IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

2 hours ago, jfddoc said:

I just bought a New N-10 and noticed there was nothing about High Resolution cover art in the online user guide.  What exactly does selecting this option do?   Thanks.

It enables you to see higher resolution cover art in the Conductor app. If set to 'off' resolution is limited. Suggest to leave it on.

Aurender W20's battery replacement:

I am proposed a 3 years old W20. My main fear is that the batteries will soon have to be replaced, and what is the cost (and the possibility) to replace them.

So... I wonder what is the expected battery life of the W20’s batteries and the replacement cost when it will be needed.

Also, is there a way to know the Battery’s condition (like a monitor/gauge/warning in the conductor app)

Thanks for the advices

@bmichels “The W20's batteries are spec'd to last 3,000 charge-recharge cycles until they reach 80% of capacity. If the W20 is used eight hours per day, 365 days per year, the batteries should last about 40 years”

Aurender W20 Music Server, Kii Three Active Speakers, Kii Digital Controller

Audioquest Diamond USB, Audioquest Niagara 7000 conditioner, Audioquest NRG-1000 HC mains leads

It’s not my calculation, it’s a quote from a review and the figures came from Aurender themselves. 

Audioquest Diamond USB, Audioquest Niagara 7000 conditioner, Audioquest NRG-1000 HC mains leads

1 minute ago, bmichels said:

3000 / 365 / 3 ( 3 full cycles per day minimum) = 3 years !??

And you are making assumptions on how long a charge cycle lasts and you forget that there is more than one battery bank. As I said, they are not my figures, they came from a review and they came from Aurender. 

Suggest if if it’s that important to you, speak with Aurender, they are very helpful. 

Oh and you can’t check battery condition which was one of your questions

On 9/23/2018 at 3:28 AM, Ponzi said:

I have the N10.  I am still getting loud clicks when changing albums.  Not between songs on the same album.  I have the click suppression button activated.  I am I missing something.  My DAC is the PS Audio Directstream.  

The clicks come from the dac as it switches between different resolutions of different albums. This is normal. :)

Jon

Innuos Zen Mk 3, Shunyata alpha usb cable, Esoteric N-05 dac/network player, MBL N11 preamp, Bryston 28B SST2 monoblocks, Vienna Acoustics The Music speakers, Kimber Select 1126/1130 ic's, Kimber Select 6063 sc, Shunyata Triton, Shunyata/PS Audio pc's, Shunyata Dark Field Suspension System, Harmonix by Combak footers, Shun Mook Pendulum stand

Industry Affiliation : None

16 minutes ago, audio.bill said:

Haven't we already covered this when you asked earlier and received responses?

We can cut him some slack here. 

People can forget once in a while. :)

Jon

Innuos Zen Mk 3, Shunyata alpha usb cable, Esoteric N-05 dac/network player, MBL N11 preamp, Bryston 28B SST2 monoblocks, Vienna Acoustics The Music speakers, Kimber Select 1126/1130 ic's, Kimber Select 6063 sc, Shunyata Triton, Shunyata/PS Audio pc's, Shunyata Dark Field Suspension System, Harmonix by Combak footers, Shun Mook Pendulum stand

My advice concerning which Aurender to buy -> buy the model that you can afford given your circumstances. We have heard about folks being "house poor", "car poor", etc. and I know the temptations of those as well as wanting a Leica camera and a W20. I haven't always followed my advice and have often regretted it. There are just too many other things to do in life. ?

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

6 hours ago, Custodian said:

I think w20 makes a lot of sense. Basic sound quality is significantly better. I would recommend spdif 75ohm in preference to dual ABS/EBU in any case.

Interesting... you are the second personn that tell me that SPDIF 75 ohm is prefered to AES 110 ohms !

Can you tell me exactly what spdif cable are you using.

thanks

28 minutes ago, bmichels said:

Interesting... you are the second personn that tell me that SPDIF 75 ohm is prefered to AES 110 ohms !

Can you tell me exactly what spdif cable are you using.

thanks

Get it first and then experiment within the context of your system. 

Jon

5 hours ago, rwwjr44 said:

My advice concerning which Aurender to buy -> buy the model that you can afford given your circumstances. We have heard about folks being "house poor", "car poor", etc. and I know the temptations of those as well as wanting a Leica camera and a W20. I haven't always followed my advice and have often regretted it. There are just too many other things to do in life. ?

So true. 

Jon

14 minutes ago, jon2020 said:

Get it first and then experiment within the context of your system. 

I used to use Siltech Signature AES/EBU.

i replaced with Furutech top of the rang spdif but I also evaluated MIT Magnum. Both gave a faster, more detailed image than AES. 

We repeated this with a friends system system who found similar results.

1 hour ago, Custodian said:

I used to use Siltech Signature AES/EBU.

i replaced with Furutech top of the rang spdif but I also evaluated MIT Magnum. Both gave a faster, more detailed image than AES. 

We repeated this with a friends system system who found similar results.

thanks a lot. I will investigate those 2 brands.   

But I wonder: may be the superiority of coax over AES that you noticed is also depending on the DAC you are using ? Some DACs may have a better AES input while other DACs vice versa may have a better coax input ? 

Anyway, In 2 days I will go listening to a W20 that is proposed to me for sale used.  I will report...