IGNORED

Audirvana 2.2 with iOS remote

Does this mean it's safe to update to El Capitan for us users of older MacBooks? I have a late 2008 Aluminium unibody version which I've upgraded to 8gb RAM and SSD. My music library is all on a 4tb external HD. Thanks.

I'd wait before upgrading to El Capitan that has still bugs in the USB and audio domain. Be sure to test it thoroughly on an external partition for its compatibility with your audio device.

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

10.11.2 is at beta 4 stage since last week so the final should be soon...

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

Hello Damien, any news for the next A+ remote update ? thank you.

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

I've just released a new beta for the upcoming 2.3 with Qobuz streaming integration.

this new beta brings

• Migration of the local library albums view to the new UI (nearly completed: remains to implement the album tracks list groupings)
  • Local library Albums favorite (same mechanism as for streaming UI: quick favorites selection by clicking on the heart on the album vignette)
  • Streaming network layer rewritten for improved reliability and performance
  • Streaming: browse track album, artist albums by clicking on the artist name on a track row
  • Streaming: browse similar artists by clicking on the icon top left of the artist description pane
  • And bug fixes...

Download link at the same place on audirvana.com Qobuz integration blog post

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

Bonjour Damien,

I really liked how with 2.2.4 or 2.2.5 that in album view, Audirvana showed both the number of albums and number of tracks at the top of the screen.

But I no longer see that information with 2.2.9.10.

Am I missing something?

Or is the application now missing this useful info?

Dave

I've just released a new beta for the upcoming 2.3 with Qobuz streaming integration.

this new beta brings

• Migration of the local library albums view to the new UI (nearly completed: remains to implement the album tracks list groupings)
  • Local library Albums favorite (same mechanism as for streaming UI: quick favorites selection by clicking on the heart on the album vignette)
  • Streaming: browse track album, artist albums by clicking on the artist name on a track row
  • Streaming: browse similar artists by clicking on the icon top left of the artist description pane
  • And bug fixes...

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Music is love, made audible.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Local library Albums favorite (same mechanism as for streaming UI: quick favorites selection by clicking on the heart on the album vignette)

... so there's still hope for an A+ only rating system (with half hearts/stars/whatever)? :)

innocent.gif

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > Metrum Acoustics Forte power amplifier (or  First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

Hello Dave,

You'll find this info at the bottom in the new UI :)

@pl_svn: I can set this precision, but it'll break compatibility with the player some still cherish, Mr iTunes.

That's the main issue for going to 10 rating steps instead of 5

@pl_svn: I can set this precision, but it'll break compatibility with the player some still cherish, Mr iTunes.

That's the main issue for going to 10 rating steps instead of 5

Damien,

Could you clarify your comment about the rating system? I thought Itunes is using half stars, but I'm unable to rate half-stars in A+ (any by the way, I'm desperately waiting for the ability to rate via the Remote App).

Damien,

Could you clarify your comment about the rating system? I thought Itunes is using half stars, but I'm unable to rate half-stars in A+

... one and only aspect of iTunes I'm missing is half star ratings (you have to enable half stars via terminal or third party utilities as, eg, TinkerTool)

so, Damien... couldn't half stars be an option in A+ too? ;)

(any by the way, I'm desperately waiting for the ability to rate via the Remote App)

+1

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > Metrum Acoustics Forte power amplifier (or  First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

Hello Damien

Any reason why version 2.2.9.6 will no longer fully load after having used 2.2.9.10 ?

A+ starts but display isn't fully loaded.

Good news (at least for me :-)): the old "bug" I had with the last track not completely loading when launching it directly is solved with latest beta!

But I think that you have a subtle/little regression of the sound quality in the bass domain, they have lost some body. (comparaison done with 2.2.4 and 2.2.9.10 as I can't start 2.2.9.6).

IsoTek evo3 Sirius⎪Late 2009 27" iMac 20GB w/SSD, 10.10.x ➤Audirvana Plus 3.0.x (Exclusive Direct Integer Mode 1, NOS) & Qobuz HiFi Sublime+ ➤Curious Cables ➤UpTone Audio ISO REGEN (UpTone Audio UltraCap LPS-1 (Breeze Audio R-Core Linear PSU)) ➤UpTone Audio USPCB ➤iFi micro iDAC2 running v5.2a (Bit-Perfect) serving:

➤Nobsound SE OTL headphone amp on Herbie's Soft Tenderfoot (selected tubes with Herbie's UltraSonic Rx) with IsoTek evo3 Premier power cable⎪Audez'e LCD-2 Rev. 2 on Moon Audio Silver Dragon V3 Premium cable

➤Audioengine A5+ with AudioQuest Power NRG-1 cable

➤iFi micro iTube2 ➤Denon AVR-A100 100th Anniversary Edition with IsoTek evo3 Premier power cable on IsoTek evo3 Aquarius⎪B&W 804 D3 bi-amped on Inakustik cables

2.2.5 doesn't sound as full and detailed as the seductive 2.2.4

All the latest point updates were great with 2.2.4 being the zenith.

