IGNORED

Audirvana 2.2 with iOS remote

...you're not holding it right.

;-)

I am holding it right. It works fine on my iphone6s but not on my ipad air.

I guess I'll delete and re install the app.

Sonictransport  i9, DCS Bartok Apex DAC/Streamer

REL Acoustics S/510 Sub Woofer

Audionet Watt Integrated Amp - Vivid Audio Kaya 45 loudspeakers

Over the past couple of days I've started to notice random drop outs when listening to music via Audirvana 2.2.4. They last around 3 seconds only, and there's approximately 3-4 per hour. I haven't changed anything knowingly, so am a little perplexed. I need to try playing audio via iTunes next and see if I get the same pauses just using that I guess.

System specs are a late 2014 5K iMac with 32GB memory and using USB.

I kept console going and added a marker as soon as there was a pause, which resulted in this little lot of information. Can anybody see anything that might 'jump out' and signal a reason for these drop outs? Many thanks :)

- John

18/11/2015 16:47:52.144 WindowServer[150] CGXDisplayDidWakeNotification [6370611602511]: posting kCGSDisplayDidWake

18/11/2015 16:47:52.144 WindowServer[150] handle_will_sleep_auth_and_shield_windows: Deferring.

18/11/2015 16:47:52.273 identityservicesd[349] <IMMacNotificationCenterManager: 0x7f826a61c930>: notification observer: com.apple.iChat notification: __CFNotification 0x7f826a5021d0 {name = _NSDoNotDisturbDisabledNotification}

18/11/2015 16:47:52.274 imagent[385] <IMMacNotificationCenterManager: 0x7fb7006226e0>: notification observer: com.apple.FaceTime notification: __CFNotification 0x7fb700538590 {name = _NSDoNotDisturbDisabledNotification}

18/11/2015 16:47:52.274 imagent[385] <IMMacNotificationCenterManager: 0x7fb7006226e0>: NC Disabled: YES

18/11/2015 16:47:52.287 imagent[385] <IMMacNotificationCenterManager: 0x7fb7006226e0>: DND Enabled: NO

18/11/2015 16:47:52.287 imagent[385] <IMMacNotificationCenterManager: 0x7fb7006226e0>: Updating enabled: NO (Topics: (

))

18/11/2015 16:47:52.287 identityservicesd[349] <IMMacNotificationCenterManager: 0x7f826a61c930>: NC Disabled: NO

18/11/2015 16:47:52.291 identityservicesd[349] <IMMacNotificationCenterManager: 0x7f826a61c930>: DND Enabled: NO

18/11/2015 16:47:52.291 identityservicesd[349] <IMMacNotificationCenterManager: 0x7f826a61c930>: Updating enabled: YES (Topics: (

"com.apple.private.alloy.icloudpairing",

"com.apple.private.alloy.continuity.encryption",

"com.apple.private.alloy.continuity.activity",

"com.apple.ess",

"com.apple.private.ids",

"com.apple.private.alloy.phonecontinuity",

"com.apple.madrid",

"com.apple.private.ac",

"com.apple.private.alloy.phone.auth",

"com.apple.private.alloy.keychainsync",

"com.apple.private.alloy.fmf",

"com.apple.private.alloy.sms",

"com.apple.private.alloy.screensharing",

"com.apple.private.alloy.maps",

"com.apple.private.alloy.thumper.keys",

"com.apple.private.alloy.continuity.tethering"

))

18/11/2015 16:47:52.291 identityservicesd[349] <IMMacNotificationCenterManager: 0x7f826a475280>: notification observer: com.apple.iChat notification: __CFNotification 0x7f826a52b6d0 {name = _NSDoNotDisturbDisabledNotification}

18/11/2015 16:47:52.294 identityservicesd[349] <IMMacNotificationCenterManager: 0x7f826a475280>: NC Disabled: NO

18/11/2015 16:47:52.297 identityservicesd[349] <IMMacNotificationCenterManager: 0x7f826a475280>: DND Enabled: NO

18/11/2015 16:47:52.297 identityservicesd[349] <IMMacNotificationCenterManager: 0x7f826a475280>: Updating enabled: YES (Topics: (

"com.apple.madrid"

))

18/11/2015 16:47:55.032 Console[584] Marker - 18 Nov 2015, 16:47:55

27" iMac Retina 32 GB RAM / iTunes / Audirvana / Chord Mojo / Revox A77 mk.4 / Garrard 301 SME 309 / Naim Nac 12 & Nap 160 / Quad 34 & 606 / Mission M72 speakers.

I'm not an expert at deciphering log files, but have you tried enabling "Do not disturb" for your notifications to see if that does anything helpful? (System Preferences -> Notifications, click on the Do Not Disturb icon, and then turn DND on in the Notifications pane).

