IGNORED

CA Readers Are, "clueless, equally bitter and uninformed"

My kids moved out of the house years ago but I've been around my nieces and nephews enough times to know that it's the cool factor with vinyl that makes it so appealing. They tell me that it's a hipster thing.

That is what it is. Hipsters- rotten kids living on their parent's incomes declaring what is and is not cool. One of the few downsides of Austin life - we have an abundance of them.

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein

What happened to all of our political discussions on this thread? They were here yesterday? My contributions aren't even in my profile any more. I know they were off-topic, but they were just general discussions about rights and voting procedures in different countries, they were non-partisan, and shouldn't have gotten anybody's hackles up.

George

What happened to all of our political discussions on this thread? They were here yesterday?

We have been hit-and-run censored. Again :(

"For our own good", I imagine the argument would run. Not that I accept any justification for revisionist history.

Boo... hiss....

What happened to all of our political discussions on this thread? They were here yesterday? My contributions aren't even in my profile any more. I know they were off-topic, but they were just general discussions about rights and voting procedures in different countries, they were non-partisan, and shouldn't have gotten anybody's hackles up.

Sorry, probably my last few posts were the final straw, as particularly clueless, bitter and uninformed.

Give me a break. The posts were removed for being way off topic and divisive.

Chris, I don't think anyone has a problem you removing the posts... It would just be nice that you mention it.

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

you were right to do so. this truly is the most informative and best run audio site for educating those of us who enjoy music and would like to benefit from others who are more knowledgeable. I cannot hear all the subtle differences and nuances of sound described on this site BUT i truly believe others can. It is also a great place to find reviews that are honest and extremely helpful. (at least to me) I started my own company 35 years ago because i am not one to stand by and be silent when i hear things that are not true. (kept getting fired from jobs so i had to start my own company!!) Having said that i will refrain from making any further "political" comments and enjoy the the ability to read and learn from those who know more than me on this subject.

I second the action. Thanks Chris.

Dedicated Line DSD/DXD | Audirvana+ | iFi iDSD Nano | SET Tube Amp | Totem Mites

Surround: VLC | M-Audio FastTrack Pro | Mac Opt | Panasonic SA-HE100 | Logitech Z623

DIY: SET Tube Amp | Low-Noise Linear Regulated Power Supply | USB, Power, Speaker Cables | Speaker Stands | Acoustic Panels

Thanks for removing those posts. They had no place on this forum. I am sure that anyone that feels the need to discuss politics (or religion) can find more than enough other sites on the Internet to do so.

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

Of course, George's post #304

Most CA members are not mind readers. No one knows what goes on inside your head, that is, unless you write it out and post it publicly !!

And, I still detest censorship in any form...

The posts were removed for being way off topic and divisive.

I know Chris can do no right in your mind but does he really need to spell out why they were "off topic and divisive"?

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

Same here, and apologies for fanning the flames.

Same for me on both counts.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Was there any question that posts were removed and why?

Your site, your right. I had quit looking at this thread until the discussion veered back toward audio and music anyway. I'm already tired of the election, and it's still 16 months out, so this and my music are refuges for me.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

Vinyl is a hugely overpriced way to get flawed sound. Digital is an inexpensive way to get less flawed (though flawed nonetheless) sound.

this and my music are refuges for me.

Good idea to think about this role of the site when posting.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

I know Chris can do no right in your mind

Then you know Wrong !

I have praised Chris for his reviews and reporting, for creating this site, and other things. Perhaps you have a selective memory ?

But, though I recognize many good qualities in him, I also see areas where he is not so good. It is called discrimination.

but does he really need to spell out why they were "off topic and divisive"?

Yes, I think so. Not only for the reasons, but also for a notification of admin action. It's just creepy when stuff you know existed just vanishes off the net.

And, there have been a number of other reasons for post and thread deletions besides "off topic and divisive". If no reason is given for the censorship, then it is simply arbitrary, and serves no purpose in identifying posting behavior that may lead to deletion or banning. A few may have seen the situation 'go down', but most have no clue that something is missing, and learn nothing.

And, there have been a number of other reasons for post and thread deletions besides "off topic and divisive". If no reason is given for the censorship, then it is simply arbitrary, and serves no purpose in identifying posting behavior that may lead to deletion or banning. A few may have seen the situation 'go down', but most have no clue that something is missing, and learn nothing.

+1

On Computer Audiophile it's pretty minor, but I never like to see things "vanished" without comment.

If a single post is removed a "This post has been removed / edited by the moderator for breach of community rules" should (IMO) be put in its place. In this case a post by Chris saying "A number of posts have been removed due to the charged political nature of them" would have been appropriate. (Wording Chris' choice of course)

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

Same for me on both counts.

Same here and and while I won't speak for others I think Chris was 100% correct in removing my posts. I have no issue at all.

Additionally Chris has created a location on his forum to discuss all other things if any really want to make use of it for such.

That is what it is. Hipsters- rotten kids living on their parent's incomes declaring what is and is not cool. One of the few downsides of Austin life - we have an abundance of them.

Every single time I have gone into my local record store (it's a good one too) I never see a "hipster". See a wide ranging age group that starts in the teens and goes up into the eighties as far as I can tell. Chicago is the same way, all the stores I go into there are pretty much full of a wide range of age groups. Now I'm not saying that a lot of the folks in there aren't hip.....

Maybe it's a Midwestern thing. We always seem to be the last to know.

PS. My son that likes and buys 7" slam rock or whatever it's called, could be described as hip I suppose but he sure uses his own money to buy the "cool" vinyl him and his friends listen to. Emphasis on LISTEN to (unfortunately for the neighbors sometimes at a bit too loud volume!).

David

+1

On Computer Audiophile it's pretty minor, but I never like to see things "vanished" without comment.

If a single post is removed a "This post has been removed / edited by the moderator for breach of community rules" should (IMO) be put in its place. In this case a post by Chris saying "A number of posts have been removed due to the charged political nature of them" would have been appropriate. (Wording Chris' choice of course)

Seems pretty reasonable. I hate the veering into no win political rants as much as the next but your suggestion sounds like a civil way to approach it.

David