IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

14 hours ago, JS21 said:

Hey Brian,

I notice Music Direct carries Shunyata. I'm using a Lessloss dfpc with my A10 but have read many positive reviews on the alpha digital pic. Any opinions on it with the A10?

Upgrading to all Shunyata power cables in my system recently was a huge upgrade in sound quality in my opinion. I spoke with Shunyata directly while making decisions on which cables to buy and they suggested the Alpha Digital for the Aurender N100H. 

However, they told me NOT to use one on my Dac, since it was more so an analog product than a digital one, thus I'm not sure if the Alpha Digital is the right PC for the A10 (since it's both a digital player / streamer AND a Dac in one box?

Call Music Direct or Shunyata, they will help you!! 

PS, I did purchase all my Shunyata cables at Music Direct, give them a call, they usually can offer you a discount via telephone vs purchasing directly online!

5 hours ago, Custodian said:

Frustrating in the UK. 

When I asked Aurender about their plans for radio in the U.K., they would not provide any information. As an s10 and w20 owner, it's really annoying seeing radio available in other major markets.

if they are really not interested in the U.K. Market, maybe we should just switch to local products such as DCS

Custodian,

You can activate radio streaming by changing your date/time on your iPad setting to a region that's supported (Paris, Amsterdam..)

Lyngdorf MP40..Aurender N200..Panasonic UB9000..SimAudio Titan MCH Amp..Emotiva BasX A4..KEF Ref 1 Meta..Dali Phantom IW..SVS Prime Elevation(4)..JL Audio F112..Shunyata Research Ztron Alpha HC/Digital..IsoAcoustics Gaia II, Orea Bronze..Billy Bags rack.

3 hours ago, agladstone said:

Upgrading to all Shunyata power cables in my system recently was a huge upgrade in sound quality in my opinion. I spoke with Shunyata directly while making decisions on which cables to buy and they suggested the Alpha Digital for the Aurender N100H. 

However, they told me NOT to use one on my Dac, since it was more so an analog product than a digital one, thus I'm not sure if the Alpha Digital is the right PC for the A10 (since it's both a digital player / streamer AND a Dac in one box?

Call Music Direct or Shunyata, they will help you!! 

PS, I did purchase all my Shunyata cables at Music Direct, give them a call, they usually can offer you a discount via telephone vs purchasing directly online!

That makes a lot of sense. Thank you.

Lyngdorf MP40..Aurender N200..Panasonic UB9000..SimAudio Titan MCH Amp..Emotiva BasX A4..KEF Ref 1 Meta..Dali Phantom IW..SVS Prime Elevation(4)..JL Audio F112..Shunyata Research Ztron Alpha HC/Digital..IsoAcoustics Gaia II, Orea Bronze..Billy Bags rack.

Any thoughts on newest upgrade?? 

I REALLY wish I never did the last upgrade (too late now), and internet radio is literally of zero interest to me (I think I'm missing the point of adding internet radio, seeing how it's all "Lo-Fi", it does not seem to make munch sense to me on a product such as the Aurender players). 

So the question to everyone is, any other changes or bug fixes in this release that make it worth my while? 

22 hours ago, JS21 said:

Hey Brian,

I notice Music Direct carries Shunyata. I'm using a Lessloss dfpc with my A10 but have read many positive reviews on the alpha digital pic. Any opinions on it with the A10?

Not yet, as in the next couple of days I'll be installing the A10 and the N10 which we just received. We'll be using Shunyata digital power cords in the systems because they are heavy favorites and people keep them.

Brian Walsh

Analog Expert / Showroom Manager

Music Direct

4 hours ago, agladstone said:

Any thoughts on newest upgrade?? 

I REALLY wish I never did the last upgrade (too late now), and internet radio is literally of zero interest to me (I think I'm missing the point of adding internet radio, seeing how it's all "Lo-Fi", it does not seem to make munch sense to me on a product such as the Aurender players). 

So the question to everyone is, any other changes or bug fixes in this release that make it worth my while? 

It's a pretty minor update but I love the new features. MQA details on the Aurender and Tidal apps are great.

Streaming FM is not HiFi but I learned I can live with it as it's mostly for background music that I use it for. Another advantage is no antenna needed. Living in NYC, sometimes getting a good signal is difficult because of the high rise bldgs.

I have a Magnum Dynalab MD100 tuner which I've had for over 10 years and obviously the SQ is better, but now I can sell it. :) 

The A10 has simplified my system in so many ways.

On 06/04/2017 at 11:23 PM, JS21 said:

Custodian,

You can activate radio streaming by changing your date/time on your iPad setting to a region that's supported (Paris, Amsterdam..)

