IGNORED

Sonore microRendu

Fiddling with what I thought was a network problem, I removed my FMC’s and – Hello!? Another layer of fatigue inducing crud disappeared.

Why was I surprised..? Stupid me. They really are not needed with a microRendu.

(receiving FMC was powered by a 9v SBooster).

Roon client on iPad/MacBookPro

Roon Server & HQPlayer on Mac Mini 2.0 GHz i7 with JS-2

LPS-1 & ultraRendu → Lampizator Atlantic → Bent Audio TAP-X → Atma-sphere M60 → Zero autoformers → Harbeth Compact 7 ES-3

Jesus,

After upgrading to Version 2.3, now I can't get my mojo to do DSD256 in DLNA without major clicks if it plays at all. Using the same settings in JRiver I always did.

We did not change anything with respect to the DLNA output in version 2.3. Also, as far as I know JRiver does not support DSD256 via DLNA. Something like Synology DiskStation or MinimServer will do the trick.

Hello all, new here with a question.

I'm wondering as to the compatibility between my Korg DS-DAC using AudioGate 4 software and the new Sonore microRendu?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Warm regards,

Geoffrey

Yes on supporting the DAC. No on supporting the Korg software.

Hi, I currently run a mac mini into a cheap smsl dac. I'm looking to upgrade in a value orientated way and have couple of questions.

1. how does the microrendu compare with best of similarly priced usb/spdif converters? Would a decent spdif converter with Mac mini be bettered by the microrendu?

2 does it make sense to use a USB to spdif converter with microrendu, would it improve further?

3 do higher end dacs nullify the impact of microrendu or spdif converters? (Because they clean up the signal internally?

Thanks, Tom

Fiddling with what I thought was a network problem, I removed my FMC’s and – Hello!? Another layer of fatigue inducing crud disappeared.

Why was I surprised..? Stupid me. They really are not needed with a microRendu.

(receiving FMC was powered by a 9v SBooster).

Huh? Are you still using fiber or no?

Hi, I currently run a mac mini into a cheap smsl dac. I'm looking to upgrade in a value orientated way and have couple of questions.

1. how does the microrendu compare with best of similarly priced usb/spdif converters? Would a decent spdif converter with Mac mini be bettered by the microrendu?

2 does it make sense to use a USB to spdif converter with microrendu, would it improve further?

3 do higher end dacs nullify the impact of microrendu or spdif converters? (Because they clean up the signal internally?

Thanks, Tom

Comparing the microRendu to a USB to SPDIF converter is not appropriate because they perform different functions. The microRendu is intended to replace whatever you currently have for local playback in a streaming capacity. Put another way you will use your existing computer or NAS only to send it streams. The microRendu will no be nullified by the DAC used.

Comparing the microRendu to a USB to SPDIF converter is not appropriate because they perform different functions. The microRendu is intended to replace whatever you currently have for local playback in a streaming capacity. Put another way you will use your existing computer or NAS only to send it streams. The microRendu will no be nullified by the DAC used.

Hi, I understand that they perform different functions but, from what I understand, they can both be used to improve sound quality. So let's say I have $700 to spend. I could use it to replace my mac mini with a microrendu and get a cleaner usb output, Or I could buy a $700 usb-spdif converter for the mac mini. Both with a view to improving SQ but which is likely to have a more siginificant impact?

I could use it to replace my mac mini with a microrendu and get a cleaner usb output

If the MAC Mini is your only computer, the mRendu can't replace it. The mRendu requires another computer (Mac Mini, PC, NAS) in order to work. It is connected to this other computer by means of Ethernet cable on your home network and as such isolates it from the noise coming from the other computer. Besides isolating from this noise, it has very good USB output, is fanless (low noise), and low power requirements (again low noise) heading into your DAC.

Sent from my iPad using Computer Audiophile

Hi, I understand that they perform different functions but, from what I understand, they can both be used to improve sound quality. So let's say I have $700 to spend. I could use it to replace my mac mini with a microrendu and get a cleaner usb output, Or I could buy a $700 usb-spdif converter for the mac mini. Both with a view to improving SQ but which is likely to have a more siginificant impact?

I would start by upgrading to a good USB DAC. Then you can decide on what the best source is. I think you can tell what I think is the best source:)

If the MAC Mini is your only computer, the mRendu can't replace it. The mRendu requires another computer (Mac Mini, PC, NAS) in order to work. It is connected to this other computer by means of Ethernet cable on your home network and as such isolates it from the noise coming from the other computer. Besides isolating from this noise, it has very good USB output, is fanless (low noise), and low power requirements (again low noise) heading into your DAC.

Sent from my iPad using Computer Audiophile

Yes, that I understand, but thanks for clarifying. I just mean replace as the audio renderer/streamer from nas.

What I'm not clear about is how the effect of all that low noise compares with say a good usb-spdif converter or better dac.

