IGNORED

Sonore microRendu

First off, thanks for your help. I have a Win 7 connected to a wireless router, but use a cat 6 cable to the back of the MicroRendu. Out of the MicroRendu (using the LP1) and Cardas power cable, I connect to TWL Discreet usb cable to my Auralic Altair dac.

Are the MicroRendu set to Roon ready (RAAT) ?

Have you tried the Altair as RAAT?

(Just to verify network and Roon interface)

Does your MicroRendu see the Altair ?

What does the DAC diagnostic tool say ?

The cat 6 goes from the router ?

Not that it's matters, but wouldn't the Vega make more sense to use in the setup you described.

Hi all. I have a Windows 7 computer/ MicroRendu/Roon/Auralic ( both Vega and Altair), and can not get the driver for either dac to enable. I'm not sure if it's a Windows problem or Roon problem, or even to Micro Rendu problem, but each time, with several different drivers tried, it gives me the " device initiation failure". It seems like a high definition WASAPI driver is the only one it will enable. Probably something I am missing, but any help would be great! Thanks in advance.

If your USB device is connected to the microRendu you do not need to install any drivers on your computer.

From the microRendu GUI to to Apps / App Switcher and select the RoonReady output mode. Roon will not list the microRendu until the microRendu sees your DAC. To verify if the microRendu sees your DAC go to Apps / DAC Diagnostics. If the DAC is not listed you may have to remove the USB cable, reconnect the USB cable, then refresh the page. If your DAC is still not listed try power cycling the DAC followed by power cycling the microRendu and then go to Apps / DAC Diagnostics. Once the DAC is listed then you can go into the Roon Settings / Audio and Enable the microRendu for playback.

I'll call them this week and see what information I can get from them. Do you have an alternate email?

I spoke with Lynx today and they gave me some things to try. First, if you can go into the Hilo configuration and reset the device to factory defaults. This assures that channel 1 and 2 are routed properly. After the reset try playback again.

Update:

The SonoreUPnP Bridge application has been released on the Sonicorbiter operating system. This application will facilitate using Roon Server with the Sonore Signature Series Rendu and other DLNA/UPNP devices.

For more information refer to the official thread here:

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f26-sonore-sponsored/sonicorbiter-sonoreupnp-bridge-beta-30468/

I posted about this issue a while ago and did not get anywhere. This week I posted a dedicated thread in the software section, convinced that this was an iTunes issue. I have received some good help and input, but the issue remains unsolved, and I hate a mystery! Help! Help! See link below:

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f11-software/windows-itunes-shareport-mode-runs-48khz-16-44-1khz-material-30569/

Windows 11 PC, Roon, HQPlayer, Focus Fidelity convolutions, iFi Zen Stream, Paul Hynes SR4, Mutec REF10, Mutec MC3+USB, Devialet 1000Pro, KEF Blade.  Plus Pro-Ject Signature 12 TT for playing my 'legacy' vinyl collection. Desktop system; RME ADI-2 DAC fs, Meze Empyrean headphones.

I posted about this issue a while ago and did not get anywhere. This week I posted a dedicated thread in the software section, convinced that this was an iTunes issue. I have received some good help and input, but the issue remains unsolved, and I hate a mystery! Help! Help! See link below:

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f11-software/windows-itunes-shareport-mode-runs-48khz-16-44-1khz-material-30569/

The microRendu can't change in rate with this output mode. If you are getting 48kHz, that is likely what your PC is streaming to the microRendu.

Well, according to that link, microRendu will not handle user specified delays for PCM to DSD transitions, but only delays for PCM sample rate transitions.

Please, correct me if I am wrong on this conclusion.

[ATTACH]26415[/ATTACH]

This feature has been added. Please update your unit and test.

The microRendu can't change in rate with this output mode. If you are getting 48kHz, that is likely what your PC is streaming to the microRendu.
Jesus

AirPlay only streams ALAC fixed at 16bit/44.1kHz for audio (AirPlay's AirTunes service), which would imply that the Shairport AirPlay emulator in the microRendu can only be receiving 44.1kHz stream via AirPlay and the PC running iTunes that's streaming via AirPlay can only be sending a 44.1kHz stream!

John

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

Jesus

AirPlay only streams ALAC fixed at 16bit/44.1kHz for audio (AirPlay's AirTunes service), which would imply that the Shairport AirPlay emulator in the microRendu can only be receiving 44.1kHz stream via AirPlay and the PC running iTunes that's streaming via AirPlay can only be sending a 44.1kHz stream!

John

That is not what the facts imply.

You said, "AirPlay only streams ALAC fixed at 16bit/44.1kHz for audio (AirPlay's AirTunes service), which would imply that the Shairport AirPlay emulator in the microRendu can only be receiving 44.1kHz stream via AirPlay and the PC running iTunes that's streaming via AirPlay can only be sending a 44.1kHz stream!"

I said, "That is not what the facts imply." If the DAC Diagnostics page says he is getting 48kHz then the unit is receiving 48kHz. The microRendu can't change in rate with this output mode. If you are getting 48kHz, that is likely what your PC is streaming to the microRendu. If it were changing the rate then all streams would be resampled to 48kHz with that output mode and they are not.

Ok, so you were referring to the microRendu's DAC Diagnostics page info. How certain are you that the DAC Diagnostics page is indicating the rate that the microRendu's Shairport Airplay emulator is receiving (so from AirPlay), rather than what it is outputting to the DAC, when the microRendu is in Shairport output mode?

I'm asking because I thought it was common knowledge that AirPlay only streams audio at 44.1kHz and you appear to be implying that is not true.

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

I doubt Airplay is limited to 44Khz – 48 makes more sense from a video perspective (sync with 50 fps).

Roon client on iPad/MacBookPro

Roon Server & HQPlayer on Mac Mini 2.0 GHz i7 with JS-2

LPS-1 & ultraRendu → Lampizator Atlantic → Bent Audio TAP-X → Atma-sphere M60 → Zero autoformers → Harbeth Compact 7 ES-3

The Mr is a great product. I have accounts with both Google and tidal but I think it would help more than just me to have Google play support. I'm guessing there is contractual complications but 1 billion downloads vs 1 million is substantial.

Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-TL10 using Computer Audiophile mobile app

1479474398509.jpg

1479474404580.jpg

Peach Audio Iso Transformer, Linn Akurate DSM, McIntosh MA2275 

Paradigm 30th Anniversary Tributes, SVS SB13 Ultra x2, Dynaudio BM5A MKII

The Mr is a great product. I have accounts with both Google and tidal but I think it would help more than just me to have Google play support. I'm guessing there is contractual complications but 1 billion downloads vs 1 million is substantial.

Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-TL10 using Computer Audiophile mobile app

That is a hard one because it's closed source.

I have a Yggy with both the microRendu and and USB attached hard drive (via a sonicTransporter). I have been unable to get the signal to the Yggy. Andrew, at SmallGreenComputer has helped, and he recommended that I try a DDC (USB to SPDIF). This still did not help. Suggestions are welcome.

A lot of people are using this combination. Is the microRendu Enabled for playback in Roon?