IGNORED

Sonore microRendu

Looks like this setup won't maintain the timing guarantees that RAAT provides for multi-device zones, as there won't be a tight-enough flow control between the Sonicorbiter RAAT>DLNA bridge and the DLNA endpoint. It doesn't matter for me as I don't use multi-endpoint Roon zones, but it will need to be carefully documented to avoid disappointing user expectations. My new Hegel H360 has UPnP/DLNA but is not RoonReady, I'd be happy to test the new feature, although it won't be my default configuration, as I prefer my current external DAC setup (microRendu>USB>Schiit Yggdrasil>balanced XLR>H360) to the H360's internal DAC.

To be fair to Roon I don't want to call this a RAAT>DLNA bridge. Until the name is released we are just referring to it as a new application. Multi-zone synchronization is not a project goal and it will be documented.

Can I ask if Naim streamers are on that list or will be?

It might work and I have several requests for it. The new output mode has two stream formats and your device will need to support one of them. Understand that we do not have any feedback from the various manufacturers so any things goes until we get really life feedback.

You got it. With this output mode USB is not used or active. In regards to compatibility: We have a core group of devises we are specifically targeting. Beyond that core group we are going to "try" to support other devices. Again the main focus is the core group of devices. I'm going to keep a database of devices with comments here on CA on a dedicated thread.

I still don't understand. Since no USB signal from the uRendu is used what do you hook up to a dac?

A good day,

I don`t know if the problems mentionned below are related to HQ Player/NAA or my DAC or to the microRendu.

I am using the microRendu together with the HQ Player and NAA successfully when connected to a Re-Clocker/USB-device (Acousense - Artistic Fidelity AFI-USB) which is itself connected to my Lynx Hilo by SPDIF (so HQ Player NAA shows: Network Adapter - default: LJSound (which is the USB Chip of the Re-Clocker).)

I am using in addition a WLAN-Bridge (Netgear Nighthawk) connected to the mRendu and a Mac Book Pro (with HQ Player)

Now I wanted to listen to a DSD setup and connected the mRendu directly to my Lynx Hilo and the problems started:

HQ Player "sees" the Lynx Hilo (Network Adapter - default - Lynx Hilo), mRendu "sees" it (with all the listed specs of the Lynx Hilo) but whenever I start HQ Player I get the message "error - failed to open audio device" and HQ Player refuses to accept music files.

I started/rebooted the Lynx Hilo/mRendu/HQ Player for several times, I updated mRendu to the latest firmware - all this didn`t solve my problem.

I can run my Lynx Hilo without any problems when used as "Core Audio Device" in HQ Player so I suppose this is a microRendu problem - are there any known issues with Lynx Hilo and mRendu?

best wishes and thanks in advance,

Christian

A good day,

I don`t know if the problems mentionned below are related to HQ Player/NAA or my DAC or to the microRendu.

I am using the microRendu together with the HQ Player and NAA successfully when connected to a Re-Clocker/USB-device (Acousense - Artistic Fidelity AFI-USB) which is itself connected to my Lynx Hilo by SPDIF (so HQ Player NAA shows: Network Adapter - default: LJSound (which is the USB Chip of the Re-Clocker).)

I am using in addition a WLAN-Bridge (Netgear Nighthawk) connected to the mRendu and a Mac Book Pro (with HQ Player)

Now I wanted to listen to a DSD setup and connected the mRendu directly to my Lynx Hilo and the problems started:

HQ Player "sees" the Lynx Hilo (Network Adapter - default - Lynx Hilo), mRendu "sees" it (with all the listed specs of the Lynx Hilo) but whenever I start HQ Player I get the message "error - failed to open audio device" and HQ Player refuses to accept music files.

I started/rebooted the Lynx Hilo/mRendu/HQ Player for several times, I updated mRendu to the latest firmware - all this didn`t solve my problem.

I can run my Lynx Hilo without any problems when used as "Core Audio Device" in HQ Player so I suppose this is a microRendu problem - are there any known issues with Lynx Hilo and mRendu?

best wishes and thanks in advance,

Christian

Send us an email so we can look some things over.

Hi all. I have a Windows 7 computer/ MicroRendu/Roon/Auralic ( both Vega and Altair), and can not get the driver for either dac to enable. I'm not sure if it's a Windows problem or Roon problem, or even to Micro Rendu problem, but each time, with several different drivers tried, it gives me the " device initiation failure". It seems like a high definition WASAPI driver is the only one it will enable. Probably something I am missing, but any help would be great! Thanks in advance.

Hi all. I have a Windows 7 computer/ MicroRendu/Roon/Auralic ( both Vega and Altair), and can not get the driver for either dac to enable. I'm not sure if it's a Windows problem or Roon problem, or even to Micro Rendu problem, but each time, with several different drivers tried, it gives me the " device initiation failure". It seems like a high definition WASAPI driver is the only one it will enable. Probably something I am missing, but any help would be great! Thanks in advance.

What "mode" do you use for the MicroRendu ?

Can Roon see the MicroRendu?

Assuming Roon works for you.

You don't need any drivers in order to use the MicroRendu.

The Micro Rendu does see Roon. I am pretty sure either Auralic likes to see it's Asio driver installed to be correct. I'm not sure I understand the mode question. Thanks

Are the MicroRendu set to Roon ready ?

Have you tried the DAC diagnostic tool ?

What happens when you start to play an album ?

Do you mean Asio driver installed on W7 ?

Also, it seems DSD is not supported:

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f26-sonore-sponsored/sonore-microrendu-27389/index40.html#post527907 , but I suppose that is not relevant information at the moment.

Is the mRendu available to purchase in Europe or only importing from USA?

Sorry if this as been asked/replied before.

In the beginning God made 'the light.'

Shortly thereafter God made three big mistakes.

The first mistake was called MAN, the second mistake was called WO-MAN, and the third mistake was the invention of THE POODLE.