If that works, then you can either (1) set a DND schedule that coincides with your listening hours and/or (2) in the Prefs pane, go through your list of apps and set Notifications to "None" for apps you don't need to hear from. There's also a way to disable the Notification Center entirely, if that captures your fancy. Just Google.

If it doesn't work, I'd suggest contacting Damien directly (@damien78 on CA). (Damien's based in Paris, so be patient if you don't get a response immediately.)

--David

Listening Room: Mac mini (Roon Core) > iMac (HQP) > exaSound PlayPoint (as NAA) > exaSound e32 > W4S STP-SE > Benchmark AHB2 > Wilson Sophia Series 2 (Details)

Office: Mac Pro >  AudioQuest DragonFly Red > JBL LSR305

Mobile: iPhone 6S > AudioQuest DragonFly Black > JH Audio JH5

Thanks for your reply & helpful comments David.

Yes I tried that but no dice. Uninstalled programs I'd put on since (approximately) the time the troubles started. Noted the times of several dropouts & consulted consoles log files - no obvious repeated cause. Reinstalled Audirvana. No cure. Tried iTunes and I'd also still get the random drop outs. Did some reading about random USB problems involving El Capitan and realised I'm far from alone, so made the decision to reinstall Yosemite. Glad I did and (without tempting fate) all seems well again. I wasn't impressed with other unrelated glitches I was also getting with El Cap, so in a way glad this has prompted me to go back a generation of OS.

Cheers,

John

27" iMac Retina 32 GB RAM / iTunes / Audirvana / Chord Mojo / Revox A77 mk.4 / Garrard 301 SME 309 / Naim Nac 12 & Nap 160 / Quad 34 & 606 / Mission M72 speakers.

A little confused at some of the replies here...

Yes of course I'm aware if one uses iTunes to search for the artwork, and display it, then it's not embedded but stored seperately. However I alway use the 'get info' command on an album, then drag artwork I've downloaded from whatever source, into the artwork area of the get info screen. The artwork is then written into the file itself/embedded. One can check this by looking at the music folder outside of iTunes to see if the m4a icons have the artwork. They do. And the artwork is clearly visible in any other music software I open.

As I said, Audirvana does not update to reflect any change of album artwork. This seems like a pretty basic oversight. It only works if I drag new or updated album artwork into the icon in Audirvana, and then Audirvana updates the files. One can also force a change by renaming the album in iTunes, which then auto updates in Audirvana, and then changing the title back again. It then displays any artwork changes made. It would be nice if Audirvana could display updated artwork automatically without having to use these 'tricks' though... I still use iTunes a lot for my iPhone and iPad, so it'd be nice for changes in one to be reflected in the other.

John.

Well, I have always worked my art work into iTunes by dragging the jpgs to the info field of the tracks and if I look at the files in the Finder they'll also show the cover art.

Still, in Audirvana several of these albums do NOT show any cover art and so far it seems if I wanted it there as well I'd have to manually drag the cover art into Audirvana for all of those. And as I have 3.800 albums in iTunes I really don't wanna go through them like this. I wish Audirvana would just properly show the covers that are embedded in the metadata properly. Seems to me it does NOT :(

Well, I have always worked my art work into iTunes by dragging the jpgs to the info field of the tracks and if I look at the files in the Finder they'll also show the cover art.

Still, in Audirvana several of these albums do NOT show any cover art and so far it seems if I wanted it there as well I'd have to manually drag the cover art into Audirvana for all of those. And as I have 3.800 albums in iTunes I really don't wanna go through them like this. I wish Audirvana would just properly show the covers that are embedded in the metadata properly. Seems to me it does NOT :(

Even if they show in the Finder, these album arts are not embedded in the audio files metadata when adding into iTunes. The Finder uses an iTunes API to get the album art.

I've implemented the use of the available public API to retrieve from the iTunes database the stored album art for the albums that are missing it. This is made at the end of the iTunes synchronization. (Sync button in the iTunes library synchronization section of the Library page of Audirvana Plus preferences).

So you should request an iTunes library synchronization to retrieve these iTunes database only album arts.

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

BTW, to give you some update:

I'm going to release tomorrow a small update to 2.2 (2.2.5) that brings DSD256 for DoP 1.1 devices, and a workaround for an El Capitan bug with 16&24bit DACs.

And also a new beta for 2.3 bringing the new UI developed for streaming, for the albums view of the local library, and more...

Damien

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

great news Damien: thank you

subscribed Sublime a few days ago and really enjoying playback quality :)

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > Metrum Acoustics Forte power amplifier (or  First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall IV

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

Even if they show in the Finder, these album arts are not embedded in the audio files metadata when adding into iTunes. The Finder uses an iTunes API to get the album art.

