IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

4 minutes ago, Jeff_N said:

Agree with Mazza, it would be nice to be able to edit metadata in the Conductor. Am I the only one who transfers albums from computer to Aurender, then sees the metadata's wrong, deletes the album from Aurender, corrects the metadata on the computer, then copies the album to the Aurender again? Seems crazy and I must be missing something.

Heh Jef_N, have same workflow as you ..... music files get copied all over the place, so good point, the ACS10 not so useful in such situations. 

I have same issue as you, many albums meta-data files need to be altered to suit the Aurender and the alterations seem to be specific to the Aurender vs much more 'tolerant' other devices. Also, if the meta-data doesn't suit it sometimes won't show a track at all and with no warning either ...... HDtacks downloads seem to be one of the worse offenders.

Aurender W20 Music Server, Kii Three Active Speakers, Kii Digital Controller

Audioquest Diamond USB, Audioquest Niagara 7000 conditioner, Audioquest NRG-1000 HC mains leads

I welcome the ASC 10.  I find the process of ripping CDs to a computer frustrating, time consuming, and the results hit-and-miss.  This largely has to do with my comparative incompetence with all things computer.  So maybe the ASC 10 is targeted to folks like me.  I appreciate that $5,500 is a lot to spend to avoid compute hassles, but I am sorely tempted anyway.  Will the ASC 10 also make digital downloads easier?

14 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I should have the first review unit in the world coming as soon as it's ready.

Nice!

Jon

Innuos Zen Mk 3, Shunyata alpha usb cable, Esoteric N-05 dac/network player, MBL N11 preamp, Bryston 28B SST2 monoblocks, Vienna Acoustics The Music speakers, Kimber Select 1126/1130 ic's, Kimber Select 6063 sc, Shunyata Triton, Shunyata/PS Audio pc's, Shunyata Dark Field Suspension System, Harmonix by Combak footers, Shun Mook Pendulum stand

Industry Affiliation : None

On 5/30/2018 at 7:01 AM, jfddoc said:

I don't speak the language, but here is some more video on the ACS -10.

https://www.alpha-audio.nl/2018/05/high-end-munchen-2018-aurender/

Thanks for the link. Looks even better in the video. 

Jon

Innuos Zen Mk 3, Shunyata alpha usb cable, Esoteric N-05 dac/network player, MBL N11 preamp, Bryston 28B SST2 monoblocks, Vienna Acoustics The Music speakers, Kimber Select 1126/1130 ic's, Kimber Select 6063 sc, Shunyata Triton, Shunyata/PS Audio pc's, Shunyata Dark Field Suspension System, Harmonix by Combak footers, Shun Mook Pendulum stand

I have a N10 connecting to a devialet 220 pro via AES cable. I want to further improve SQ. I just come across a master clock called Grimm audio cc1, which provides reclocking for AES signal. Does anybody have experience on using AES signal reclocker with aurender N10 and does  it makes sense to improve SQ? Thank.

Aurender N10, Oppo 103 w Vanity HD card, Dutch&Dutch 8c, Shunyata Denali v2, MiniDSP SHD Studio, Mutec MC3+USB

On 6/2/2018 at 9:58 AM, panda123456 said:

I have a N10 connecting to a devialet 220 pro via AES cable. I want to further improve SQ. I just come across a master clock called Grimm audio cc1, which provides reclocking for AES signal. Does anybody have experience on using AES signal reclocker with aurender N10 and does  it makes sense to improve SQ? Thank.

Visit the DevialetChat forum there are a good number of posts concerning reclockers there.

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

3 hours ago, rwwjr44 said:

Visit the DevialetChat forum there are a good number of posts concerning reclockers there.

@rwwjr44 I did try to find useful information from DevialetChat. Unfortunately, the option to use relocker or reclocker is limited to roon compatible device, usually a combination of a NAS, SOtM, mutec then AES to Devialet but it involves too many connections and Roon is not a must for me. TotalDAC may be simpler but it seems Aurender is still the best of the market.

Aurender N10, Oppo 103 w Vanity HD card, Dutch&Dutch 8c, Shunyata Denali v2, MiniDSP SHD Studio, Mutec MC3+USB

7 hours ago, rwwjr44 said:

The best tweaks seem to be a great platform, and great footers, then the best cables and equipment that you can afford. Always, always listen before you buy.

+1. Well said, rwwjr44. 

J. :)

Jon

Hi all, not sure anyone has noticed.  For a small purchase via the Conductor app via Apple App Store, the MQA Core Decoder are now available on the Aurender (except S10).  It can now perform the first unfold of Tidal Master and send out to DAC at the maximum of 24/96.  (For those of you who do not own any MQA DAC, the upgrade is worthwhile.)

D3197AFE-B7E1-4A09-B655-8EC415C3D310.thumb.jpeg.f114df48d57895f9c9f7e52793fd5f9a.jpeg880A2B41-45FB-4117-8CF9-9C1F4CB4EC6D.thumb.jpeg.9ba969f31443feb24807d0c1e1a6c9ea.jpeg

D51D2C03-2B25-4A9E-9B56-3D5899C19E4B.jpeg

5633218D-5AB8-48E1-B2EC-248BE9F0B096.jpeg

D899A015-4D7B-49FE-9866-0AF7500AB607.jpeg

Digital: MBP, Audirvana, Amarra Luxe, Roon, Aurender N10, Auralic Aries G2 & Vega G2, Lumin T2, Naim ND5 XS2, Naim Mu-so 2nd Generation, Resonessence Labs Mirus Pro, Weiss DAC501.

Analog: Linn LP12 with Lingo 3, Garrard 301/1, Thorens TD124, Zesto Audio Andros PS1.

Amp: Hegel H390, Hegel H590, Vitus SIA-025, Naim Uniti Nova.

Speakers: Egglestonworks Andra III, Dynaudio Contour 20, Dynaudio Special Forty.

Cables: Tchernov Reference MK II interconnect & speaker cables, Viard Audio Silver HD USB & AES/EBU

NAS: Synology DS412+

2 hours ago, Ponzi said:

Can anyone tell me how to rearrange album art on the home page of the Aurneder N10?  When down loaded, the albums are all in the library, but I would like to rearrange them.  Thank you.

You can do this from your computer by adding to or deleting album art from each of the album folders.

Jon