IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

27 minutes ago, Ponzi said:

I don't want to delete anything.  I just want to rearrange how the albums are displayed.  If there are three CDs in a collection, I want to arrange them together.

With your computer, create a new named folder within the single Music1 or library folder that contains all your cd folders and then move any cd folders of your choice into that single new folder.

Jon

Innuos Zen Mk 3, Shunyata alpha usb cable, Esoteric N-05 dac/network player, MBL N11 preamp, Bryston 28B SST2 monoblocks, Vienna Acoustics The Music speakers, Kimber Select 1126/1130 ic's, Kimber Select 6063 sc, Shunyata Triton, Shunyata/PS Audio pc's, Shunyata Dark Field Suspension System, Harmonix by Combak footers, Shun Mook Pendulum stand

Industry Affiliation : None

I thought of that too.  I notice that metadata is on the first CD of some 3 CD sets, but not on the second two.  This suggests using a single folder.  But is it the case the that the album display cannot be rearranged.  Seems odd that that would be the case.

21 minutes ago, Ponzi said:

I thought of that too.  I notice that metadata is on the first CD of some 3 CD sets, but not on the second two.  This suggests using a single folder.  But is it the case the that the album display cannot be rearranged.  Seems odd that that would be the case.

I organise my whole library into several folders, each containing many different cd set folders and all the metadata within each cd folder remains intact.

Each time you rip a cd from a set, you get a separate folder for that particular cd. You can then move each of the cd folders into a new folder named for the whole set.

Jon

Innuos Zen Mk 3, Shunyata alpha usb cable, Esoteric N-05 dac/network player, MBL N11 preamp, Bryston 28B SST2 monoblocks, Vienna Acoustics The Music speakers, Kimber Select 1126/1130 ic's, Kimber Select 6063 sc, Shunyata Triton, Shunyata/PS Audio pc's, Shunyata Dark Field Suspension System, Harmonix by Combak footers, Shun Mook Pendulum stand

Industry Affiliation : None

2 hours ago, jon2020 said:

I organise my whole library into several folders, each containing many different cd set folders and all the metadata within each cd folder remains intact.

Each time you rip a cd from a set, you get a separate folder for that particular cd. You can then move each of the cd folders into a new folder named for the whole set.

This the way it should work BUT sometimes the metadata of one or more CD's in the set differ and Aurender will rearrange things. If you have ever used one of those automatic metadata apps be sure to carefully check the results.

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, rwwjr44 said:

One month since the last post. EVERYONE MUST BE HAPPY WITH THEIR AURENDER!!! ? ?‍♂️

Yes, very happy N100H user, so much that I forgot about upgrading to the N10 ?

One thing though: I'd still love to see Roon integration at one point! Can't we make Aurender talking talking to Roon?

29 minutes ago, biosailor said:

Yes, very happy N100H user, so much that I forgot about upgrading to the N10 ?

One thing though: I'd still love to see Roon integration at one point! Can't we make Aurender talking talking to Roon?

Roon integration would be great indeed. Apparently (from what I've read earlier) they already spoke, but no agreement was reached. It's all about money, no doubt..

21 hours ago, rwwjr44 said:

One month since the last post. EVERYONE MUST BE HAPPY WITH THEIR AURENDER!!! ? ?‍♂️

Most certainly more than happy.

Although part of the “elderly people” club, I never ever thought that the N10 upgrade can still make that difference (re listening experience).

It`s really easy to use and rock solid too.

“There might always be a way better”, but perhaps – at least for the time being – I`ve arrived.

mabe

7 hours ago, mabe said:

Most certainly more than happy.

Although part of the “elderly people” club, I never ever thought that the N10 upgrade can still make that difference (re listening experience).

It`s really easy to use and rock solid too.

“There might always be a way better”, but perhaps – at least for the time being – I`ve arrived.

If there is a better way I've yet to find it, the Aurender user experience is just superb even with the err brown ipad interface

8 hours ago, Foxman50 said:

If there is a better way I've yet to find it, the Aurender user experience is just superb even with the err brown ipad interface

... Despite the err brown iPad interface ?

I would also like to see a refreshed look for the Conductor app, but functionally it's fine.

On 7/12/2018 at 3:25 PM, Vincent1234 said:

Roon integration would be great indeed. Apparently (from what I've read earlier) they already spoke, but no agreement was reached. It's all about money, no doubt..

There were comments quite some time back indicating that the Aurender processors didn't have the necessary horsepower for Roon.

JC

1 hour ago, TubeLover said:

There were comments quite some time back indicating that the Aurender processors didn't have the necessary horsepower for Roon.

JC

Yes, I can imagine that! I wouldn't mind running Roon on a Mac and feeding it into the Aurender. But that would also call for major changes in the Aurenders, I guess. It's a pity: either Aurender, no Roon, or Roon and no Aurender. Nevertheless, I do like my Aurender and I went even so far to cancel my Roon subscription. 

1 hour ago, biosailor said:

Nevertheless, I do like my Aurender and I went even so far to cancel my Roon subscription. 

I've just finished a Room trial, and determined it's not for me. I much prefer Aurender's simpler uncluttered interface. Everything I need is in there, I suppose there are a couple of quirks, but you soon learn to work with them. Adding music is very easy (though this can probably be said for Roon too), and I've learnt how to optimise tags for my usage. Actually, even the brown interface was nice to see again after high contrast black/white, so I'm going to lay off the brown comments from now on, lol. 

5 hours ago, TubeLover said:

JC

A Roon endpoint doesn't need much processing power at all. The Roon core does, but that's another story and it will never run on the Aurender (and there's no need either; many fine alternatives for that). Even Sonos can be run as a Roon endpoint. So I highly doubt there's an issue there. Especially since all Aurenders can now do the first MQA decoding too, even the smaller ones.

6 hours ago, mjb said:

... Despite the err brown iPad interface ?

I would also like to see a refreshed look for the Conductor app, but functionally it's fine.

There can only be one reason for the fact that we still cannot change the color scheme. It must be hard-coded into the Conductor app, which is not a good thing and means that they need to change each and every coding line that refers to the brown colors. Such bad coding habit takes an incredible effort to get it changed now..

1 hour ago, Vincent1234 said:

There can only be one reason for the fact that we still cannot change the color scheme. It must be hard-coded into the Conductor app, which is not a good thing and means that they need to change each and every coding line that refers to the brown colors. Such bad coding habit takes an incredible effort to get it changed now..

Search and replace! Point taken, but I think Aurender could do it if they wanted. I‘m sure many here  would agree a couple of „themes“ would be most welcome. But having used Roons dark mode, I’m now rather liking the brown ?

41 minutes ago, mjb said:

Search and replace! Point taken, but I think Aurender could do it if they wanted. I‘m sure many here  would agree a couple of „themes“ would be most welcome. But having used Roons dark mode, I’m now rather liking the brown ?

Sure they could, and they should.. ? It just takes a lot of programming effort, which shouldn't have been needed in the first place. I was told they bought the initial Conductor app from another party. But now they are stuck to this setup.

Well just took the plunge and traded in my N10 for a W20.   Pretty excited to hear it in my system.  

Also on the Roon integration with Aurender never going to happen.  They looked at that a couple of years ago and because of the almost total control Roon dictates they said not for us.  I really like the Aurender app it’s come a long ways yes some more color choices would be nice but Aurender is more feature focused.  Look at the last update the ability to do the first unfold of MQA for instance.   It’s not that Roon is bad it’s different and I just like the Aurender app better.   One thing that Aurender does much much better then Roon is customer support.  At least you are dealing with one human contact Roon is all find on your own which I don’t like. The email support I did not find very useful harder questions just did not get answers.  I eventually figured it out but really wanted help quicker which Aurender is so much better at.  I also tried to send suggestions in which Aurender welcomes yet when I did to Roon it was like I was insulting them.   I pushed back and they almost locked me out of the site.  Life is too short if you can’t take suggestions without thinking I’m trashing the product which I was not just offering things to make the application better.  

2 Channel: Bricasti M20, 21 & M28 SE /Aurender N30SA and MC10 Master clock Treatments: Acoustical panels(F, S & R walls) Misc.: SR Master Fuses

Speakers: Martin Logan CLX ART (Dark Cherry) w/30# weights / 2-ML 212's 

Grounding: QKore 1&6 / Networking: SOtM switch, clock and Pwr Supply / AQ Diamond /SR Router Power: Furutech GTX-DNCF / Oyaide inwall  wire

Nordost: 2-QB8 III, QV2's, QK1's, QSine, QWave, QX4, TC Kones, Sort Fut & LIft / Full OG Loom / 3-QSource & 12-QPoints, QNet, V2 Network

Misc.: iPad 6 /Custom Rack  Media Rm: ML: 13A's, 2-Descent i's, 6- Vanquish, Focus / 3-Parasound A23 / Legacy iV-3 Ultra / 77" LG 4k OLED / Anthem AVM90 / Pioneer Elite DVD Nordost: Odin/T2/H2, BC Kones, H2 Network, V2 HDMI

I would love to see the Wikipedia lookup feature replaced with an AllMusic connection (which requires a subscription). I now use AllMusic for my lookups because so much music information is missing from Wikipedia.

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.