IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

Sorry.

Scroll down to your Denafrips dac

-> usb, I2S for DoP and native dsd up to 256. 

Jon

Innuos Zen Mk 3, Shunyata alpha usb cable, Esoteric N-05 dac/network player, MBL N11 preamp, Bryston 28B SST2 monoblocks, Vienna Acoustics The Music speakers, Kimber Select 1126/1130 ic's, Kimber Select 6063 sc, Shunyata Triton, Shunyata/PS Audio pc's, Shunyata Dark Field Suspension System, Harmonix by Combak footers, Shun Mook Pendulum stand

Industry Affiliation : None

On 9/28/2018 at 7:08 AM, bmichels said:

thanks:   will AES/EBU also carry DSD or is it limited to PCM like COAX ? 

https://www.denafrips.com/terminator-specs

Scroll down to dsd. 

Jon

Innuos Zen Mk 3, Shunyata alpha usb cable, Esoteric N-05 dac/network player, MBL N11 preamp, Bryston 28B SST2 monoblocks, Vienna Acoustics The Music speakers, Kimber Select 1126/1130 ic's, Kimber Select 6063 sc, Shunyata Triton, Shunyata/PS Audio pc's, Shunyata Dark Field Suspension System, Harmonix by Combak footers, Shun Mook Pendulum stand

Industry Affiliation : None

Thanks.  So may be I was playing DSD 2x instead of DSD64 ! I will check.

based on multiple recommendations, I will also try to test the SHUNYATA Sigma AES/EBU cable.  Re USB cables, what can you recommend ? 

btw, Few weeks ago, I was hoping for a W20 successor, but now that I have bought a W20... I hope the successor will not come soon !  funny isn't it  ?

Ok and thanks for all thoes recommendations for  Shunyata Sigma. it looks the Sigma serie is a winner ! 

But then before I will need to choose between AES and Coax !  I am not sure I can get booth just to try !  I will ask....

BTW: I do not see  any recomendation for Shunyata Sigma USB cable !  only for Coax and AES ! is the USB Sigma already available ? 

lot of cable to try...lot of fun !   

And... please do not make fun about the wodden top of the W20:  in addition to the original top, the vendor also supplied me with this strange « wood top » made by Mr. Rudolf (A Capella) that is supposed to provide Optimization with Woodcolumn in Holes in the top which are standing on some Parts of the Elekttonik and on the Column Wood compensator, all to Reduce Vibration and Mikrophonie. Everything is easily removebal whithout any damage and the Original top can Mount. (see picture. It looks funny isn’t it ;-). —> Have you heard of this strange top optimized ?

1169217639_Terminator-AurenderW20.thumb.jpg.8bb4b26a04e11aff161f1b55427ee9a3.jpg

11 hours ago, bmichels said:

Thanks.  So may be I was playing DSD 2x instead of DSD64 ! I will check.

based on multiple recommendations, I will also try to test the SHUNYATA Sigma AES/EBU cable.  Re USB cables, what can you recommend ? 

btw, Few weeks ago, I was hoping for a W20 successor, but now that I have bought a W20... I hope the successor will not come soon !  funny isn't it  ?

For USB: Suggest to try Crystal Cable Dreamline Plus. Very expensive but incredibly good sound..!!

Qobuz support added

27x17x10 Golden Ratio room,EtherRegen>Melco N1A EX H60 server/streamer >T+A Dac 200>Coda CsIB > Paradigm Personas 5f, Combak Harmonica Footers, Townshend Podiums, Custom swarm sub system , Iconoclast 4x4 UPOCC XLR cable, Townshend F1 Fractal speaker cables  SoTM dBl7 Ethernet cable, Puritan 156, Farad 3 LPS,  Synergistic, Audience,and Triode wire labs power cabling ,Stillpoints, SR fuses,GIK Slatfusors

I could use some help please. 

My Aurender N100H was working fine just a few days ago. 

Now, my Conductor App shows nothing and won't connect to my Aurender. 

I powered down and up my N100H and my iPad multiple times. No change. 

Here is the weird part-even after powering down my Aurender, when it powers back up it displays that it is playing music stored on it by artist and song name but it just stays frozen. 

Things get weirder-when I try to update my Conductor App, no matter what I do, it just shows "loading" and does not change, even after 12 hours. 

I just used the iTunes store and downloaded the new Conductor App that way. It shows version 2.9.11(15) now but still no change. 

Also, if I hit "Remote Support Request", all I get is "Please try again" with no change over 12 hours. 

Any hints or suggestions?

Make sure they are on the same network. Do you get the message " Searching for Aurender N-100"?

27x17x10 Golden Ratio room,EtherRegen>Melco N1A EX H60 server/streamer >T+A Dac 200>Coda CsIB > Paradigm Personas 5f, Combak Harmonica Footers, Townshend Podiums, Custom swarm sub system , Iconoclast 4x4 UPOCC XLR cable, Townshend F1 Fractal speaker cables  SoTM dBl7 Ethernet cable, Puritan 156, Farad 3 LPS,  Synergistic, Audience,and Triode wire labs power cabling ,Stillpoints, SR fuses,GIK Slatfusors

Complete power down. Not just stand by correct?

Do you see the Aurender on your PC? 

Aurender Software Update

The Conductor App allows a software update (4.14.43) that does not appear on the Aurender site.

In that I no longer must fool the app into believing I live in Paris, and the radio listings in Conductor are now mostly U.S., I suspect this is a step toward launching U.S. access to Qobuz. 

Qobuz via Aurender N10 > Devialet Expert Pro > Audio Physic Avantera

just updated the software on N100H: when it restarted, no sound.  Conductor app is connected and screen on unit shows music is steaming.  It was playing fine before the update, but to make sure I have checked all cables, checked mute buttons, restarted the unit several times but still no sound.    I have sent an email to Aurender, but very strange and if anyone has any similar issues with the update let me know.

3 minutes ago, Bolts said:

just updated the software on N100H: when it restarted, no sound.  Conductor app is connected and screen on unit shows music is steaming.  It was playing fine before the update, but to make sure I have checked all cables, checked mute buttons, restarted the unit several times but still no sound.    I have sent an email to Aurender, but very strange and if anyone has any similar issues with the update let me know.

you must also update the IOS app

Sorted: but I have no idea what was causing the problem.   Was trying to set up an alternative DAC, disconnected input cables and other cables and out of the blue sound signal started passing through the system. Bizarre.

This is our hobby I guess ;) 

Well, now the Aurender W20 is installed at home above the Denafrips Terminator R2R DAC and under the BHSE amp & the EC445 Amp. I installed them on cones made of lava to decouple them from the furniture which is definitively not a dedicated HiFi rack. A new home made power filter/distributor is also used. Ah... I also removed the strange W20's wooden top to replace it by the factory top  ?

I ordered on loan 3 digital cables from the same company (Hificables.fr) so that next week I will be able to compare USB, EAS and Coax connections and decide which is best...

--> What best super TOL USB or AES cable can you recommend ?

Some High quality power cables are also coming soon to test 
(some home made and some from Hificables.fr).

IMG_5523.jpg

10179377.jpg

Turned N100H on today and ... no music.

So, back to the drawing board and I hope to get some sort of reply from Aurender soon. 

Trying everything, including swapping out the DAC to see if that is the issue. 

Frustrating. 

Hello ladies and gentlemen,

I have the Accuphase kit (PS1230, DP750, A47 and C2420) I would like to add Aurender.
I have the option to buy an older S10 with 6TB or a new X100L 12TB.
What plays better.
I have the Cardas - USB and Coax cables.

Thank you very much for any advice.