Obviously a mac mini is more flexible/powerful than the microrendu so if similar gains can be achieved by spending those $ on usb converter or better dac then that would be preferable to me. But if consensus is that the microrendu is able to achieve sonic improvements beyond what can be achieved by spending similar $ on usb converter or Dac then it starts to become good value despite the reduced functionality.

In my system the microRendu is a big improvement over my former source (pioneer N-30 streamer). Every system benefits from a good source. And microRendu really makes a difference here. Of course you will need a good dac to get the most out of it. Also a good power supply will do a lot for microRendu. Other optimizations won't matter as much. In my experience.

Yes, that I understand, but thanks for clarifying. I just mean replace as the audio renderer/streamer from nas.

What I'm not clear about is how the effect of all that low noise compares with say a good usb-spdif converter or better dac.

Obviously a mac mini is more flexible/powerful than the microrendu so if similar gains can be achieved by spending those $ on usb converter or better dac then that would be preferable to me. But if consensus is that the microrendu is able to achieve sonic improvements beyond what can be achieved by spending similar $ on usb converter or Dac then it starts to become good value despite the reduced functionality.

Hi. Just my personal opinions here based on my experience the last few weeks (i am no expert).

I would do what JR says - a decent USB DAC first and then go with the microrendu.

If you go down the USB to SPDIF converter path you will then be looking for a good USB or SPDIF filterer/conditioner/isolator to clean-up/filter/regenerate the signal from your Mac Mini.

I tried this but ultimately decided I just want a cleaner USB source in the first place (the microrendu) rather than spending similar money on conditioners from Wyrd/iFi/Intona etc. They do great jobs, so don't dismiss them but I didn't need any once I get the microrendu (for my system). Note, I didn't have immediate success with the microrendu - I had to remove other weak links which were holding back performance in my system (added linear PSU's and removed a noisy WiFi router from the system)

Just my experiences, so not by any means the thing that everyone should do because of so many variables in different peoples systems.

Hope this helps!

Sent from my Blackberry DTEK50 using Tapatalk

On post #3358

Huh? Are you still using fiber or no?

No, I removed the FMC’s between the router and mR.

Another big step was connecting a Entreq grounding box to my router. Wow...

Roon client on iPad/MacBookPro

Roon Server & HQPlayer on Mac Mini 2.0 GHz i7 with JS-2

LPS-1 & ultraRendu → Lampizator Atlantic → Bent Audio TAP-X → Atma-sphere M60 → Zero autoformers → Harbeth Compact 7 ES-3

Just my updated experience. Got my LPS-1 for my uRendu for my MSB Diamond V. Was running it both DLNA and tried Roon endpoint and didn't like it as much compared to my Caps/Jriver/CoreTechLps/Jcat combo. Roon endpoint mode really didn't do it for me.

Just switched to NAA without any upsampling of HQPlayer a totally different setup obviously compared to my T&A DAC DSD and it truly is wonderful. Not a huge quantum improvement of the Caps above using JRiver or in NAA but any improvement is welcome and this seems like the ticket for me. The LPS-1 has been burning in since Friday.

Much happier today with this purchase as this was my last iteration before listing it for sale. Really excellent and probably the very first time I have heard anything top my Caps/Jcat/KaiaCoreTechLPS combination

Just my updated experience. Got my LPS-1 for my uRendu for my MSB Diamond V. Was running it both DLNA and tried Roon endpoint and didn't like it as much compared to my Caps/Jriver/CoreTechLps/Jcat combo. Roon endpoint mode really didn't do it for me.

Just switched to NAA without any upsampling of HQPlayer a totally different setup obviously compared to my T&A DAC DSD and it truly is wonderful. Not a huge quantum improvement of the Caps above using JRiver or in NAA but any improvement is welcome and this seems like the ticket for me. The LPS-1 has been burning in since Friday.

Much happier today with this purchase as this was my last iteration before listing it for sale. Really excellent and probably the very first time I have heard anything top my Caps/Jcat/KaiaCoreTechLPS combination

Great...thanks for posting your findings here. It would have been nice to have the Uptone Audio LPS-1 available when the microRendu launched, but it just wasn't possible.

Update Notice:

There is new version of RoonReady available on the microRendu. This new version includes basic bug fixes per Roon documentation.

Please follow this upgrade procedure for the microRendu if you have not done so already:

1. Go to Apps and select Software Manager

2. Now select Update

3. Wait for "Back to main menu" to appear at the bottom of the screen and ignore any Complete notices

Update Notice:

There is new version of RoonReady available on the mciroRendu and Sonicorbiter SE. This new version includes basic bug fixes per Roon documentation.

Please follow this upgrade procedure for the microRendu if you have not done so already:

1. Go to Apps and select Software Manager

2. Now select Update

3. Wait for "Back to main menu" to appear at the bottom of the screen and ignore any Complete notices

Why doesn't it show that there is an updated version available?

2.3 copy.jpg

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos