IGNORED

Sonore microRendu

Hi, I've got a Job INTegrated amplifier with integrated dac. This is a nice amp with a nice dac (see 6moons rave review). However I have a problem with using the microRendu. When I turn the Job INTegrated ON the first song played is very distorted. A high cut out sound, but the song can be recognised. When I stop and restart the song the problem is over. The problem doesn’t occur again until I turn the amp OFF and ON again. Until recently I’ve been using an Aries Mini as the source. Same problem there. Is this a problem that's to be solved by the amp manufacturer or is there something Sonore could do?

Out of curiosity, how do you like the sound once the Job and MCRU are working together?

Pareto Audio aka nuckleheadaudio

Hi, I've got a Job INTegrated amplifier with integrated dac. This is a nice amp with a nice dac (see 6moons rave review). However I have a problem with using the microRendu. When I turn the Job INTegrated ON the first song played is very distorted. A high cut out sound, but the song can be recognised. When I stop and restart the song the problem is over. The problem doesn’t occur again until I turn the amp OFF and ON again. Until recently I’ve been using an Aries Mini as the source. Same problem there. Is this a problem that's to be solved by the amp manufacturer or is there something Sonore could do?

It sounds like an issue that might need to be addressed by the DAC/Amp manufacturer. If the manufacture contacts us we can arrange for a Sonicorbiter SE for them to use in testing.

Maybe a dumb question (in fact, I'm sure it's a stupid question); still, I'll ask anyway:

I've heard with the mR it's best to keep it running warm; moreover, I'll have the LPS-1 soon to feed it. But the question is, is it enough to keep the mR plugged to an AC line, or must one keep music going through it to keep it warm and ready? I'm just wondering if plugging it in and getting the Ethernet lights is enough.

Thanks!

SonicTransporter i5 -> Linn KDS/3 -> M3a-800S -> EgglestonWorks Andra II

Maybe a dumb question (in fact, I'm sure it's a stupid question); still, I'll ask anyway:

I've heard with the mR it's best to keep it running warm; moreover, I'll have the LPS-1 soon to feed it. But the question is, is it enough to keep the mR plugged to an AC line, or must one keep music going through it to keep it warm and ready? I'm just wondering if plugging it in and getting the Ethernet lights is enough.

Thanks!

Keep in the unit plugged in will keep all the circuits energized.

It sounds like an issue that might need to be addressed by the DAC/Amp manufacturer. If the manufacture contacts us we can arrange for a Sonicorbiter SE for them to use in testing.

Pity. Got this reply from Job after telling them the microRendu has no OFF switch:

This is certainly what is creating the distortion unfortunately.

The sequence of actions is important. It should be :

1) plug in the JOB

2) select USB input

3) turn on the player

4) then launch the music

Thanks.

Best Regards.

Check this out:)

P1080964.jpg

Wow, the microRendu is a real power miser! Check out pics of its low 160mA (0.16A) current draw (at 7V)--and of it in turn bus-powering an iFi iDSD DAC/headphone amp, with a total draw for the two of just 0.85A.

The isolated LPS-1 combined with the isolated microRendu and a bus-powered DAC really removes both the AC and computer stuff from the equation!

Pity. Got this reply from Job after telling them the microRendu has no OFF switch:

This is certainly what is creating the distortion unfortunately.

The sequence of actions is important. It should be :

1) plug in the JOB

2) select USB input

3) turn on the player

4) then launch the music

Thanks.

Best Regards.

Sounds like the simple solution is to just leave everything turned on. Alot of people, myself included, leave amps on 24/7. Some manufacturers, like Naim, recommend it. And we know the mR likes it too.

Sounds like the simple solution is to just leave everything turned on. Alot of people, myself included, leave amps on 24/7. Some manufacturers, like Naim, recommend it. And we know the mR likes it too.

I leave all SS equipment on, including mR and computers. Just tube Equipment I turn off.

Audio system: APL Streamer-> APL DSD-MR MK2 DAC -> Audiopax Maggiore L50 Pre and M100 Monoblocks -> Tidal Contriva G2 speakers

Hey Folks. If you are attending RMAF please remember to come see us and check out the µRendu and Sonore Signature Power supply in person. RMAF Tower Room 3021, I'll be around as well to answer questions and chat, etc.

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

What is the ultimate portable Ethernet device for hosting you music library that the uRendu can stream music from?

A DC powered storage device would be preferable.

What are you trying to do? Also, what output mode will you be using?

Wait a minute...are you trying to get off the grid:)

What are you trying to do? Also, what output mode will you be using?

Wait a minute...are you trying to get off the grid:)

DLNA output mode, using an iPad control point.

I am using this equipment:

Sonore uRendu Streamer: Sonore - microRendu

Uptone Audio LPS-1 Ultracap PS: UltraCap™ LPS-1 – UpTone Audio

Battery: ᐅ XTPower MP-50000 Powerbank im Test ᐅ

Schiit Jotunheim amp. or Chord Mojo: Schiit Audio, Headphone amps and DACs made in USA.

Focal Elear headphones: FOCAL ELEAR - Oslo Hifi Center

The uRendu will be connected to a LAN router (e.g. Apple Express G2), but I don't want to carry my stationairy NAS to my cabin in the mountains.

For now I will use this one: LUMIN L1

What is the ultimate portable Ethernet device for hosting you music library that the uRendu can stream music from?

A DC powered storage device would be preferable.

Could it be something like this portable NAS that you are after? https://www.amazon.com/QNAP-QGenie-Personal-3000mAh-802-11b/dp/B00LPMMKR8

I would´nt know if it works with microRendu though? Note that it only supports 10/100 LAN!

DLNA output mode, using an iPad control point.

I am using this equipment:

Sonore uRendu Streamer: Sonore - microRendu

Uptone Audio LPS-1 Ultracap PS: UltraCap™ LPS-1 – UpTone Audio

Battery: ᐅ XTPower MP-50000 Powerbank im Test ᐅ

Schiit Jotunheim amp. or Chord Mojo: Schiit Audio, Headphone amps and DACs made in USA.

Focal Elear headphones: FOCAL ELEAR - Oslo Hifi Center

The uRendu will be connected to a LAN router (e.g. Apple Express G2), but I don't want to carry my stationairy NAS to my cabin in the mountains.

For now I will use this one: LUMIN L1

You can hang a Western Digital MyBook Live on the Apple Express' second port. The MyBook Live has built in DLNA server. You can also use something like this from Small Green Computer: https://www.smallgreencomputer.com/collections/audio-server/products/sonictransporter?variant=18167842628

I'm experimenting with my new microRendu pairing it with my Chord Dave and am unsure whether I need to 'create' a Custom DAC under System Settings to be able to get the most from this pairing. The Dave is the only DAC mentioned in the Audio device list.

Zenith SE > USPCB (5v off) > tX-USBultra 9V (SR4) > Sablon Reserva Elite USB > M Scaler > WAVE Stream bnc > DAVE > Prion4/Lazuli Reference > Utopia/LCD-4/HE1000se

I'm experimenting with my new microRendu pairing it with my Chord Dave and am unsure whether I need to 'create' a Custom DAC under System Settings to be able to get the most from this pairing. The Dave is the only DAC mentioned in the Audio device list.

No. That is only used in rare situations with a legacy DAC from one manufacturer.

No. That is only used in rare situations with a legacy DAC from one manufacturer.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Zenith SE > USPCB (5v off) > tX-USBultra 9V (SR4) > Sablon Reserva Elite USB > M Scaler > WAVE Stream bnc > DAVE > Prion4/Lazuli Reference > Utopia/LCD-4/HE1000se

Hi Jesus. Is there any reason the Cat6a BJC is recommended over BJ's Cat6?

For music playback either is fine? The shielding/ground issues are the same for both Cat6 and Cat6a?

Thanks again in advance

Hi Jesus. Is there any reason the Cat6a BJC is recommended over BJ's Cat6?

For music playback either is fine? The shielding/ground issues are the same for both Cat6 and Cat6a?

Thanks again in advance

Unless you have really long (hundreds of feet) cables lengths I think you will be fine either way. For new installations I would just go with Cat 6a.