If artwork is shown in Finder, then artwork is embedded in the audio file.

If a grey square containing linked quavers ♫ is shown in Finder, then no artwork is embedded in the audio file.

Dragging/pasting an image into the artwork pane of iTunes's Get Info is a method to embed artwork (except for WAV files).

iTunes's Get Album Artwork command does not embed artwork.

If artwork is shown in Finder, then artwork is embedded in the audio file.

If a grey square containing linked quavers ♫ is shown in Finder, then no artwork is embedded in the audio file.

Dragging/pasting an image into the artwork pane of iTunes's Get Info is a method to embed artwork (except for WAV files).

iTunes's Get Album Artwork command does not embed artwork.

Excellent summary...my exact same experience too.

And I regularly move music files from one computer to another, just the music files, all created in iTunes -- and they always show their covers in Audirvana Plus (which is never playing in integrated mode with the current version).

Dave, who would add that when using iTunes's Get Info box's artwork pane to insert covers that "except for FLAC files" is also the case

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Music is love, made audible.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I've implemented the use of the available public API to retrieve from the iTunes database the stored album art for the albums that are missing it. This is made at the end of the iTunes synchronization. (Sync button in the iTunes library synchronization section of the Library page of Audirvana Plus preferences).

So you should request an iTunes library synchronization to retrieve these iTunes database only album arts.

Thanks for the response, Damien! I realized that function when I synced Audirvana's library with iTunes for the first time - and of course I've tried it out, actually every time I synced it, and I do that regularly. Sadly it didn't have any effect. There was a blue bar in Audirvana showing progress quite quickly, about a few seconds, but afterwards all those album covers always are still missing. I also tried only to select like three albums at a time, but even that didn't work :(

Thanks for the response, Damien! I realized that function when I synced Audirvana's library with iTunes for the first time - and of course I've tried it out, actually every time I synced it, and I do that regularly. Sadly it didn't have any effect. There was a blue bar in Audirvana showing progress quite quickly, about a few seconds, but afterwards all those album covers always are still missing. I also tried only to select like three albums at a time, but even that didn't work :(

Ok. Can you with a metadata editor (e.g. Yate, kid3, ...) open one of those files that don't get their artwork imported? And check if it is in the file or not?

Can you also try the Doug's script that extract the artwork from iTunes?

I've just released 2.2.5 that brings a workaround for an El Capitan bug that was causing too fast playback with 16 and 24bit capable DACs in iTunes integrated Mode.

Also brings DSD256 playback in DoP1.1 mode, e.g. with the Merging+Nadac

And a fix for 20bit FLAC files.

Damien

Hi

I've been using audirvana for approximatively a year now and i love it !

I've noticed an issue that is bugging me. I classify the albums by year in my library, and i've noticed that each time i close and open audirvana a few albums go up the list (even if they are not the oldest albums in my library), and when i have a look at those albums track infos, some are missing the year field (even though each time i add one album in my library i add the metadata for the year), as if audirvana was deleting them for some tracks. it seems to be related to the BPM metadata, i don't know how, but for all those albums that appear up in the list when i open audirvana there are bpm info too (i'm not used to putting the bpm metadata, i think they are just there when i get the album).

I hope i made myself clear, it would be awesome if it could get resolved.

Cheers and thanks for the hardwork Damien,

A fellow frenchman

Does update 2.2.5 supersede 2.2.9.6 which I have had installed for several weeks. Updating from Audirvana running, Menu-Check for updates, tells me I am up to date with 2.2.9.6! Maybe 2.2.5 should be 2.3 or 2.2.9.7?

Would just like to know so I am running the latest version.

Does update 2.2.5 supersede 2.2.9.6 which I have had installed for several weeks. Updating from Audirvana running, Menu-Check for updates, tells me I am up to date with 2.2.9.6! Maybe 2.2.5 should be 2.3 or 2.2.9.7?

Would just like to know so I am running the latest version.

My guess would be that 2.2.5 is the latest non-beta version and 2.2.9.7 is he latest Qobuz beta.

My guess would be that 2.2.5 is the latest non-beta version and 2.2.9.7 is he latest Qobuz beta.

That's correct, and 2.2.9.10 is well on its way...

not two versions: the official, stable, one and a public *beta* of what is cooking for everyone ;)

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > Metrum Acoustics Forte power amplifier (or  First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall IV

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

right: since streaming has become, in these last two weeks, what I'm doing mostly... I now tend to forget that "detail" :lol:

btw, Musicophile: Youn Sun Nah... wub.png

;)

headphones system: