IGNORED

Sonore microRendu

Can't seem to get Shairport to work. Switched to it using App Switcher but doesn't show in list of Airplay devices in my ipad with iOS 10.1.

Seem to recall it used to work last I tried months ago..Is Shairport in microRendu broken in iOS 10.1?

If the tablet has a cellular plan you have to put it in Airplane mode and then turn on WiFi so it's on the same network as the unit.

Some updates:

We are developing a new application for the Sonicorbiter operating system that will facilitate using Roon Server with DLNA/UPNP devices. Why...because Roon Server currently doesn't support DLNA/UPNP devices. Testing of the new application is in beta form and working nicely here.

If you have a device that is a DLNA/UPNP renderer let us know the make and model so we can look into supporting it as well.

Click here for more information on the SonoreUPnP Bridge:

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f26-sonore-sponsored/sonicorbiter-sonoreupnp-bridge-beta-30468/

My microRendu appears to have died. Well, at least I hope it has not, but I cannot get it to work. I made a few changes to my system / rack today. During this time the mR was disconnected. With everything completed, the mR was reconnected to the same PSU and Ethernet connection, but it now does not work. From my computer I am getting a 'no music players found on your network' message. The mR is definitely getting power as it is slightly warm. I have tried a different Ethernet cable, and other kit runs perfectly from the network switch. Is it dead? Is there perhaps some way to reset or test the mR? Help!!

Windows 11 PC, Roon, HQPlayer, Focus Fidelity convolutions, iFi Zen Stream, Paul Hynes SR4, Mutec REF10, Mutec MC3+USB, Devialet 1000Pro, KEF Blade.  Plus Pro-Ject Signature 12 TT for playing my 'legacy' vinyl collection. Desktop system; RME ADI-2 DAC fs, Meze Empyrean headphones.

My microRendu appears to have died. Well, at least I hope it has not, but I cannot get it to work. I made a few changes to my system / rack today. During this time the mR was disconnected. With everything completed, the mR was reconnected to the same PSU and Ethernet connection, but it now does not work. From my computer I am getting a 'no music players found on your network' message. The mR is definitely getting power as it is slightly warm. I have tried a different Ethernet cable, and other kit runs perfectly from the network switch. Is it dead? Is there perhaps some way to reset or test the mR? Help!!

Make sure the micro SD card is still seated... I thought mine had died only to find I had released the card accidentally during a USB cable swap

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

Some updates:

We are developing a new output mode for the Sonicorbiter operating system that will facilitate using Roon Server with DLNA/UPNP devices. Why...because Roon Server currently doesn't support DLNA/UPNP devices. Testing of the new output mode is in beta form and working nicely here.

If you have a device that is a DLNA/UPNP renderer let us know the make and model so we can look into supporting it as well.

Short list of devices should work with the new output mode:

Sonore Rendu

Sonore Signature Series Rendu

MSB DACs with the DLNA/UPNP network input module

Bel Canto DLNA/UPNP capable devices

Great news JR. This output mode wouldn't support Roon RAAT though right? Since it would be unofficial?

Sent from my Blackberry DTEK50 using Tapatalk

Are you getting any lights on the Ethernet connection ?

Do you know it's IP-address?

Tried to ping it, or use a web interface to contact the mR ?

Or even tried what you did first time setting it up :)

(ref user manual)...

Make sure the micro SD card is still seated... I thought mine had died only to find I had released the card accidentally during a USB cable swap

Thanks Dave, that was exactly the problem. Seeing your post I checked and the SD card was only protruding about 1mm, maybe a fraction more, although it was far from obvious that it had clicked out. I am pretty sure that I won't be the last one to make this mistake! Anyway, SD card correctly re-inserted, mR found on network, tunes emerging from system, it's all good. I think I would have sussed this one out eventually (probably!), but Dave, you have certainly saved me a much time and frustration, much appreciated.

Windows 11 PC, Roon, HQPlayer, Focus Fidelity convolutions, iFi Zen Stream, Paul Hynes SR4, Mutec REF10, Mutec MC3+USB, Devialet 1000Pro, KEF Blade.  Plus Pro-Ject Signature 12 TT for playing my 'legacy' vinyl collection. Desktop system; RME ADI-2 DAC fs, Meze Empyrean headphones.

