IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

Think of the W20 as a straight substitute for your CD transport, feeding your DAC etc, for example you cannot mount any DSP software onto the W20; it is a player only.

The W20 does have dual AES outputs and links for external clock so that should work with you Teac. You have probably looked already, but here is the web link https://www.aurender.com/page/w20

Aurender W20 Music Server, Kii Three Active Speakers, Kii Digital Controller

Audioquest Diamond USB, Audioquest Niagara 7000 conditioner, Audioquest NRG-1000 HC mains leads

Thanks Mazza. It's what I feared. A shame.

May be I have to look at a more computer like server, or continue to accept that I can't use the dual AES function. I've never found any difference between that and single AES but perhaps I'm not listening for the right things. EQ/DSP has a much more significant impact on sound.

9 hours ago, marslo said:

What is Aurender ACS?

it is a CD ripper that supposedly gives you many options to add/edit cover art and such, and includes a large hard drive

I think it is designed to be used with an Aurender streamer

scroll down this link for a preview

Thank you both , MJB and Markrubin.

BTW I do not like google, use Duck Duck go:)

Aurender W20 -> AudioAero La Fontaine, Lampizator  Pacific SE->Ayon Crossfire III or  Circle Labs A100 >Avantgarde Acoustic Trio LE 26 with 4x REL Carbon Special

1 hour ago, mjb said:

Agreed! I have a very similar setup.

306D201A-E2F4-4112-95A0-5FF8F9D1F712.jpeg

Oh yes, the X100, with it's massive storage. I think it's upgradeable up to 12 TB? When I bought the N100H, my dealer was about to equip it with a 5 TB hard drive, but somehow couldn't get hold of the HDD. I should ask him if he has gotten a N100H-compatible 5 TB HDD.

The Devialet will stay! One afternoon was enough to decide. A fantastic piece of equipment!

17 hours ago, biosailor said:

I got a demo model from my local dealer for testing. Hooked the Aurender N100H via USB up to the Devialet. A very powerful duo!

Devialet_120.thumb.jpg.5bfa20739cfc9c0ea8a4523507b982f3.jpg

I have the same system, I also have a 2TB disk, but haven’t uploaded a single music file since the first transfer, I listen 99% of the time to Tidal ?

2 hours ago, Morten said:

I have the same system, I also have a 2TB disk, but haven’t uploaded a single music file since the first transfer, I listen 99% of the time to Tidal ?

At one point I thought I would need no locally stored audio files, streaming was the ‚order of the day‘. I had Tidal and Qobuz subscriptions and was happy browsing their huge catalogues. At one point I got tired of browsing, started to buy downloads an built up a yet still relatively small library on my N100H (2 TB). This led me to listen, and buy, much more selectively and to hugely enjoy my library. 

As I am a huge Qobuz fan, I am reconsidering of renewing the Sublime plus subscription. And just to test Aurender‘s MQA abilities, a Tidal subscription for that matter, too.

Happy to see so many Aurender/Devialet users around!

• 2 weeks later...

re: Aurender ACS10

this new product appeared in an ad in The Absolute Sound, September issue, and according to John-Paul, they will begin shipping late October

The ACS10 is a network attached device and therefore “connects” to any other Aurender server over the network. Making the interface even better is the ACS10’s double-isolated LAN port. You would attach the A10’s ethernet cable to this port and then the ACS10 to the router.

Reading the brochure I understand that ACS10 is also a standalone product.

it has latest generation USB output and leaflet  says its server and streamer.

So i am wondering in terms of performance where it fits in Aurender chain?

has similar sonic quality with N10 or inferior?

Also does anyone knows what is latest generation USB output and the double isolated LAN?

looks very interesting and promising device.

Conductor 3.0 on the way sometime this year????

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

8 hours ago, rwwjr44 said:

Conductor 3.0 on the way sometime this year????

Hopefully and with a modern makeover.

I have been exploring the benefits or otherwise of a Network Renderer as my MSB DAC now offers one with Roon Core on it. Having spoken at length to numerous industry friends as to the benefits of using a Network Renderer over a W20 using 110ohm AES and a 75ohm clock link. Not one person thinks it is even worth considering. The only time when you would use such a setup is for practicle reasons having a NAS drive located in a media roon but wanting to gain access to the files. I did work a small setup and the W20 with AES and clock link crushed it for SQ.

Music Sever - Taiko Extreme

DAC's - MSB Select II + Femto 33 Clock + Dual power supplies + Pro USB Module

Amp's - Raal HSA-1bMSB Reference HP Amp, MSB Select Estat Headphone Amp Woo 234 Mono's Elite, Takatsuki 300B, 274B

Headphones - Raal Requisite sr1a, MySphere 3.2, Kennerton Thror's, Stax SR-009 & 009S, Sony MRD-Z1, Abyss Phi TC, Audeze LCD-4, 24 & 4Z, Focal Utopia, HiFiMan Susvara

Cables - DHC OPUS HP, Stage III Gorgon XLR's + Xphynx USB

Power - Shunyata Triton V3 & Typhon QR + Sigma PC's Isolation - HRS SXR Ref Stand + MX3R Isolation Bases

I recently upgraded my DAC to Lampizator Pacific SE with RJ 45 input.

Does anyone know how to connect Aurender W20 to Pacific with Ethernet cable ?

A few month ago an update of Aurender SW enabled the Ravenna protocol to be used with Merging DAc's , but is there any possibility to connect W20 to Pacific using RJ 45 ?

Aurender W20 -> AudioAero La Fontaine, Lampizator  Pacific SE->Ayon Crossfire III or  Circle Labs A100 >Avantgarde Acoustic Trio LE 26 with 4x REL Carbon Special

11 hours ago, marslo said:

I recently upgraded my DAC to Lampizator Pacific SE with RJ 45 input.

Does anyone know how to connect Aurender W20 to Pacific with Ethernet cable ?

A few month ago an update of Aurender SW enabled the Ravenna protocol to be used with Merging DAc's , but is there any possibility to connect W20 to Pacific using RJ 45 ?

No, I don't think so. Ravenna I think is specific to Merging currently. Which connection are you using right now? Do you expect any gains from using RJ45?

I use usb with upowered cable to Pacific and Aes/Ebu with La Fontaine .

Some reports put RJ45  above usb though .