to the 0.5.3 please try to install(uninstall and reinstall back) HQPlayer NAA newly and test it out. Thank you.

10 hours ago, MayfromSOtM said:

It's not clear to me what is the issue about exactly, but if you have updated the firmware version to the 0.5.3 please try to install(uninstall and reinstall back) HQPlayer NAA newly and test it out. Thank you.

As I said, I have updated to 5.3. I also have tried multiple times to uninstall the HQP NAA. The uninstall function says it’s working and shows Done. But the NAA is still installed and so I am not able to reinstall the new NAA version.

Analog: Rega P8 'Table > Ortofon Cadenza Black Cartridge > Bob's Devices SUT 1:20 > Naim Supernait3 Phono Section

Network Streaming: SoTM SMS200 Ultra w/ SoTM SPS500 power supply > Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC
Digital Disc: Shanling ET3 CD Transport > Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC

Audio: Naim Supernait3 Integrated> Harbeth P3ESR Speakers w/ Two Goldenear Forcefield 3 Subwoofers
Power: PS Audio Stellar PowerPlant3

8 minutes ago, creativepart said:

As I said, I have updated to 5.3. I also have tried multiple times to uninstall the HQP NAA. The uninstall function says it’s working and shows Done. But the NAA is still installed and so I am not able to reinstall the new NAA version.

If you have a spare microSD card it would be better to start from scratch, download the 5.31 img file from here, burn it and reboot your sMS200 

Stefano

My audio system

I burned a spare microSD with the latest release and did not find any problems. I've only used the MPD & DLNA option. I will try out Roon soon. My system consists of Apple iMac, sMS-200ultra, tx-USBultra, Bricasti M1SE.

I really would like to know what the new CPU latency tuning option does. The feature is part of the Linux system installed on the sMS-200? I presume it manages timing in the sMS-200. But what exactly does it do and why is there a note from @MayfromSOtM regarding compatibility with other electronics in the system?

I've left it on default but have not performed any comparison testing which you can imagine is not easy given that my audio memory is probably less than 10 seconds 🤔

I have just updated to V5.31 and noted that the MPD version in the update bundle is V0.23.4 yet when I carried out the uninstall/install procedure (as previously announced by SOtM) on another card with Eunhasu V5.2 the MPD version is V0.23.10.

I have done the Kernel check after the update to Eunhasu V5.31 but it appears the older version of MPD is still there.

Should I now repeat the uninstall/install procedure to update the MPD version and why wasn't it part of the update bundle for V5.31?

5 hours ago, ClothEars said:

I have just updated to V5.31 and noted that the MPD version in the update bundle is V0.23.4 yet when I carried out the uninstall/install procedure (as previously announced by SOtM) on another card with Eunhasu V5.2 the MPD version is V0.23.10.

I have done the Kernel check after the update to Eunhasu V5.31 but it appears the older version of MPD is still there.

Should I now repeat the uninstall/install procedure to update the MPD version and why wasn't it part of the update bundle for V5.31?

The last MPD version here is 0.23.10 according to the Updated release repo page https://www.sotm-audio.com/sotmwp/english/updated-release-repo/

never seen 0.23.4

… according to the change log the previous version was 0.22.6

Stefano

My audio system

22 minutes ago, ClothEars said:

That’s what has me mystified. Why isn’t the latest version 23.10 part of the update bundle. They have updated MPD in previous other updates so why not this time?  

They changed the way services are updated. Reading the Updated release repo it seems the new way to update the services is to uninstall and reinstall them.

This was true with LMS, HQP NAA and MPD.

Shairport should be uninstalled and reinstalled too to have it working with V0.5.31 fw update as May told me

Stefano

My audio system

9 minutes ago, stefano_mbp said:

They changed the way services are updated. Reading the Updated release repo it seems the new way to update the services is to uninstall and reinstall them.

This was true with LMS, HQP NAA and MPD.

Shairport should be uninstalled and reinstalled too to have it working with V0.5.31 fw update as May told me

OK, thanks for the tip.