I'd love to try 2.3 beta. Guess I'll back tonight and see if the sq meets 2.2.4

Noticed 2.2.5's sq regression on the first song I played yesterday morning. Thought maybe it was in my head but got some help last night to do some blind testing and was right every time picking which of the two versions I was hearing.

2.2.4 's sq is beautiful

Izotope Settings are (exact names a bit off since I'm not in front of my computer)

Nyquist cutoff 120

Steepness 35

Filter length 1,450

Anti alias at max

Upsampling 44khz to 96khz

Just downloaded the new beta, and I have to say that the changes Damien is making are continuing to improve an already fantastic piece of software. The new beta is looking quite a bit nicer, but for me one of the most welcome additions is the ability to see additional information when selecting and album in album view. Now we can see track artists, which is particularly important for albums containing various artists.

Hello Damien,

I have two graphic bugs with the new beta version.

1- When playing a track, the window of A+ will be resized to a large size (depending of the number of artist listed at the right of the album picture) and it can't be resized to a correct size.

2- The option to group album with first criteria, doesn't work anymore.

Regards,

this new beta brings

• And bug fixes...

Very nice. Damien, any prospect of being able to view album booklets in the local library (PDFs within the album folder) in the rather neat way you can do that in the streaming UI ?

2.2.5 doesn't sound as full and detailed as the seductive 2.2.4

All the latest point updates were great with 2.2.4 being the zenith.

I'd love to try 2.3 beta. Guess I'll back tonight and see if the sq meets 2.2.4

Noticed 2.2.5's sq regression on the first song I played yesterday morning. Thought maybe it was in my head but got some help last night to do some blind testing and was right every time picking which of the two versions I was hearing.

2.2.4 's sq is beautiful

Thats my impression also.

Was able to reinstall 2.2.4

Don't know why, but better sq according to my ears

I've just released a new beta for the upcoming 2.3 with Qobuz streaming integration...

Hi Damien,

Long time user of Audirvana, all the way back to 2012. I recently upgraded to the iOS app with 2.2.5 and now the 2.2.9.10 beta (no iTunes integration on either). I love everything about it, nice excellent work! However, I seem to having a problem that I can't resolve from the forum thread: when viewing an artist's collection using the 'Artists' button on the iOS Remote (iPhone 6S), many of the artists' albums are missing. However, if I use the 'Browser' button and click in the search field, change search type to 'Artists', and search for the artist, their entire collection comes up. I double-checked the metadata for some of these albums and everything is fine. Any ideas on what's going on here? Is this a known bug? Thanks for the help!

Hi Damien,

Long time user of Audirvana, all the way back to 2012. I recently upgraded to the iOS app with 2.2.5 and now the 2.2.9.10 beta (no iTunes integration on either). I love everything about it, nice excellent work! However, I seem to having a problem that I can't resolve from the forum thread: when viewing an artist's collection using the 'Artists' button on the iOS Remote (iPhone 6S), many of the artists' albums are missing. However, if I use the 'Browser' button and click in the search field, change search type to 'Artists', and search for the artist, their entire collection comes up. I double-checked the metadata for some of these albums and everything is fine. Any ideas on what's going on here? Is this a known bug? Thanks for the help!

Hi & welcome!

Have you checked that all your "Album Artist" fields have been completed?

Hello,

I was using 2.2.2 and had not upgraded to the latest version because I liked the sound he had. After reading your comment I decided to test the 2.2.4 and I have been very surprised by the leap in quality for this release 2.2.4 , the soundstage is wider and deeper, clearer details , the sound decays better, time and with more clarity. The sound balance is better, the music conveys more emotion

@Damien please consider:

- moving "three dots" and "heart" a bit towards the bottom and closer to the corners

- making "heart" a little smaller

- *maybe*... also moving "play/pause" overlay from the center towards upper edge

I have my album view set at 7 albums per row (with "metadata pane" always open) and it's all a tad too crowded

headphones system:

oh, and... looks dragging track(s) to Play Queue from Album view is broken in 2.2.9.10 :-/

(must always use, now, "Add to play queue" from "three dots" contextual menu)

Edit:

oh, and (2)... if I re-add just *one* track I want to listen again from the same album that was playing... A+ plays again also all the following ones :-/

(I'm, eg, on track 11 and re-add track 5. thean A+ goes on playing again also 6, 7, 8 and so on)

headphones system:

Sorry folks, this is not the proper thread to post my question. I just upgraded to A+ 2.2.5. Many of my albums (that have multiple discs) are being listed as 2 or more separate albums. For example, the new Arvo Part Musica Selecta is being shown as two separate albums, disc 1 and disc 2. Is there a was to combine albums and/or move tracks from one album to the other?

Thanks

Tom

make sure both "Disc #" *and* "Out of..." tags are filled ;)

headphones system:

Hi & welcome!

Have you checked that all your "Album Artist" fields have been completed?

Thanks for the welcome! I've been over on Head-Fi for 8 years but have lurked here for years. I finally made an account!

You're completely right. What a boneheaded thing to miss. I just had to scroll down to see it. Thanks for the easy fix!