Thanks Dave, that was exactly the problem. Seeing your post I checked and the SD card was only protruding about 1mm, maybe a fraction more, although it was far from obvious that it had clicked out. I am pretty sure that I won't be the last one to make this mistake! Anyway, SD card correctly re-inserted, mR found on network, tunes emerging from system, it's all good. I think I would have sussed this one out eventually (probably!), but Dave, you have certainly saved me a much time and frustration, much appreciated.

Yeah, I've a couple of times had issues where the mR wasn't being seen that were solved by re-seating the SD card.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Supporting Squeezebox Touch would be the bomb.

If you mean supporting the Touch as an endpoint Roon can stream to it already. The microRendu can also stream to it as well with it's onboard LMS.

If you mean supporting the Touch so it can stream to DLNA/UPNP devices this new output mode will also make this possible.

Great news JR. This output mode wouldn't support Roon RAAT though right? Since it would be unofficial?

Sent from my Blackberry DTEK50 using Tapatalk

The microRendu supports the RAAT protocol with it's RoonReady output mode. We are connecting to Roon in another manner, but what we do from there is unofficial:)

If this enables using Roon on the SBT without losing the original options for radio, LMS, Tidal, Spotify etc, and the Web user interface (or ipeng or orange squeeze) that would be really nice.

It does not. You can install LMS on Sonicorbiter and use those features with the SqueezeLite output mode.

This is the intended flow process for this new application.

Screen Shot 2016-11-11 at 6.45.56 AM.png

I don't understand this new functionality. I've got a microRendu between NAS-router and dac. What will this Roon-dlna add?

This application is only for Ethernet based devices that support DLNA/UPNP and are not otherwise supported by Roon or LMS.

This new output is only for Ethernet based devices that support DLNA/UPNP, but are not supported by Roon or LMS.
So, if I understand you well, this new mode would transform the microrendu into a sort of "ethernet bridge" between Roon Server and a DLNA/UPNP renderer, somewhat similar to the BubbleUPnPServer which makes a UPNP/DLNA renderer into anOpenHome compatible one. The mrendu would become a "pure" ethernet device, and its USB output woud not be used anymore (in this mode). Does that also mean that any DLNA/UPNP compliant renderer should work with the microrendu set in this mode, or is it more complicated than that ?
This is the intended process for this new output mode.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30505[/ATTACH]

Looks like this setup won't maintain the timing guarantees that RAAT provides for multi-device zones, as there won't be a tight-enough flow control between the Sonicorbiter RAAT>DLNA bridge and the DLNA endpoint. It doesn't matter for me as I don't use multi-endpoint Roon zones, but it will need to be carefully documented to avoid disappointing user expectations. My new Hegel H360 has UPnP/DLNA but is not RoonReady, I'd be happy to test the new feature, although it won't be my default configuration, as I prefer my current external DAC setup (microRendu>USB>Schiit Yggdrasil>balanced XLR>H360) to the H360's internal DAC.

So, if I understand you well, this new mode would transform the microrendu into a sort of "ethernet bridge" between Roon Server and a DLNA/UPNP renderer, somewhat similar to the BubbleUPnPServer which makes a UPNP/DLNA renderer into anOpenHome compatible one. The mrendu would become a "pure" ethernet device, and its USB output woud not be used anymore (in this mode). Does that also mean that any DLNA/UPNP compliant renderer should work with the microrendu set in this mode, or is it more complicated than that ?

You got it. With this application USB is not used, but remains active. In regards to compatibility: We have a core group of devices we are specifically targeting. Beyond that core group we are going to "try" to support other devices. Again, the main focus is the core group of devices. I'm going to keep a database of devices with comments here on CA on a dedicated thread.

You got it. With this output mode USB is not used or active. In regards to compatibility: We have a core group of devises we are specifically targeting. Beyond that core group we are going to "try" to support other devices. Again the main focus is the core group of devices. I'm going to keep a database of devices with comments here on CA on a dedicated thread.

Can I ask if Naim streamers are on that list or will be?

Innuos Zenith SE (Roon Core) > Curious USB/Upton ISO REGEN +LPS-1/USPCB> Chord Hugo TT > ATC SCM 40A