Is this correct. Im in th UK and set iPad to UNited States, no internet radio icon. Set Aurender to take region from iPad. Nothing.

i like internet radio for background music, which i sort through my Synology NAS at present but would be good if i could sort direct through Aurender.

3 minutes ago, Foxman50 said:

Is this correct. Im in th UK and set iPad to UNited States, no internet radio icon. Set Aurender to take region from iPad. Nothing.

i like internet radio for background music, which i sort through my Synology NAS at present but would be good if i could sort direct through Aurender.

Yes..this was how I got internet radio the past month before the update. Try Amsterdam. 

6 hours ago, daredevil_kk said:

Hi guys,

Is the N10 MQA capable or will they update the software to do so?

Cheers,

KK

MQA compatibility is something for the DAC to have, not the Aurender (the Aurender A10 which has a DAC built in is MQA compatible, though). The N10 and other models can transmit MQA content to the DAC. If the DAC is MQA compatible it will be decoded as such, otherwise it will be played without being decoded.

Brian Walsh

Analog Expert / Showroom Manager

Music Direct

1 hour ago, AudioDoctor said:

I am always hesitant to update software that's working fine right now.  Any problems with the new Aurender software I need to be aware of?

I was hesitant myself after the last update seriously degraded the SQ of my DSD files and dismounted my Aurender network folder which I had difficulties re-connecting to. However this most recent update seems to have gone smooth (you must delete conductor app and add it again from App Store after the update is completed)! 

I still have not tried internet radio, but the MQA indication feature is amazing!! 

If you go to an artists page via Tidal, you can look through their albums and see which ones are MQA!! This is a great feature because you can't do that via Tidal app and there are thousands of MQA albums on Tidal now, even though the "Masters" tab in Tidal only shows 578.  

2 minutes ago, Foxman50 said:

Many thanks works a treat.

Glad that works. How do u like the SQ?

10 hours ago, agladstone said:

Any problems with the new Aurender software I need to be aware of?

... updated my X100 and iPad with new releases and everything works fine so far.

Just noticed that the new "internet radio" function seems to enable better SQ than via airplay at same 320 Kbps radio stations (i.e.: http://stream.psychomed.gr/webstream baroque.html ).

For me as background music just ok.

mabe

since the update noticed another feature:

now from a playlist I can go into album view and select songs (not in playlist) to play: pretty sure I could not do that before

seems like Aurender got a lot done with this update (still waiting for different skin colors)

On 08/04/2017 at 7:37 PM, bpw said:

MQA compatibility is something for the DAC to have, not the Aurender (the Aurender A10 which has a DAC built in is MQA compatible, though). The N10 and other models can transmit MQA content to the DAC. If the DAC is MQA compatible it will be decoded as such, otherwise it will be played without being decoded.

I understand that but the 1st layer of decoding can be done by the Tidal app on the computer so why not on the N10?

Thanks,

KK

I actually just tried the internet radio feature, and I was pleasantly surprised by the sound quality and selection. 

I was really enjoying the station "Jazz and Lounge Station" (the "plugs" from the station said it was ABC lounge, but Conductor / Shoutcast displays it as "Jazz and Lounge Station"), the sound quality was better than I expected, and my Dac displayed 24 / 44 for bit rate. 

I am not sure I have any choice of the internet radio selections but some of them are very good. They show 44kz/24 bit on my DAC and sound as such. Others are not and they don't sound great but two of the classical stations and one jazz really sound fantastic. The app does not present what is being played but I can look online and look at a playlist if needed. The rest of the upgrades are working well also. 

My DAC also displays 44.1/24. According to the Shoutcast website, the highest bitrate is 320 MP3. 

Aurender N10 music server, Ayre QX-5 & PS Audio DirectStream DACs, PS Audio DMP transport, Ayre KX-R 20 preamp, Ayre MX-R 20mono blocks, Sonus Faber Stradivari speakers, Shunyata Denali 6000S v2/Typhon QR power distributor, Shunyata Research Sigma & Synergistic Research Galileo  cables and power cords. DH Labs digital XLR, BNC, USB, optical cables 

Great update by Aurender all around. I'm pleasantly surprised that most of the jazz stations sound much better than I expected. Wbgo hd2, audiophile jazz, hi on line jazz among the many. Not sure how accurate the bit rate display on the stations are though. 

Now if we can only get alternate skin colors...

14 hours ago, daredevil_kk said:

I understand that but the 1st layer of decoding can be done by the Tidal app on the computer so why not on the N10?

Thanks,

KK

Hi KK - You are correct. I hope Aurender models all decode MQA for other DACs to render. I don't believe there's a hardware or software limitation, most likely it's a time limitation on the part of staff. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png